Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everything wrong with English football... 10:45 - May 18 with 1018 viewskizaitfc

Leicester & one of Leeds/Southampton being promoted back to the Premier League will save £103m in parachute payments to 2 of those clubs.

That £103m will be split between PL Clubs rather than the EFL, after a vote by the PL clubs.

[Kieran Maguire]

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Everything wrong with English football... on 10:49 - May 18 with 980 viewsGeoffSentence

Another 5mill for us then? Brilliant.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Everything wrong with English football... on 10:49 - May 18 with 977 viewsKeno

we get some extra ££££ so its not all bad

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Everything wrong with English football... on 10:54 - May 18 with 930 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Everyone moans about the PL, everyone still wants to be in it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Everything wrong with English football... on 11:04 - May 18 with 858 viewsstrikalite

How about giving League One and Two clubs a couple of mil each to be used only for ground improvements..
Everything wrong with English football... on 11:08 - May 18 with 839 viewsTrequartista

Keeps making Bill Hicks, Satan and a lewd act spring to mind. If you know, you know.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Everything wrong with English football... on 13:11 - May 18 with 567 viewsChurchman

Everything wrong with English football... on 10:54 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Everyone moans about the PL, everyone still wants to be in it.

The two are compatible strangely.

The money at the top of the game is absurd and everyone loses money bar the top clubs. The leagues even further down than the PL are getting distorted not least thanks to parachute payments. The money should be far more evenly distributed.

The Championship is a much more exciting place to be than the PL because you have a shout in every game. There are very few forgone conclusion games like there will be next season. I’d love the ‘big six’ to scuttle off to their super league and leave domestic football to what I class as real clubs.

Ok, far less money in the game but more than sufficient to sustain the remaining professional clubs in healthy competitive exciting divisions. The big clubs view the rest of the dross as worthless. The communities of those dross 86 clubs plus the non leagues don’t agree. Just look at the attendances across the leagues from Plymouth to Carlisle.

Don’t tell me that the fans of say Exeter travelling up to the north west for a game care any less than entitled Man City supporters. There’s just less of them and no plastics. The domestic game beneath the PL is healthy competition but because of the PL is not financially healthy.

The fact that Leeds, Leicester and Saints were so much better than the rest bar one is a warning. Things need to change.

So that’s what I see as what’s primarily wrong with English football. Against this is the desire of all clubs to be the best that they can be. Including us after years of zippo. So just like in 1992 when the PL was formed I’ll gladly take our seat at the end of the top table and the £££ that goes with it.

We've not made the rules for this and however flawed the league structures are, we can only be as good as we can be and take whatever comes with it - without bankrupting ourselves.
Everything wrong with English football... on 14:32 - May 18 with 378 viewsRadlett_blue

Everything wrong with English football... on 11:04 - May 18 by strikalite

How about giving League One and Two clubs a couple of mil each to be used only for ground improvements..

You can't hypothecate assets. Spending the money on ground improvements, which they were probably going to have to do anyway, purely releases other funds to be wasted on transfer fees & wages.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024