Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivermectin 18:51 - Nov 14 with 3850 viewsDinDjarin

I remember certain people on here absolutely hammering anyone who spoke about Ivermectin as a cure for anything and that only right wing Trump supporters who are thick a pig shiite would consider something so stupid.

Turns out that this drug that won a Nobel Prize and is prescribed to humans in many many countries is in fact producing encouraging results in cancer treatments.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7205794
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphar.2021.717529/full
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1043661820315152

[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 18:51]
Ivermectin on 18:58 - Nov 14 with 2665 viewsBlueBadger

Drugs often have surprising applications(although, in context the use an anti parasitic developed for the gut helping with bowel cancer probably isn't *that* surprising)

This doesn't mean that it wasn't completely f***king stupid to dose yourself up randomly with something untested and completely unproven as a covid treatment though, particularly when there were better, more proven and cheaper options for prevention(vaccination, distancing and masking) and treatment(dexamethasone, resdemivir, toxilimab) of covid though.

These studies are also at their very early stages and there'll need to be much wider, repeated testing as well.

Still, nice attempt at concern trolling here.

[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 19:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ivermectin on 19:02 - Nov 14 with 2605 viewsSwansea_Blue

People were rightly hammering anyone who was taking this as a DIY Covid-19 treatment, because there was no evidence that it worked for that application.

This looks completely different, because there is some evidence that it may be helpful. And that sounds positive. Anything that is proven to help in the battle against cancer should be welcomed.

The Nobel Prize thing was for its initial developed application against parasitic infections, and so irrelevant to Covid-19 or cancer applications.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ivermectin on 19:03 - Nov 14 with 2577 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ivermectin on 18:58 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

Drugs often have surprising applications(although, in context the use an anti parasitic developed for the gut helping with bowel cancer probably isn't *that* surprising)

This doesn't mean that it wasn't completely f***king stupid to dose yourself up randomly with something untested and completely unproven as a covid treatment though, particularly when there were better, more proven and cheaper options for prevention(vaccination, distancing and masking) and treatment(dexamethasone, resdemivir, toxilimab) of covid though.

These studies are also at their very early stages and there'll need to be much wider, repeated testing as well.

Ah, but how many horses do you know who died of Covid, eh?

Ivermectin on 19:08 - Nov 14 with 2538 viewsPlums

Disappointed.
I saw the title of the thread and thought we'd got ourselves a new East European striker.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Ivermectin on 19:10 - Nov 14 with 2517 viewswkj

Moral of the story - It does nothing for Covid then. Just as many suspected. Another win for Big Farmer

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ivermectin on 19:13 - Nov 14 with 2499 viewsStokieBlue

Thanks for posting links showing that "certain people" were absolutely right in that it does nothing for covid.

The rest of your post is a pathetic reframing of the narrative into something that never happened. People were clearly discussing this in relation to covid and to launch a very weird attack on "certain people" is both disingenuous and frankly insulting.

It's fairly obvious you've lifted this from a certain type of site and rage-posted it here, I suggest a little less time on such places might be an idea.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ivermectin on 19:14 - Nov 14 with 2446 viewswkj

Ivermectin on 19:13 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

Thanks for posting links showing that "certain people" were absolutely right in that it does nothing for covid.

The rest of your post is a pathetic reframing of the narrative into something that never happened. People were clearly discussing this in relation to covid and to launch a very weird attack on "certain people" is both disingenuous and frankly insulting.

It's fairly obvious you've lifted this from a certain type of site and rage-posted it here, I suggest a little less time on such places might be an idea.

SB

You took the words right out of my mouth

Ivermectin on 19:19 - Nov 14 with 2401 viewsBlueBadger

Ivermectin on 19:13 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

SB

OP has been peddling weird covid theories, low key antivaxxing and whining about so-called experts mocking his degree from This Bloke On Youtube Said This Though school of medicine for ages. This is just his latest.

As with a lot of these threads, I've said my piece and I'm now bowing out. Staying on and hammering at it won't do me any favours and the OP is frankly too dim to change their mind anyway.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 21:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Ivermectin on 19:20 - Nov 14 with 2367 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ivermectin on 19:14 - Nov 14 by wkj

You took the words right out of my mouth

Meatloaf post of the day, right there.

Ivermectin on 19:25 - Nov 14 with 2336 viewsfactual_blue

Ivermectin on 18:58 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

However, as you yourself often say, the aim of trolling is to make others, not yourself, look stupid.

So on that basis the OP is a spectacular failure.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ivermectin on 19:26 - Nov 14 with 2334 viewsMattinLondon

Ivermectin on 19:10 - Nov 14 by wkj

Moral of the story - It does nothing for Covid then. Just as many suspected. Another win for Big Farmer

Ivermectin on 19:26 - Nov 14 with 2330 viewsfactual_blue

Ivermectin on 19:03 - Nov 14 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, but how many horses do you know who died of Covid, eh?

Thirty-two.

Ivermectin on 19:28 - Nov 14 with 2329 viewsghostofescobar

I think you have to be pretty thick to mix up people speaking about it in the context of Covid and it subsequently becoming a promising treatment for something completely different. Assuming you can produce some supporting evidence of those on here hammering anyone saying it was a cure for anything and also saying that only right wing trumpist’s, who are thick, would consider it as a cure for anything? Maybe come back when you can.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 22:11]

GhostOfEscobar

Ivermectin on 19:40 - Nov 14 with 2252 viewslowhouseblue

someone needs to point out to you - and it's a serious matter - if your doctor prescribes something for you, only take it to treat the thing the doctor has diagnosed. if you use it for random unrelated conditions it won't work and it may do you serious harm. different drugs treat different things.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ivermectin on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 2210 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ivermectin on 19:26 - Nov 14 by factual_blue

Thirty-two.

Another 10 and we might have known the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything (which presumably includes 'will we get promoted this season?').

Ivermectin on 19:44 - Nov 14 with 2208 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Ivermectin on 19:08 - Nov 14 by Plums

Disappointed.
I saw the title of the thread and thought we'd got ourselves a new East European striker.

Welsh international, innit.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Ivermectin on 19:46 - Nov 14 with 2182 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ivermectin on 19:44 - Nov 14 by You_Bloo_Right

Welsh international, innit.

Nah, too many vowels. Well, just any vowels actually.

Ivermectin on 20:00 - Nov 14 with 2098 viewsDinDjarin

Ivermectin on 19:10 - Nov 14 by wkj

But it does. Trials ongoing with promising results also.
Ivermectin on 20:08 - Nov 14 with 2025 viewswkj

Ivermectin on 20:00 - Nov 14 by DinDjarin

As should have been the case before advocating something there was merely a theory. All told, I believe we got the 'least-bad' outcome with how things panned out

Ivermectin on 20:08 - Nov 14 with 2023 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ivermectin on 20:00 - Nov 14 by DinDjarin

Why post links to it as a cancer treatment instead then?

You are claiming a drug is useful for Covid treatment, aren't you?

It is like saying, look Conor Chaplin has scored a lot of goals, he must be great goalkeeper! Only, it is far more dangerous when you randomly take a drug for something that it has not been clinically tested. All drugs have side-effects and anti-cancer ones are frequently very serious.

Surely you can follow the argument here? If so, post a reputable link showing that it is effective as a Covid or stop trolling!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ivermectin on 20:16 - Nov 14 with 1985 viewsDinDjarin

Ivermectin on 20:08 - Nov 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why post links to it as a cancer treatment instead then?

You are claiming a drug is useful for Covid treatment, aren't you?

It is like saying, look Conor Chaplin has scored a lot of goals, he must be great goalkeeper! Only, it is far more dangerous when you randomly take a drug for something that it has not been clinically tested. All drugs have side-effects and anti-cancer ones are frequently very serious.

Surely you can follow the argument here? If so, post a reputable link showing that it is effective as a Covid or stop trolling!

I said trials were promising and ongoing.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatme
https://www.principletrial.org/results/results
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 20:22]
Ivermectin on 20:26 - Nov 14 with 1927 viewsfactual_blue

Ivermectin on 19:44 - Nov 14 by Swansea_Blue

Another 10 and we might have known the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything (which presumably includes 'will we get promoted this season?').

'Forty-two' is the answer to the question 'what points total should ensure we avoid relegation this season?'

And to the question 'when promoted at the end of the season, how many consecutive Premier League titles will ITFC win?'

It is not the answer to the question 'is Facters off his trolley?'

Ivermectin on 20:40 - Nov 14 with 1842 viewsBlueBadger

Ivermectin on 20:16 - Nov 14 by DinDjarin

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatme

The trial you're citing here doesn't have any results for ivermectin, let alone 'promising' ones.

This study suggests its ineffective

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2801827

So does this one.

https://www.ndm.ox.ac.uk/news/moru-study-shows-ivermectin-not-effective-treatmen

If you're going to snidely infer to people to 'do your research' it would probably be a good idea for you to actually do it as well.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 20:44]

Ivermectin on 20:41 - Nov 14 with 1826 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ivermectin on 20:16 - Nov 14 by DinDjarin

This report from those trials doesn't exist then?

https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/news/study-supports-evidence-ivermectin-not-effectiv

EDIT: Or to add two more reputable links

https://www.kumc.edu/about/news/news-archive/jama-ivermectin-study.html
https://ebm.bmj.com/content/27/3/156

Either stop trolling or stop commenting on something you clearly have no understanding of.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 20:44]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ivermectin on 21:53 - Nov 14 with 1599 viewsEwan_Oozami

You don't happen to know anything about Colchester roundabouts perchance?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024