Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Finances 15:03 - May 17 with 4698 viewsPinewoodblue

Looking ahead Norwich face a future without Parachute payments. They also have older players on high salaries they are going to find it difficult to get off the payroll.

Sacking Wagner will also add to their financial woe although I believe he was on a 12 month rolling contract.

Looks like they have been losing in excess of £20m over recent years, although not all that loss will count as far as finance rules are concerned. They probably need to be close to break even next season to avoid punishment.

My guess is they have to sell the family silver to keep afloat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich Finances on 15:06 - May 17 with 3624 viewsBlueNomad

They haven't got any silver! The trophy room is almost empty.
Norwich Finances on 15:10 - May 17 with 3573 viewscatch74

With Southampton and Leeds in the play offs there’s guaranteed to be one of the top three highest value Championship squads left in the division, plus Burnley - surely favourites and Sheff U (could be one to struggle maybe) ad Luton who won’t give anyone an easy game.
Sunderland can’t be that bad again possibly WBA def Middlesbrough, Watford, Hull with money etc etc
Good luck to them.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwich Finances on 15:14 - May 17 with 3533 viewsMJallday

Norwich Finances on 15:06 - May 17 by BlueNomad

They could burn down another stand*

*Allegedly
[Post edited 17 May 15:14]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Norwich Finances on 15:18 - May 17 with 3492 viewsMJallday

Norwich Finances on 15:10 - May 17 by catch74

With Southampton and Leeds in the play offs there’s guaranteed to be one of the top three highest value Championship squads left in the division, plus Burnley - surely favourites and Sheff U (could be one to struggle maybe) ad Luton who won’t give anyone an easy game.
Sunderland can’t be that bad again possibly WBA def Middlesbrough, Watford, Hull with money etc etc
Good luck to them.

Southampton
WBA
Leeds
Hull
Watford
Burnley
Luton
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Middlesbrough

Only 1 of them won’t be there next season

That league is gonna be the hardest one for a
Long time . Even with my blue tints I can’t see the budgies getting top 10
[Post edited 17 May 15:19]

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Norwich Finances on 15:21 - May 17 with 3436 viewswkj

Norwich will most likely be a keen case study for a club who transitions to life without a solidarity payment. Without a doubt, they are looking at the potential of going down a very similar path as we did, unless they can somehow pull off a master stroke next season.

I don't usually like seeing clubs go under but if i take off my blue tinted spectacles then I can see there was no real plan for consolidation. A number of unpopular decisions and faces in the board room, manager merry-go-round participants with Wagner, and a disastrous counter attacking tactic that invited teams deep rather than pressing and commanding games.

it really does reek of someone in a stewardship position with little clue about football.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwich Finances on 15:24 - May 17 with 3391 viewsportmanroadblue

Norwich Finances on 15:18 - May 17 by MJallday

Southampton
WBA
Leeds
Hull
Watford
Burnley
Luton
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Middlesbrough

Also Portsmouth and Derby coming up.
Norwich Finances on 15:28 - May 17 with 3352 viewsportmanroadblue

They will struggle to attract known managers with minimal transfer budget available.
Struggle to offload players for a decent figure as those buying will be in the driving seat
Season tickets will drop
Norwich Finances on 15:29 - May 17 with 3336 viewsjoepublic

If they are hard up, perhaps they could rent out their trophy room on Airbnb to a local choir.

Great uninterrupted acoustics.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Finances on 15:33 - May 17 with 3273 viewsVegtablue

Norwich Finances on 15:24 - May 17 by portmanroadblue

QPR too, who took 35 points from their last 20 games and were genuinely brilliant against Leeds.
Norwich Finances on 15:37 - May 17 with 3224 viewsNedPlimpton

Southampton
WBA
Leeds
Hull
Watford
Burnley
Luton
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Middlesbrough

Not sure how that's any harder than this season. 7 of those clubs were there plus Leicester!
Norwich Finances on 15:38 - May 17 with 3217 viewsHighgateBlue

Norwich Finances on 15:28 - May 17 by portmanroadblue

They will struggle to attract known managers with minimal transfer budget available.
Struggle to offload players for a decent figure as those buying will be in the driving seat
Season tickets will drop

Also, would a known manager choose to go there if he's going to be treated like Farke and Wagner? Finishing 6th and drawing a playoff game was really a decent return for them this season.

Mind you, there were plenty who weren't satisfied when Mick achieved the same miracle with us.
Norwich Finances on 15:41 - May 17 with 3175 viewsdavblue

Norwich Finances on 15:28 - May 17 by portmanroadblue

Season tickets will drop

if they sell well they might be able to eak out another challenge for the play offs, if it all comes together top 2, unlikely certainly the top 2.

The Arsenal guy might get some top loans there also and that can make a difference.
Norwich Finances on 15:42 - May 17 with 3165 viewshype313

And potentially Bolton.

Going to be a slog of a league next season!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwich Finances on 16:04 - May 17 with 3000 viewsMJallday

Norwich Finances on 15:37 - May 17 by NedPlimpton

Not sure how that's any harder than this season. 7 of those clubs were there plus Leicester!

It’s harder because there’s 3 more teams with prem money plus the rest of that list

They’ll expect to be pushing to come back.

I can’t see it being a walk in the park for any team. Then again, I put us down for 12th this season so what do I know 😂

Norwich Finances on 16:22 - May 17 with 2875 viewsNutkins_Return

Southampton
WBA
Leeds
Hull
Watford
Burnley
Luton
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Middlesbrough

I'd see it as Substantially easier then the one just gone. Leicester, us and Leeds or Southampton up most likely. Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley are a downgrade on those going up for sure.

They might make playoffs again if they get the right manager. But don't see them going up
Norwich Finances on 16:28 - May 17 with 2819 viewsKeno

yes but promoted teams never do very well or get anywhere near the playoffs let alone the top 2 ........ oh ...... eerrr .....

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Norwich Finances on 16:33 - May 17 with 2761 viewsDennyx4

You have both missed out Coventry, if they don’t lose anyone, can easily see getting in the top six.
Norwich Finances on 16:43 - May 17 with 2701 viewsDennyx4

Next year will see no parachute payments (equivalent of approx £35million).

Some savings will be made on wages, where contracts will not be renewed - could make up 5 to 10 million saving, depending how many they let go.

Assuming they broke even this season, would leave a gap of about £25m to find. A couple of over value sales, could see them break even.

The only real saleable assets are Sargent, Sara, Rowe and Idah.

Only included Idah, as believe he may make a permanent move to Celtic. Possibly 3 to 5 million. But from my rough calculations, that leaves needing to find about £20m.
Norwich Finances on 16:48 - May 17 with 2655 viewsbournemouthblue

Southampton
WBA
Leeds
Hull
Watford
Burnley
Luton
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Middlesbrough

Everyone seems to be forgetting Coventry who are likely to be competitive again

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich Finances on 16:49 - May 17 with 2647 viewsJ2BLUE

Hopefully but we have seen people gleefully saying this before and then they found someone to sell.

Could see them getting rid of 3-4 and using that money to strengthen.

Let's hope not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich Finances on 16:52 - May 17 with 2624 viewsVegtablue

Norwich Finances on 16:22 - May 17 by Nutkins_Return

I'd see it as Substantially easier then the one just gone. Leicester, us and Leeds or Southampton up most likely. Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley are a downgrade on those going up for sure.

They might make playoffs again if they get the right manager. But don't see them going up

Also think it should be a bit easier myself; nobody will have to play us after all! And even if West Brom win the playoffs, Leeds and Saints will see their parachute payments reduce by 10% or so.

Away from the summit mind, I do see a few in the middle being better for their experiences this season (Boro, Cov, QPR, Weds even), and once again it's the big names finding their way out of L1. If Bolton do the business, we'll climb to presumably a new record of 20 ex-PL clubs. No clear basket cases at the bottom and 15K+ attendances everywhere, could it be Norwich's time to drop again?
Norwich Finances on 16:55 - May 17 with 2589 viewsbournemouthblue

Norwich Finances on 16:22 - May 17 by Nutkins_Return

Whilst the relegated sides can't be as dominant as the previous three last season, the three coming up may well be stronger collectively, there's also several clubs who seemed to be getting their act together towards the end of the season

Watford & Middlesbrough seemed to be building, Coventry won't have the FA Cup distractions this time around. Hull aren't going anywhere and will surely strengthen, there's then the other two failures from the playoffs which will feature one of Leeds or Southampton potentially

You'll have a random dark horse like Cardiff. The form of QPR and Wednesday in the second half could see someone like that emerging.

The depth in the league could be stronger next season, that's my theory. Whoever Norwich end up with, it's going to take some time to change the style of play with the players they have at their disposal currently.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich Finances on 16:58 - May 17 with 2565 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Norwich Finances on 16:52 - May 17 by Vegtablue

Also think it should be a bit easier myself; nobody will have to play us after all! And even if West Brom win the playoffs, Leeds and Saints will see their parachute payments reduce by 10% or so.

Away from the summit mind, I do see a few in the middle being better for their experiences this season (Boro, Cov, QPR, Weds even), and once again it's the big names finding their way out of L1. If Bolton do the business, we'll climb to presumably a new record of 20 ex-PL clubs. No clear basket cases at the bottom and 15K+ attendances everywhere, could it be Norwich's time to drop again?

If you like your Budgies unhappy, ready to sell anybody, I can recommend the pinkun
forum at the moment.
Norwich Finances on 16:59 - May 17 with 2554 viewskizaitfc

Norwich are looking almost a mirror image of us under Evans, signing older players on frees and playing a very boring style of football relying on the odd youngster to excite the fans.

Also similarities with Derby's free fall from the championship.

I suspect Norwich will need to get it right this summer otherwise risk following the same decline as Ipswich and Derby did.

If you look at the bottom end of the table last season the the bottom half were very competitive towards the end of the season and many of them may fancy their chances next year (Millwall, QPR, Stoke, Swansea, Cardiff).

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Norwich Finances on 17:15 - May 17 with 2435 viewsNthQldITFC

I asked my budgie friend Aggie about this and she had no idea what I was talking about. I said "...you know, element 47?" she said I was talking nonsense, and that everybody north of the Waveney knew that there was no such thing as element 47.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024