Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? 09:39 - Jan 4 with 5548 viewsbluesym

or has that changed?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 with 3056 viewsbluehook

Let's be frank here - how would Phil know more than you or I?
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 with 3052 viewsSomethingBlue

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 by bluehook

By being a journalist with contacts?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:01 - Jan 4 with 2905 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Ha, I like to think I've shown I know something every now and then! Not heard anything particularly enlightening, a number of targets, club hopeful of getting something done ahead of the weekend. Might well be deals which are dependent on other clubs signing players, that's the way it tends to be in January more than the summer.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:02 - Jan 4 with 2865 viewsOsborneOneNil

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:01 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Ha, I like to think I've shown I know something every now and then! Not heard anything particularly enlightening, a number of targets, club hopeful of getting something done ahead of the weekend. Might well be deals which are dependent on other clubs signing players, that's the way it tends to be in January more than the summer.

Standard January, eh Phil!
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:06 - Jan 4 with 2804 viewsNo9

It seems that MM's is in a quandary doesn't it?
Firstly he has sadi more than once on RS that he has one of the best squads in the divisions which could only be bettered by spending 'shed loads' of money.
More recently has has more than suggested he has a list of targets for the owner to consider.
Of course the latter could just be a sop to the fans?
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:09 - Jan 4 with 2782 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:06 - Jan 4 by No9

It seems that MM's is in a quandary doesn't it?
Firstly he has sadi more than once on RS that he has one of the best squads in the divisions which could only be bettered by spending 'shed loads' of money.
More recently has has more than suggested he has a list of targets for the owner to consider.
Of course the latter could just be a sop to the fans?

I think he's essentially happy with most areas of his squad, but clearly Murphy was a major loss and I think most agree a central midfielder is also required, ideally someone to add a few goals.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:10 - Jan 4 with 2745 viewsbluehook

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Read Phil's honest answer.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:11 - Jan 4 with 2734 viewsKieran_Knows

Presume Woodrow is one were hoping to get done before the weekend?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:12 - Jan 4 with 2709 viewshype313

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:09 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

I think he's essentially happy with most areas of his squad, but clearly Murphy was a major loss and I think most agree a central midfielder is also required, ideally someone to add a few goals.

That's the issue, who is going to let their goalscoring midfielder go this time of year?

January is generally a terrible time to get new players in, the caveat to that is obviously Stewart who I believe was a January buy, but that was the exception.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:15 - Jan 4 with 2678 viewsPJH

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 10:08 - Jan 4 by bluehook

So does Frank know?
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:16 - Jan 4 with 2657 viewsSteve_M

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:12 - Jan 4 by hype313

That's the issue, who is going to let their goalscoring midfielder go this time of year?

January is generally a terrible time to get new players in, the caveat to that is obviously Stewart who I believe was a January buy, but that was the exception.

It was February pre-transfer window. The real exception is for players who are out of contract in the Summer, so Danny Ward will move somewhere. That's how we got Sears in too isn't it?

The transfer window benefits only the richest clubs and Sky who can proclaim it's closure to countless breathless idiots taken in by the hyperbole.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:18 - Jan 4 with 2625 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:11 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

Presume Woodrow is one were hoping to get done before the weekend?

Seems very likely. Was talking to some of the West London press about him at the weekend. They were saying Fulham isn't really the ideal club for young players to develop at the moment, expectations are very high after a decade or so in the Premier League and the crowd are quickly on players' backs.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:19 - Jan 4 with 2608 viewshype313

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:16 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

It was February pre-transfer window. The real exception is for players who are out of contract in the Summer, so Danny Ward will move somewhere. That's how we got Sears in too isn't it?

The transfer window benefits only the richest clubs and Sky who can proclaim it's closure to countless breathless idiots taken in by the hyperbole.

So we won't see you waving behind Bryan Swanson anytime soon then Steve?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:20 - Jan 4 with 2589 viewsbluehook

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:15 - Jan 4 by PJH

So does Frank know?

Frank is the oracle!
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:21 - Jan 4 with 2576 viewsKieran_Knows

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:18 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Seems very likely. Was talking to some of the West London press about him at the weekend. They were saying Fulham isn't really the ideal club for young players to develop at the moment, expectations are very high after a decade or so in the Premier League and the crowd are quickly on players' backs.

Interesting. Any idea as to whether were trying to do a loan or permanent deal for him? Seems that way, think Jokanovic spent a fair bit last summer (obviously aided by the sale of McCormack), so it certainly looks like they're trying to buy there way out of the division, rather than develop academy players.

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:22 - Jan 4 with 2565 viewshector_clifford

The crowd are on players backs nowadays here as well.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:22 - Jan 4 with 2547 viewsSomethingBlue

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:10 - Jan 4 by bluehook

Read Phil's honest answer.

He still appears to know more than you — but who needs professionals or experts nowadays, eh?

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:23 - Jan 4 with 2538 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Hopefully Mick can get him on a permenant deal.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:23 - Jan 4 with 2539 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:21 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting. Any idea as to whether were trying to do a loan or permanent deal for him? Seems that way, think Jokanovic spent a fair bit last summer (obviously aided by the sale of McCormack), so it certainly looks like they're trying to buy there way out of the division, rather than develop academy players.

Everything suggests a loan. His name was put to Mick on Monday and he said something along the lines of, "Plays for Fulham, they want to send him out on loan" without confirming Town's interest.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 2484 viewsKieran_Knows

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:23 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Everything suggests a loan. His name was put to Mick on Monday and he said something along the lines of, "Plays for Fulham, they want to send him out on loan" without confirming Town's interest.

Fair enough, would be decent if it was a loan with a view to permanent deal. Again though, I suppose everything hinges on what happens with Chris Martin? Yer I did see Mick's comments, cards very close to chest, as ever.

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 2483 viewsSomethingBlue

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:23 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Unless it was with a permanent deal stitched in for the summer, that'd be a really disappointing move.

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:32 - Jan 4 with 2398 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:26 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Unless it was with a permanent deal stitched in for the summer, that'd be a really disappointing move.

You could see why the player and Fulham might want that sort of deal, though. If he scores a lot of goals between now and the end of the season they might revise their thinking about him or he might attract more interest and a bigger fee in the summer. He's contracted until 2018 with Fulham having an option for a further year.
Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:33 - Jan 4 with 2376 viewsKieranMcKenna1

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:26 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough, would be decent if it was a loan with a view to permanent deal. Again though, I suppose everything hinges on what happens with Chris Martin? Yer I did see Mick's comments, cards very close to chest, as ever.

I wonder if Mick said that hinting he wants him on a permenant deal instead. I could be reading to much into it though.

Poll: Are you Mick out or Mick in?

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:34 - Jan 4 with 2352 viewsKieran_Knows

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:33 - Jan 4 by KieranMcKenna1

I wonder if Mick said that hinting he wants him on a permenant deal instead. I could be reading to much into it though.

Could well be the case .... obviously the EADT were reporting that Town were hoping for a permanent deal, although not sure where they got that information from. Had a scout around on a couple of Fulham forums, they don't seem to fussed with the prospect of losing him.

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:37 - Jan 4 with 2321 viewsSomethingBlue

Phil- are we still close on a few targets? on 11:32 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

You could see why the player and Fulham might want that sort of deal, though. If he scores a lot of goals between now and the end of the season they might revise their thinking about him or he might attract more interest and a bigger fee in the summer. He's contracted until 2018 with Fulham having an option for a further year.

Yep — no good for us though and not a good sign if we end up going for it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024