Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1300 viewsBLUEBEAT

Okaaaaay....

Poll: W or W

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:36 - Jan 5 with 1284 viewsSwailsey

That was always going to be the case though wasn't it?

Goalkeepers in cup games are a bit of a rule of themselves.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:45 - Jan 5 with 1256 viewsBLUEBEAT

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:36 - Jan 5 by Swailsey

Sure

But not the strongest possible side, is it?

Poll: W or W

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:59 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsblueblood66

the smell of horse s##t is strong in the air in Ipswich today
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 1188 viewsfactual_blue

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:45 - Jan 5 by BLUEBEAT

Sure

As MM gets to determine what 'the strongest possible' means in this instance, then he can't be wrong.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 1141 viewsWickets

Proper Bloke starts then!
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:44 - Jan 5 with 1110 viewsDoobDude

And don't forget that various first teamers will pick up mysterious injuries that they will miraculously recover from 7 days later.

Why people believe anything the club still says baffles me.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:54 - Jan 5 with 1084 viewsKilburnBlue

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:36 - Jan 5 by Swailsey

Didn't Richard Wright get dropped for the FACup final even though he played every game up to the final.

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:58 - Jan 5 with 1071 viewsSwailsey

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 15:54 - Jan 5 by KilburnBlue

Didn't Richard Wright get dropped for the FACup final even though he played every game up to the final.

Yeah, when playing for Arse wasn't it?

I remember when Rangers got to the final of the Europeon whatever cup a few years ago they played a full strength team except for Alexander in goal.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 16:22 - Jan 5 with 1038 viewsKeno

Bart sold before Saturday?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 886 viewsmarchy

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 16:22 - Jan 5 by Keno

Bart sold before Saturday?

Not sure if trolling...

...But I'm scared about that, from the "first-team goalkeeper" comment.

I know he tends to talk Gerken up a lot, but it's just...

No. No. It's fine.

Please be fine.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 17:54]
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 799 viewseireblue

Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 14:45 - Jan 5 by BLUEBEAT

Sure

Well, that depends on your definition of "strongest possible".

In the context of trying to not let in a goal against Lincoln.

You can argue that Petr Cech maybe slightly better or worse in certain games against premiership opposition compared to say David De Gea.

But against Lincoln you would expect both to perform to a standard that would be sufficient for the purpose of stopping Lincoln scoring. Therefore there isn't really a strongest side, they will both provide enough capability.

Same is true of Bart Or Gerks.

`Its a bit like darts. If both players need a 80 finish, you don't get anything extra for popping in an extra dart to get to 100.

You basically have two people that can do exactly the same job, based on the opposition.
Hence it is the strongest side. There maybe other permutations of equally strong sides, but Mike has picked this one.
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 732 viewsimsureazzure

MM speaks with forked tongue.
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 680 viewsjas0999

To this day I still think MM believes he was right to pick Gerken ahead of Bart.
Mick says he'll field strongest possible side then says Gerken will be in goal on 19:58 - Jan 5 with 624 viewsmutters

Strongest doesn't include Gerken.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2017 20:00]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024