Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 more points... 08:34 - Jan 15 with 528 viewsKeaneish

For me, the target for the rest of this season is to pick up enough points to remain safe in this division. Anything else is a bonus. Any hopes of the play-offs are a pipe dream so this season needs to now be treated as a rebuilding one.

Looking at yesterday's line-up, i was genuinely excited for the first time in a long time and on the back of the performance at Loftus Road, i was actually optimistic. If you look at all the criticisms that have been levelled at MM, he's finally begun to address them, belatedly, but never the less, they're being addressed: football on the deck; blooding youngsters; playing players in their natural positions; changing up the system and the approach to substitutions. For all his belligerence, there's a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. If he can maintain this and get the backing from ME we badly need in this window, then what more can we ask?

The next two-weeks dealings in the transfer market are pivotal. MM needs the cash to rebuild for next season. Get the 52 points and then look to experiment and blood more youth. No doubt Lawrence will leave a chasm in that side when he leaves but with only one loan player in the squad, its not a disaster. Lets just hope we have a better plan in place than we did when Murphy left.

Sign a right back / wing back (if we're going to adopt this system), a creative link between the midfield and attack, a new striker and offer Chambers a new contract. Achieve all this in the next two-weeks and there's genuine cause for optimism next season, at last...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024