Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. 06:20 - Jan 17 with 3025 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

.. I'm liking Moore already.

I've never heard someone so genuinely chuffed to have been given an opportunity to play for us.

His hunger to get going and do well just from what he has said already makes me like him.

I'd love him to really do well and well done mick for giving him a shot.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:17 - Jan 17 with 1008 viewsRyorry

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:17 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

For sure. But we have had a lot of players in our academy who haven't gone on to anything.

This is all a redundant point until he's played though, surely?

The chances are, he probably won't be the next Mings, or even Bru (to a lesser extent), but he might be.

Or Cresswell. You never know!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:28 - Jan 17 with 981 viewsSmellyCat

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:00 - Jan 17 by taximan

apart from the fact that is conveniently overlooked that mings was considered good enough to be in arguably the best academy in the country and was only released because he was not considered to be big enough
i'm also fairly sure mings was a bit younger than this moore chap

but other than that...............

Conveniently overlooked? What are you banging on about? The OP is praising the attitude of a new signing and all you want to do is whine. Shall we start booing him now?
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:32 - Jan 17 with 976 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 11:51 - Jan 17 by Superfrans

He could be the new Shefki? Gangly, awkward, but a battering ram of a striker. I hope.

You never know, he could turn out to be mingsworthy... we live in hope
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:33 - Jan 17 with 970 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:08 - Jan 17 by taximan

exactly

that is my point

if academy players, who are considered to be the best of their age group, don't progress into first team squad players, it doesn't give those that were not good enough for an academy much of a chance does it ??

But, he has played in the championship before, 10 times for Yeovil, scoring a goal.

Regardless of the stats, his talent and whether he then subsequently dropped down the leagues, he did progress into a first team squad player, seemingly without an academy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 14:13 - Jan 17 with 908 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:17 - Jan 17 by Ryorry

Or Cresswell. You never know!

cresswell came through the tranmere youth set up, at that time they were a league club
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 14:15 - Jan 17 with 898 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:33 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

But, he has played in the championship before, 10 times for Yeovil, scoring a goal.

Regardless of the stats, his talent and whether he then subsequently dropped down the leagues, he did progress into a first team squad player, seemingly without an academy.

and subsequently proved he wasn't good enough to have a career at this level
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:16 - Jan 17 with 866 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 14:15 - Jan 17 by taximan

and subsequently proved he wasn't good enough to have a career at this level

Like Walters, Drury (for a while) and Vardy then?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:40 - Jan 17 with 851 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 12:28 - Jan 17 by SmellyCat

Conveniently overlooked? What are you banging on about? The OP is praising the attitude of a new signing and all you want to do is whine. Shall we start booing him now?

Exactly

The OP was simply that I'm liking his attitude and hoping he can do well

And then for some reason benters and taxi took offence to that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:55 - Jan 17 with 838 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:40 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly

Offence ? What are you going on about ? You don't take well to being questioned
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 837 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:55 - Jan 17 by taximan

Offence ? What are you going on about ? You don't take well to being questioned

Anyway, back on track. What about Walters and Vardy?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 832 viewsBenters

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:40 - Jan 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly

I dont do offence .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:12 - Jan 17 with 825 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 15:56 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

Anyway, back on track. What about Walters and Vardy?

walters came through an academy at blackburn

vardy is very much an exception to the rule
he was prolific at every level he played at
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:18 - Jan 17 with 816 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:12 - Jan 17 by taximan

walters came through an academy at blackburn

vardy is very much an exception to the rule
he was prolific at every level he played at

Walters came through an academy, played limited football at this level, dropped into non-league and was signed by us.

Moore had no academy (is this 100% verified actually?!), played limited football at this level, dropped into non-league and was signed by us.

The only difference there is the acadmy part, which hasn't held up any other parts of the chain. I'm not saying he's going to be another Walters (time will tell), but you can't discount him on the basis that he never went to an academy.

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:20 - Jan 17 with 806 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:18 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

Walters came through an academy, played limited football at this level, dropped into non-league and was signed by us.

Moore had no academy (is this 100% verified actually?!), played limited football at this level, dropped into non-league and was signed by us.

The only difference there is the acadmy part, which hasn't held up any other parts of the chain. I'm not saying he's going to be another Walters (time will tell), but you can't discount him on the basis that he never went to an academy.

thats a little bit selective imo

how about dismissing him on his subsequent failures at yeovil, forest green and somewhere abroad ?

for every vardy, there are tens of thousands of failures
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:25 - Jan 17 with 800 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:20 - Jan 17 by taximan

thats a little bit selective imo

how about dismissing him on his subsequent failures at yeovil, forest green and somewhere abroad ?

for every vardy, there are tens of thousands of failures

Yeah that's true. I'm not looking to be pedantic, just interested in the weight of having an academy background, it isn't something I had thought about too much.

Are there many players who have made it in the game who didn't attend one?

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:26 - Jan 17 with 797 viewspablosturn

The new balint bajner
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:33 - Jan 17 with 781 viewstaximan

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:25 - Jan 17 by Swailsey

Yeah that's true. I'm not looking to be pedantic, just interested in the weight of having an academy background, it isn't something I had thought about too much.

Are there many players who have made it in the game who didn't attend one?

i'm guessing ian wright and kevin phillips

academies also have satellite training schools in surrounding areas

these days if a kid can kick a ball, an academy somewhere will have had a look
I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:41 - Jan 17 with 766 viewsSwailsey

I know we haven't seen him play yet BUT.. on 16:33 - Jan 17 by taximan

i'm guessing ian wright and kevin phillips

academies also have satellite training schools in surrounding areas

these days if a kid can kick a ball, an academy somewhere will have had a look

It does seem strange he wasn't picked up before, but Yeovil saw enough to sign him (much like we did with BB, who arguably had a better background).

We shall see I suppose, but 24 is an odd age to sign someone if they aren't ready to go straight in.

Vardy took a year or two to get settled so we'll see, but it does seem a low-risk punt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024