Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM 22:18 - Jan 17 with 5315 viewsCharlieITFC

1. We can't play that system without Webster. Berra and Digby panic too much
2. Leon Best should never play for us again. He was off the pace, uninterested, and thought he was too good to be there. The amount of times he just tried to turn Lincoln players and lost it was ridiculous
3. Knudsen has to be 2nd choice to Kenlock. I've given him the benefit of the doubt before, but he offers nothing going forward and his positioning means he offers very little defensively
4. Grand Ward is not a centre midfielder
5. Douglas shouldn't be the scapegoat. He didn't do anything particularly well, but offered more than most

Mick said he would mick and strong team, and I think he did. That team should have had enough to win that game. Those players have played championship games this season, and frankly let themselves down.

Jenas said we had no plan, but I think we did. I think mick wanted us to play possession based and make Lincoln work. The players were incapable of that. They just aimlessly punted it upfield and it came back.

I still believe Mick will turn it around, and would be exactly the type of manager who relishes these scenarios. Bring in a few players, establish emmanuel, kenlock and dozzell, and we'll have something to work with.

That being said. Tonight was still embarrassing, and I hope the team know that they let us all down

Blog: An Optimistic Approach (For Real This Time)

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:56 - Jan 17 with 1106 viewsCharlieITFC

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:52 - Jan 17 by Dolly2.0

Shut up you cretin. How is it NOT Mick's fault?! Who picks the team, his mum?!

Is mick responsible for berra launching it into the stand every time he got it? No.
Is mick responsible for knudsen wondering around lost on the left had side? No.
Is mick responsible for best not able to hold the ball up or pass to a teammate? No.
Is mick responsible for Lawrence being isolated on his own up the pitch? No.

Everything that went wrong tonight was as a result of player performance levels. Once they step onto the pitch, thats down to them.

Blog: An Optimistic Approach (For Real This Time)

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:57 - Jan 17 with 1092 viewsE18Blue

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:49 - Jan 17 by TheSelkirk

Absolutely right BUT in accepting that, we should still be able to turn the likes of Lincoln over. Preparation and organisation appeared to be zero and that does not cost anything.

Spot on. Squad is bang average at best but Mick is consistently getting only absolute dross out of them, he has no plan, players are lost and show no passion.

Agree it's a big rebuilding job. The only possible first step of which is tell Mick to do one.

Am I holding my breath? Not a chance.

Sad times.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:58 - Jan 17 with 1090 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:49 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

Not at all! I'm not making excuses either. I'm simply trying to offer balance to everyone wearing sh!t covered glasses.
It amazes me how we can play well against Blackburn, win, and everyone be quiet and then the uproar that happens when we lose. Fans are literally waiting for opportunities to moan. Thats almost as embarrassing as tonight's results.

I'd rather offer positivity to a situation than moan about it in the knowledge it won't change.

Sounds to me and everyone else you're making excuses!
What the f@k is their to be positive about pray tell?
The only positive to come out of this is McCarthy going sooner rather than later.

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 1084 viewsstantheman

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:49 - Jan 17 by TheSelkirk

Absolutely right BUT in accepting that, we should still be able to turn the likes of Lincoln over. Preparation and organisation appeared to be zero and that does not cost anything.

Not if your manager or players do not see another game in FA cup a priority. Currently the FA cup is an irrelevance in our current situation. Disappointed to lose on TV with that performance but at end of day not the end of the world.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 23:14 - Jan 17 with 1031 viewsCaptMickMills

Can't play that system with Skuse and Douglas in midfield - more of an issue than Webster. Defence had nobody to pass to.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 23:21 - Jan 17 with 998 viewsSonOfSpock

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:53 - Jan 17 by MJallday

given the result i wouldnt actually rule that out.

She was fuming that Holby was ditched. Revenge.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:05 - Jan 18 with 947 viewsSarge

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:56 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

Is mick responsible for berra launching it into the stand every time he got it? No.
Is mick responsible for best not able to hold the ball up or pass to a teammate? No.

Everything that went wrong tonight was as a result of player performance levels. Once they step onto the pitch, thats down to them.

Those are things that happen week in week out in every single game. It has to be coached. How else could a pacy winger like Grant Ward be ruined and turned into a CDM which is where he spent most of tonight's game along with about 6 other players.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 0:07]
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:09 - Jan 18 with 940 viewsitfc_nik

How is it not the managers fault, when the players have no idea what they're doing. They are clearly not responding to him anymore.
Login to get fewer ads

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:12 - Jan 18 with 935 viewsitfc_nik

I think a lot of the blame has to lie with Marcus Evans. What does he want out of this team, because he is not displaying much in the way of progression. We are getting left behind in this ever changing, demanding league, and in serious threat of the likes of Burton overtaking us in terms of player ambition. There needs to be more ambition from the owners, how is MM supposed to build anything, when he isn't being backed, and forced to rely on 16/17 yr old prospects.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:12 - Jan 18 with 932 viewsDolly2.0

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:53 - Jan 17 by MJallday

given the result i wouldnt actually rule that out.

His mum is probably more mobile than Douglas.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:15 - Jan 18 with 917 viewsipswichone

mick has no passion,and it is manager who shows people how to play,he had no game plan,do i need to say more
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:26 - Jan 18 with 887 viewsDolly2.0

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:56 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

I like how you answer your own questions. The actual question is who picked Berra, Knudsen, Best and the players that didn't find Lawrence?

BTW, hello Mick's mum

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 00:28 - Jan 18 with 872 viewsZacak

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:34 - Jan 17 by stantheman

He has no say other than picking players up for 50p. How can you blame him whilst he has a budget of feck all. He signs players inside very limited budget and a limited squad who basically are not very good. It will take about £15 mill and some very good academy players to put this right. Plus it will take another 5 years and a new owner to do that. End of.

Yes Lincoln's superior budget was in evidence tonight
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024