Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My review 09:53 - Jan 18 with 324 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Having not been much this season I though I would make the trip to see if we really have been that bad and whether the atmosphere is as bad as has been reported.. hopefully providing an unbiased rating..

Gerken - 6 | Other than his kicking, didn't do much wrong. Got dog's abuse from some fans, which is unacceptable
Emmanuel - 5 | Started ok, atleast wanted the ball, but look shot of any confidence or ideas when he got it
Chambers - 4 | Another who got abuse from fans, but never looked comfortable & took too many easy options of row z or down the channel
Berra - 3 | Harsh score perhaps, but possibly the worst performance I've seen of him or any CB for number of years, was completely bullied by their fat lump and looked like bambi on ice when in possession, the least 'technical' player we have.
Digby - 4 | Started ok, looked like he wanted to pass it out rather than hoof, but without many options got progressively worse as the game went on
Knudsen - 4 | Willing runner, just not got enough quality and looked completely short of confidence or belief when in possession.
Skuse - 3 | Might as well not have been on the pitch, game passed him by completely
Douglas - 4 | Willing runner, but never able to put a glove on their midfield and again, the game passed him by (although there were 2 occasions when he was the only player running beyond the striker, although at far too slow a pace)
Ward - 5 | Same as JE, started ok but looked so short of confidence & belief, probably should have stayed on longer
Lawrence - 5 | Looked ok 1st half, but Not sure he had more than 5 touches in 2nd half.
Best - 3 | May as well have left his pyjamas on as he looked like he'd just rolled out of bed, barring 2 or 3 decent touches he was so slow to react & offered practically nothing

Subs - 4 | Not sure they had many touches

There were plenty of things to be embarrassed about, the overall performance as well as a couple of things that stuck out: Skuse (unchallenged) lazily trying to lob the ball down the line but it coming off his two and going square into the crowd as well as Skuse laying a simple pass behind Knudsen who instantly swiveled and kicked into touch under no pressure. The match probably summed up with Digby throwing the ball straight to their unmarked player then going over and fouling him. No tempo, no desire and players desperately trying to hide.

But the most embarrassing (I thought anyway) was the abuse aimed at Gerken and Chambo in the 2nd half. I was frustrated, annoyed, embarrassed etc. etc. but other than calling for Mick "sort it out" I can't understand the need for such vitriol toward our own players. There has only been one player who deserves that and that was Chopra. There are far more things in life that infuriate me than Gerken kicking the ball out from a goal kick & the abuse he got for it was ridiculous
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024