Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ 20:53 - Jan 18 with 5261 viewskizaitfc

Because I honestly dont, it seems to have very similar feelings.

Poor players continually being picked
Lack of quality coming in, in transfer window
Risk of losing anything good we currently have
Dwindling crowds
Going into every game including games against non league expecting to lose
Failure to string 5 passes together
An owner still too afraid to show his face and take responsibility
An arrogant manager who thinks he knows best and to hell with what fans think

Anyone else want to add to this?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 11:02 - Jan 19 with 632 viewsLankHenners

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:44 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'd also add that the team that played at Lincoln on Tuesday wouldn't create three of four clear cut chances against Arsenal, let alone convert one.

The quality of player has definitely gone backwards and if we stick to our current recruitment policy then I fear we will drop out of the league within the next two to three years.

We are turning into Coventry.

I don't think our recruitment policy is that bad - buying young players with potential and coaching them into good Championship players whilst making the most of our youth players is no bad thing.

Problem is our once reliable spine is now getting older and frankly slightly worse than it was 2-3 years ago (plus we sold the most integral part of our team with no replacement) and we need to push the boat out a bit further to bring in experienced Championship players at a decent age who we can reliably build a team around.

That we have a few £1 million+ bids in suggests Evans might have realised this, but the excuse of players being harder to bring in in January is unfortunately a very valid one. Hopefully we can see some good business done in the summer with or without Mick, although I do feel he's come to the end of his shelf life here and a mutual split at the end of the season would be best for both parties.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 11:17 - Jan 19 with 604 viewsSuperfrans

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:29 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

The diference between this team and the Roy Keane team is that we now have decent players?

I'd have Fulop (R.I.P.) ahead of Bart
Delaney ahead of Chambers
McAuley ahead of Bera
Leadbetter ahead of Douglas
Norris ahead of Skuse
Edwards ahead of Ward
Wickham ahead of McGoldrick
Scotland ahead of Sears
Priskin ahead of Best

In fact it's a testament to Mick that he is getting better results than Keane with a far more inferior team.

I'd have Fulop (R.I.P.) ahead of Bart - I WOULDN'T. BART WILL BE PREM IN A YEAR OR TWO. WAY BETTER THAN WE DESERVE.
Delaney ahead of Chambers - TIGHT. DELANEY BETTER AT CB, CHAMBERS MUCH BETTER FB. CHAMBERS IS MUCH THE BETTER LEADER.
McAuley ahead of Bera - YES, ON CURRENT FORM I'D AGREE.
Leadbetter ahead of Douglas - OF COURSE.
Norris ahead of Skuse - WOULDN'T AGREE ON THAT.
Edwards ahead of Ward - THATS A CHOICE BETWEEN AGE AND YOUTH. EDWARDS WAS OLDER AND TECHNICALLY BRILLIANT, BUT NOT A FULL BACK. WARD IS YOUNGER AND POTENTIALLY AS TALENTED, BUT BEING POORLY MANAGED IMHO.
Wickham ahead of McGoldrick - NOPE. NOT A CHANCE. MCG'S ONE OF THE TRULY NATURALLY TALENTED PLAYERS WE'VE HAD AT THE CLUB OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS.
Scotland ahead of Sears - NOPE. SCOTLAND SCORED MORE, BUT WAS DEPLOYED CENTRALLY. SEARS PROVIDES MORE AROUND THE TEAM, WIDE, CENTRAL, DEEP.
Priskin ahead of Best - NOPE. BOTH INEFFECTUAL IMHO.

We also have more youngsters who are being given a chance now.

Edit: btw, I just looked back at my post. I didn't say we now have better players than under Keane, but that we still do have decent players, as we did then.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 11:25]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 11:23 - Jan 19 with 591 viewsSuperfrans

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 11:02 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

I don't think our recruitment policy is that bad - buying young players with potential and coaching them into good Championship players whilst making the most of our youth players is no bad thing.

Problem is our once reliable spine is now getting older and frankly slightly worse than it was 2-3 years ago (plus we sold the most integral part of our team with no replacement) and we need to push the boat out a bit further to bring in experienced Championship players at a decent age who we can reliably build a team around.

That we have a few £1 million+ bids in suggests Evans might have realised this, but the excuse of players being harder to bring in in January is unfortunately a very valid one. Hopefully we can see some good business done in the summer with or without Mick, although I do feel he's come to the end of his shelf life here and a mutual split at the end of the season would be best for both parties.

Our strikerate is worse now.

But that's to be expected given the strategy - to sign players cheap and hope to buff them up into jewels. Inevitably, that involves signing more players, albeit on low salaries, so the risk is reduced.

Essentially, if you sign players for £2m, £3m, £4m, on £15k/£20k a week they have to work out.

If you sign 4 players on £10k fees, on £1k a week, you're looking for 1, maybe 2 to work out. If 1 of them works out and becomes a potential Prem player (like Mings, Cresswell, Webster) that's great - if all of them do, you're god.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 11:33 - Jan 19 with 571 viewsSuperfrans

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 by chripswich

I think its much worse than then..

MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division.

Now? well unless someone else can come in and restore some pride and most importantly confidence we're f****d..MM's tactics have knocked every ounce of flare out of this team. Not that they have much anyway..

Your memory is failing you. It's simply not true that the team now and our situation is worse than it was under Jewell.

In some ways it feels worse (and I'm sure this is causing Evans most heartache) because we/he felt that Mick was the right man for so long. Even a year ago we were in and around the play-off positions and looking in with a chance of competing there again.

At that point we had progressed over when he joined, moulded together a team which gave everything, battled for the shirt, all on the tight budgets he was having to work within. Things have just gone backwards over the past 12 months - culminating in Tuesday's evening's debacle.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024