Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! 10:51 - Jan 29 with 623 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/28/nhs-drug-firms-cancer-patients-a

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 586 viewsWD19

I find this a bit odd. Why do the government not set up a central lab making out of patent drugs for the NHS?
Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 572 viewsbluelagos

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 11:01 - Jan 29 by WD19

I find this a bit odd. Why do the government not set up a central lab making out of patent drugs for the NHS?

Sensible call. Would save a fortune by the sounds of it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 12:13 - Jan 29 with 540 viewsBlueBadger

You're assuming that A) the government give a sh1t about sick people who can't afford drugs and B) they're at all interested in doing anything good for the NHS.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 12:38 - Jan 29 with 492 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Probably for ideological reasons......interfering with free market Capitalism perhaps ! (perish the thought)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 487 viewsconnorscontract

Capitalism...a wonderful thing ! on 11:05 - Jan 29 by bluelagos

Sensible call. Would save a fortune by the sounds of it.

And then export them to Developing World countries as part of our overseas aid budget? And to intermediate countries at a sensible profit with the profits re-invested in the NHS?

The answer is because, in spite of the crash of 2008, this Government is still completely beholden to the idea that the Free Market is best.

Even when it plainly, demonstrably, as in this case, is prone to hideous distortions because no real world conditions can ever match the criteria of perfect information and perfect rational behaviour which Adam Smith set out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024