Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So spending money on top players 22:52 - Jan 31 with 3669 viewsBenters

Like Ince and Bent can help?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So spending money on top players on 22:53 - Jan 31 with 2485 viewstaximan

not according to many on here
So spending money on top players on 22:56 - Jan 31 with 2468 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 22:53 - Jan 31 by taximan

not according to many on here

Blimey just watching the last of the Deadline day Sheff Wed SIGN Jordan Rhodes for £10m ?

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 22:57 - Jan 31 with 2447 viewstaximan

So spending money on top players on 22:56 - Jan 31 by Benters

Blimey just watching the last of the Deadline day Sheff Wed SIGN Jordan Rhodes for £10m ?

has this been confirmed ?
So spending money on top players on 22:58 - Jan 31 with 2441 viewsstrikalite

We're just a pathetic little Club now..
So spending money on top players on 23:00 - Jan 31 with 2416 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 22:58 - Jan 31 by strikalite

We're just a pathetic little Club now..

Man up get behind the club etc.

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 23:12 - Jan 31 with 2368 viewsRaedwald_625

So spending money on top players on 23:00 - Jan 31 by Benters

Man up get behind the club etc.

Derby - spend millions and look at them today.

In Mick we trust.
So spending money on top players on 23:25 - Jan 31 with 2310 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 23:12 - Jan 31 by Raedwald_625

Derby - spend millions and look at them today.

In Mick we trust.

yeah sneaking into 6th whilst town fall to Lower Lower Mid Table..

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 2282 viewsRaedwald_625

So spending money on top players on 23:25 - Jan 31 by Benters

yeah sneaking into 6th whilst town fall to Lower Lower Mid Table..

but I thought the objective was to pay peanuts for monkeys?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 23:32]
Login to get fewer ads

So spending money on top players on 23:32 - Jan 31 with 2277 viewsSmellyCat

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/chelsea/english-football-teams/chelsea-transfers Chelsea have spent even more. What's your point? Do you live on credit yourself then?
So spending money on top players on 23:34 - Jan 31 with 2245 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 23:31 - Jan 31 by Raedwald_625

but I thought the objective was to pay peanuts for monkeys?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2017 23:32]

Ha

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 23:53 - Jan 31 with 2192 viewsstantheman

So spending money on top players on 22:56 - Jan 31 by Benters

Yeah, and I hope they fail miserably on the gamble, because thats what it is. Do they get automatic promotion if they spend that much. NO. I hope they go bust because they cannot sell on an overated player.
So spending money on top players on 04:28 - Feb 1 with 2089 viewsCat_ITFC

Wasn't Bent unattached when he signed for Derby? Making him a free transfer?
So spending money on top players on 04:33 - Feb 1 with 2083 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 23:53 - Jan 31 by stantheman

Yeah, and I hope they fail miserably on the gamble, because thats what it is. Do they get automatic promotion if they spend that much. NO. I hope they go bust because they cannot sell on an overated player.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

I say good luck to them both.

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 05:07 - Feb 1 with 2061 viewsWednesdayJon

It's an ITFC fans board, and you have every right to express your opinion.

BUT:

When your club were spunking money hand over fist on expensive loanees and has-beens (during the Keane & Jewell eras in particular), and we were falling through the trap door to League 1, clawing our way back up only to fall down AGAIN before clawing our way back up once more, and all without a pot to p*ss in, spending next to nothing in nigh on 10 years, I never once wished that YOUR club would go bust, (like it had almost done in 2001ish wasn't it?). Or any other club for that matter.

Marcus Evans had HIS gamble with ITFC, and appears to have failed spectacularly in almost every single area of the football club's operation. You will know much better than I do what his plan is likely to be now, and how likely any plan of his (which doesn't entail putting yet MORE money in) is to succeed in modern football.

I really feel for fans of ITFC at present. But yes, of course, our owner may fail also. We have a hell of a lot of catching up to do after years and years of cost cutting and zero investment in players or infrastructure. But he is putting his money where his mouth is. His total spend over the last two years is still only a tiny fraction of what all the clubs who still have parachute money have spent/can spend, but he is going for it to the best of his ability.

ME could have done, maybe still could do, the same.

If clubs go bust, long suffering fans suffer. Owners generally just move on to their next 'project'.

I for one don't want to see any club 'go bust', for just that reason: the fans.

(Oh, and as of now, we still don't appear to have actually signed Rhodes! )
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 5:09]
(No subject) (n/t) on 05:12 - Feb 1 with 2045 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 05:07 - Feb 1 by WednesdayJon

It's an ITFC fans board, and you have every right to express your opinion.

BUT:

When your club were spunking money hand over fist on expensive loanees and has-beens (during the Keane & Jewell eras in particular), and we were falling through the trap door to League 1, clawing our way back up only to fall down AGAIN before clawing our way back up once more, and all without a pot to p*ss in, spending next to nothing in nigh on 10 years, I never once wished that YOUR club would go bust, (like it had almost done in 2001ish wasn't it?). Or any other club for that matter.

Marcus Evans had HIS gamble with ITFC, and appears to have failed spectacularly in almost every single area of the football club's operation. You will know much better than I do what his plan is likely to be now, and how likely any plan of his (which doesn't entail putting yet MORE money in) is to succeed in modern football.

I really feel for fans of ITFC at present. But yes, of course, our owner may fail also. We have a hell of a lot of catching up to do after years and years of cost cutting and zero investment in players or infrastructure. But he is putting his money where his mouth is. His total spend over the last two years is still only a tiny fraction of what all the clubs who still have parachute money have spent/can spend, but he is going for it to the best of his ability.

ME could have done, maybe still could do, the same.

If clubs go bust, long suffering fans suffer. Owners generally just move on to their next 'project'.

I for one don't want to see any club 'go bust', for just that reason: the fans.

(Oh, and as of now, we still don't appear to have actually signed Rhodes! )
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 5:09]

Good luck to you and your club.

Sky Sports just said you signed Jordan Rhodes.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 5:16]

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 06:06 - Feb 1 with 1991 viewsbrogansnose

Sorry, but your comments come accross as those of a sanctimonious loser whose club is facing relegation, if not this season, then the next. Wednesday, on the other hand, with their steady investment look more like eventual promotion candidates. Them buying a proven goalscorer at this level is just the sort of investment that Evans should have made when we were in the playoffs. Do you not see that we have been left behind under Evans austerity to even be mid table mediocre fodder ?

Good luck to Wednesday, good club and proper fans.
So spending money on top players on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 1849 viewsstantheman

So spending money on top players on 06:06 - Feb 1 by brogansnose

Sorry, but your comments come accross as those of a sanctimonious loser whose club is facing relegation, if not this season, then the next. Wednesday, on the other hand, with their steady investment look more like eventual promotion candidates. Them buying a proven goalscorer at this level is just the sort of investment that Evans should have made when we were in the playoffs. Do you not see that we have been left behind under Evans austerity to even be mid table mediocre fodder ?

I am betting they wont get promoted and that Rhodes will make little difference. £10 million is one hell of a gamble, you must admit. Tbh my initial post was more aimed at an even more sanctimonious Benters who worships every team who spunk their money and constantly knocks everything to do with the club who I have supported for over 50 years. I know its a bloody mess at present but to toss off about every other team's spending is completely boring tosh.
So spending money on top players on 05:23 - Feb 2 with 1780 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 22:59 - Feb 1 by stantheman

I am betting they wont get promoted and that Rhodes will make little difference. £10 million is one hell of a gamble, you must admit. Tbh my initial post was more aimed at an even more sanctimonious Benters who worships every team who spunk their money and constantly knocks everything to do with the club who I have supported for over 50 years. I know its a bloody mess at present but to toss off about every other team's spending is completely boring tosh.

Nice work.

I find it funny to be honest that you and the Cool Kids just are willing to accept anything that the club throw at you as it makes you look a Superfan.

How many links in the transfer window did we have in the end bloody loads..

We had since what was it August/September when Murphy left to find a suitable replacement?

The troubleis with some of you is you see the town bidding on a player worth £3m -£4m and offering £1m-£2m for him and you think we are trying!

I just find it odd that loads of other Championship clubs have strengthened in this window and we get fed spin and bullsh1t yet again.We sit back and watch them go for it.

Sadly towns big chance was January 2015 and do you know what thanks to dear old Marcus we blew it.

Enjoy your day.

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 05:26 - Feb 2 with 1775 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 06:06 - Feb 1 by brogansnose

Smashing stuff Brogs.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 5:27]

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 05:54 - Feb 2 with 1758 viewsbrogansnose

So spending money on top players on 22:59 - Feb 1 by stantheman

Its about steady incremental improvements and upgrades to playing positions, in other words investment which down the line will pay off in promotion or zt the very least in something worth watching and getting excited about. Look where Evans policy has got us , back looking over our shoulder at relegation rather than even mid table.

I don't like the sums bandied around and the virtual arms race in getting in , to my mind, average players on ridiculous wages but thats the game unfortunately. We either play it or drop to a level where we can. Evans has had the money from sales to make improvements but he hasn't , although some managers are not without blame, and now the years of neglect are coming home. Its not all his fault but Evans came into football without a clue and allowed himself to be poorly advised, repeatedly so, and I haven't got a great deal of sympathy for him. To stop losing £6-8 million a year he needs to either sell up or spend up because if we get relegated in the next couple of seasons, along with the loss of revenue from attendances, then he's going to lose a damn site more money.
So spending money on top players on 05:59 - Feb 2 with 1754 viewstaximan

So spending money on top players on 05:54 - Feb 2 by brogansnose

Its about steady incremental improvements and upgrades to playing positions, in other words investment which down the line will pay off in promotion or zt the very least in something worth watching and getting excited about. Look where Evans policy has got us , back looking over our shoulder at relegation rather than even mid table.

I don't like the sums bandied around and the virtual arms race in getting in , to my mind, average players on ridiculous wages but thats the game unfortunately. We either play it or drop to a level where we can. Evans has had the money from sales to make improvements but he hasn't , although some managers are not without blame, and now the years of neglect are coming home. Its not all his fault but Evans came into football without a clue and allowed himself to be poorly advised, repeatedly so, and I haven't got a great deal of sympathy for him. To stop losing £6-8 million a year he needs to either sell up or spend up because if we get relegated in the next couple of seasons, along with the loss of revenue from attendances, then he's going to lose a damn site more money.

nice one
So spending money on top players on 07:14 - Feb 2 with 1713 viewsReuser_is_God

Ince has an attitude problem & isn't a team player.

He only made about 4 tackles by his own corner flag on Tuesday the lazy so & so.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So spending money on top players on 07:21 - Feb 2 with 1700 viewsBenters

So spending money on top players on 07:14 - Feb 2 by Reuser_is_God

Ince has an attitude problem & isn't a team player.

He only made about 4 tackles by his own corner flag on Tuesday the lazy so & so.

id have him like a shot at town!

i had more offers of free season tickets this morn!

Gentlybentley

So spending money on top players on 07:34 - Feb 2 with 1680 viewsartsbossbeard

So spending money on top players on 05:23 - Feb 2 by Benters

Nice work.

I find it funny to be honest that you and the Cool Kids just are willing to accept anything that the club throw at you as it makes you look a Superfan.

How many links in the transfer window did we have in the end bloody loads..

We had since what was it August/September when Murphy left to find a suitable replacement?

The troubleis with some of you is you see the town bidding on a player worth £3m -£4m and offering £1m-£2m for him and you think we are trying!

I just find it odd that loads of other Championship clubs have strengthened in this window and we get fed spin and bullsh1t yet again.We sit back and watch them go for it.

Sadly towns big chance was January 2015 and do you know what thanks to dear old Marcus we blew it.

Enjoy your day.

It's just being a town fan. A lot like me aren't happy about the current situation but still wish to go to games. Don't see the issue that the new version of SuperFANs have with this, to be honest.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So spending money on top players on 07:57 - Feb 2 with 1635 viewsBluebell

They may have spent a fortune on players but it still doesn't guarantee a way to the Premier league.

Don't forget Nigel Pearson didn't rate Bent and left him on the bench for most of the games. So a lot is down to Steve McClaren getting the best out of players.

The whole team were working together the other night and that certainly makes a difference.

It looks like Newcastle and Brighton will get automatic places so that leaves 4 teams fighting for the 3rd place. It will be an interesting final few weeks for the ones at the top.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2017 8:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024