Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective 21:41 - Feb 18 with 1702 viewsOlivier

So, I'm the Dutch person who visited Ipswich-Leeds today with my father (thanks again SitfcB for helping me with the tickets!).

Certainly enjoyed the game. Ipswich was better, sadly they didn't finish the game in the second half. It wasn't a bad performance at all against the number 5 of the table. McGoldrick caught my attention in the first half, great player. His style is a bit like Tonny Trindade de Vilhena from Feyenoord.

Ironically, the same day we came to Ipswich Town was the day that former Dutch Ipswich stars Muhren and Thijssen returned to Ipswich for the book. I already bought the Dutch version of Game Changers about six months ago; it's an interesting book.

After the game, me and my dad visited the Black Horse. Very authentic English pub. We enjoyed the whole experiene today, I'm certainly going to return to Ipswich for another game (hopefully in the Premier League -or even better- against Feyenoord in the Europa League!).
Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 21:43 - Feb 18 with 1623 viewsSteve_M

Glad you enjoyed the game. Do stick around on the message board, all welcome.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 21:46 - Feb 18 with 1589 viewsBlueBadger

What's your favourite cheese and how do you feel about popular beat combo The Killers?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 22:13 - Feb 18 with 1467 viewsOlivier

Certainly I'm going to stick around. However, I'm a very active member on a Feyenoord message board, so they have my priority ;). It's way easier for me to write in Dutch, lol (pretty strange. My reading is fluent, my listening and speaking are almost fluent, but writing English is so hard).

I have no idea btw. Rotterdam is not a cheese-city actually. AZ Alkmaar is more the 'cheese-club' from the Netherlands, however, Ipswich is quite familair with AZ I think ;).
Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 22:14 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 22:13 - Feb 18 by Olivier

Certainly I'm going to stick around. However, I'm a very active member on a Feyenoord message board, so they have my priority ;). It's way easier for me to write in Dutch, lol (pretty strange. My reading is fluent, my listening and speaking are almost fluent, but writing English is so hard).

I have no idea btw. Rotterdam is not a cheese-city actually. AZ Alkmaar is more the 'cheese-club' from the Netherlands, however, Ipswich is quite familair with AZ I think ;).

I can assure you that your English is considerably better than a fair few on here who consider themselves to be true patriots of Saint George...
[Post edited 18 Feb 2017 22:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 22:34 - Feb 18 with 1318 viewsHogger

Goed werk jongen!
Ipswich-Leeds from a Dutch perspective on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 1287 viewsmos

I'm glad Ipswich played a good game for you and didn't play boring, defensive and lifeless football. Anyways, we are starting to look much better recently, best we've ever played under Mick, so there.

Fortunately you came now, and not 2 months ago.

Glad you enjoyed the trip!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024