Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back 12:56 - Feb 21 with 638 viewsSteve_M

He's written about this before obviously, but this is updated for this season and quite interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/21/the-question-are-full-back

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back on 13:23 - Feb 21 with 585 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I seem to remember playing with wing back was massively en vogue 15-20 years ago.

Burley was certainly a fan of it!

Back the the league only really swapped hands between Man Utd and Arsenal, but I seem to recall Liverpool using wing backs.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 574 viewsSteve_M

Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back on 13:23 - Feb 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I seem to remember playing with wing back was massively en vogue 15-20 years ago.

Burley was certainly a fan of it!

Back the the league only really swapped hands between Man Utd and Arsenal, but I seem to recall Liverpool using wing backs.

The Roy Evans era at Liverpool certainly featured wingbacks as much as cream Armani suits. McAteer was one, not sure if Rob Jones still around.

When Burley played it, both Clapham and Wilnis were comfortable enough as midfielders, Gary Croft rather less so.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back on 14:09 - Feb 21 with 514 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jonathan Wilson on the continuing evolution of the full back on 13:28 - Feb 21 by Steve_M

The Roy Evans era at Liverpool certainly featured wingbacks as much as cream Armani suits. McAteer was one, not sure if Rob Jones still around.

When Burley played it, both Clapham and Wilnis were comfortable enough as midfielders, Gary Croft rather less so.

I was a season ticket holder at Grimsby when Croft broke into their first team, he was brilliant going forward.

...had a bit of a reputation as being a bit flash off the field, and I think that had caught up with him by the time he came to us.

Seem to recall Jermaine Wright playing wing back at times?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024