Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of the English derbies 09:10 - Feb 26 with 1242 viewsmos

Where would you put Ipswich Vs Norwich in the rankings of the best derbies in English football?

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Out of the English derbies on 09:15 - Feb 26 with 1205 viewsNewcyBlue

It is the only one worth caring about

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Out of the English derbies on 09:16 - Feb 26 with 1198 viewsosborne

Out of the English derbies on 09:54 - Feb 26 with 1051 viewsTractorWood

It is different and covers a massive geographical area. Not really comparable but is a good rivalry.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Out of the English derbies on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 1019 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't find the article but based on the The Football Rivalries Report 2008 which named us the second fiercest rivalry one of the newspapers said 'this isn't a battle of clubs but a battle of footballing empires'. It's a huge game in that sense. I don't care what the fans of clubs like United think. They live in a fake footballing bubble. Most fans of clubs who live in the real world appreciate our derby as a big one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Out of the English derbies on 10:07 - Feb 26 with 989 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Out of the English derbies on 10:01 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

I can't find the article but based on the The Football Rivalries Report 2008 which named us the second fiercest rivalry one of the newspapers said 'this isn't a battle of clubs but a battle of footballing empires'. It's a huge game in that sense. I don't care what the fans of clubs like United think. They live in a fake footballing bubble. Most fans of clubs who live in the real world appreciate our derby as a big one.

Agreed

Think it was a newspaper who made a story on it from the official report from a poll of 6000 football fans.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Out of the English derbies on 10:07 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsjpring89

Out of the English derbies on 10:01 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

Its gigantic.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Out of the English derbies on 10:11 - Feb 26 with 952 viewsHerbivore

To us it's the biggest but the reality is that it's a little way down the list. It doesn't really matter to anyone outside East Anglia.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Out of the English derbies on 10:19 - Feb 26 with 906 viewsLord_Lucan

Out of the English derbies on 10:11 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

To us it's the biggest but the reality is that it's a little way down the list. It doesn't really matter to anyone outside East Anglia.

The manc derbys don't mean much outside of Manchester.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Out of the English derbies on 10:21 - Feb 26 with 891 viewsvapour_trail

Out of the English derbies on 10:19 - Feb 26 by Lord_Lucan

The manc derbys don't mean much outside of Manchester.

They've only recently mattered inside Manchester. Most man u fans have looked at Liverpool or Leeds as far more important.

We're a proper derby, regardless of the fact we don't live in the same city. Like pompey Southampton.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Out of the English derbies on 10:24 - Feb 26 with 876 viewsBackToRussia

I'd say top 5.

Liverpool/Everton
Liverpool/Man Utd
Man U/City
Arsenal/Spurs
then ones like ours I'd say.
Ours is bigger than something like Forest-Derby I'd suggest because of the population size involved, it's county vs county.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Not true on 10:30 - Feb 26 with 849 viewsDyland

Obviously it doesn't particularly "matter" to people who don't support either club, but most football fans remark on this match in the days leading up to it.

Being very honest, whilst it's the most important game to win for me, I wouldn't say it particularly "mattered" in any real sense, unless there is something specific riding on it, like season before last. Our rivals are incredibly tinpot and everyone in football knows they are the poor neighbours when it comes down to what really "matters." As I said yesterday, when people talk about ITFC they talk about football. When they talk about NCFC they are more likely to talk about Delia or Stephen Fry. Or Ed Balls.

Their recent dominance over us on the pitch actually means fack all the grand football scheme, and they know it. Start winning FA Cups or challenging for Europe and then I may start thinking it matters.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Out of the English derbies on 10:32 - Feb 26 with 823 viewsJohnhoz

Out of the English derbies on 10:24 - Feb 26 by BackToRussia

I'd say top 5.

Liverpool/Everton
Liverpool/Man Utd
Man U/City
Arsenal/Spurs
then ones like ours I'd say.
Ours is bigger than something like Forest-Derby I'd suggest because of the population size involved, it's county vs county.

In terms of fierce rivalry I'd put Portsmouth v Southampton and Milwall v West Ham above the Liverpool derby and the Manc derby. Probably the North London derby too

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Out of the English derbies on 10:33 - Feb 26 with 804 viewsBackToRussia

Out of the English derbies on 10:32 - Feb 26 by Johnhoz

In terms of fierce rivalry I'd put Portsmouth v Southampton and Milwall v West Ham above the Liverpool derby and the Manc derby. Probably the North London derby too

True those two do stick out, although Millwall and West Ham rarely get to play each other, and neither do Portsmouth-Southampton in the last few years.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Not true on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 761 viewsPendejo

Not true on 10:30 - Feb 26 by Dyland

Obviously it doesn't particularly "matter" to people who don't support either club, but most football fans remark on this match in the days leading up to it.

Being very honest, whilst it's the most important game to win for me, I wouldn't say it particularly "mattered" in any real sense, unless there is something specific riding on it, like season before last. Our rivals are incredibly tinpot and everyone in football knows they are the poor neighbours when it comes down to what really "matters." As I said yesterday, when people talk about ITFC they talk about football. When they talk about NCFC they are more likely to talk about Delia or Stephen Fry. Or Ed Balls.

Their recent dominance over us on the pitch actually means fack all the grand football scheme, and they know it. Start winning FA Cups or challenging for Europe and then I may start thinking it matters.

That's an exceptionally good point you make there in my humble opinion

"when people talk about ITFC they talk about football. When they talk about NCFC they are more likely to talk about Delia or Stephen Fry. Or Ed Balls. "

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Out of the English derbies on 10:58 - Feb 26 with 647 viewscruncher

I think in the eyes of the media it's well down the list but our eyes it's well up there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024