Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicola is going for Indyref2! 12:14 - Mar 13 with 6862 viewsWeWereZombies

Or to put it another way, knock this Brexit nonsense on the head, May, or else

I wonder what intelligence she has that makes her think Scotland will vote Aye this time, independent Scotland to be head of the queue for EU negotiations?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39255181

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:16 - Mar 13 with 2578 viewsNo9

& yesterday the Irish said there is strong support for Northern Ireland to re-unite with Eire.
Who would have thought the tories would ever break up the Union -
Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:17 - Mar 13 with 2577 viewsSteve_M

There are going to be some interesting verbal somersaults coming up from pro-EU, pro-independence Scots and pro-UK Brexiters.

I guess that will be at least slightly amusing as it all goes to sh1t.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:18 - Mar 13 with 2554 viewsNo9

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:17 - Mar 13 by Steve_M

There are going to be some interesting verbal somersaults coming up from pro-EU, pro-independence Scots and pro-UK Brexiters.

I guess that will be at least slightly amusing as it all goes to sh1t.

One MP said in the HoC last week that the UK has not been this divided for decades and it is getting worse
Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:20 - Mar 13 with 2545 viewshype313

Head of the queue? Don't think so, it will open the Catalan/Basque can pf worms the EU doesn't want.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:22 - Mar 13 with 2526 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's now or nevefr for the SNP. Her poll ratings are tanking. Ruth Davidson has a higher approval rating than she does.

https://reaction.life/nicola-sturgeon-popular-ruth-davidson/

They will be a coalition government in 2021 so she has to push for a referendum now.

The SNP’s record in government is starting to catch up with it. The SNP are loved by nationalists by not so much by unionists and I think she knows that the clock is ticking.

She also wants to get the referendum in before Brexit so she can use an extension of project fear. Much harder to convince the Scots to leave if the world doesn't fall apart post Brexit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:31 - Mar 13 with 2484 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:20 - Mar 13 by hype313

Head of the queue? Don't think so, it will open the Catalan/Basque can pf worms the EU doesn't want.

You misunderstand, I doubt that Holyrood is keen on rejoining the EU as that would mean adopting the Euro and saying goodbye to any reserves that an independent Scotland might have - so even if the Catalan issue is somewhere at the edge of the table it won't be on the menu.

Either Sturgeon's team have found a pretty solid case to say the EU cannot throw Scotland out along with England and Wales (she is pushing for Indyref before the Article 50 two year negotiations, after all) or the intention is for Scotland to be independent of England and Wales and of the EU - and at the head of the queue for a route into Britain under the most favourable conditions. Where this leaves the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland I have no idea, but I suspect Sturgeon does and the deals have already been made,

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:32 - Mar 13 with 2461 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:31 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

You misunderstand, I doubt that Holyrood is keen on rejoining the EU as that would mean adopting the Euro and saying goodbye to any reserves that an independent Scotland might have - so even if the Catalan issue is somewhere at the edge of the table it won't be on the menu.

Either Sturgeon's team have found a pretty solid case to say the EU cannot throw Scotland out along with England and Wales (she is pushing for Indyref before the Article 50 two year negotiations, after all) or the intention is for Scotland to be independent of England and Wales and of the EU - and at the head of the queue for a route into Britain under the most favourable conditions. Where this leaves the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland I have no idea, but I suspect Sturgeon does and the deals have already been made,

You sound like a Brexiteer before the referendum.

Iron Lion Zion

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:36 - Mar 13 with 2449 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:32 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

You sound like a Brexiteer before the referendum.

Weak, GB. You know I want Scotland to stay in the union but we may have to live in an independent Scotland in a couple of years. I would rather not but I won't be despondent about it.

Surprised you haven't started chirping about Corbyn supporting IndyRef2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39253942

Login to get fewer ads

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:37 - Mar 13 with 2448 viewsFtnfwest

If this happened and the vote was for leaving the UK, surely those supporting the Union could quite rightly insist on yet another referendum after that to reverse the decision again!
Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:37 - Mar 13 with 2438 viewsBlueBadger

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:36 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

Weak, GB. You know I want Scotland to stay in the union but we may have to live in an independent Scotland in a couple of years. I would rather not but I won't be despondent about it.

He's just gearing up for when the real fight starts 9 months after the Scots vote 'yes'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 2429 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:37 - Mar 13 by Ftnfwest

If this happened and the vote was for leaving the UK, surely those supporting the Union could quite rightly insist on yet another referendum after that to reverse the decision again!

And if Brexit goes off the rails and we stay in the EU i don't see why not, but it will take something like that to overturn an Aye vote.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 12:41]

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:40 - Mar 13 with 2422 viewsSteve_M

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:37 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

He's just gearing up for when the real fight starts 9 months after the Scots vote 'yes'.

And participating in a protest outside Parliament for the rights of EU nationals to remain in the UK having whipped his MPs to vote against it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:43 - Mar 13 with 2384 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hasn't Corbyn flip flopped on this over the weekend?

Iron Lion Zion

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:44 - Mar 13 with 2361 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:37 - Mar 13 by BlueBadger

If the Scots vote yes then I would respect their democratic right to do so.

I don't think they will though.

Iron Lion Zion

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:48 - Mar 13 with 2354 viewsgiant_stow

Wow, its almost like all the UK's politicians have quietly got together to figure out the best way to ruin this country.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:52 - Mar 13 with 2333 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:43 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

Hasn't Corbyn flip flopped on this over the weekend?

Probably, but he is a fringe figure so does it really matter? Although it does provide some light amusement:

Ms Sturgeon tweeted that it was "always a pleasure to have Jeremy Corbyn campaigning in Scotland" - accompanied by a laughing emoji.

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:55 - Mar 13 with 2310 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:52 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

Probably, but he is a fringe figure so does it really matter? Although it does provide some light amusement:

Ms Sturgeon tweeted that it was "always a pleasure to have Jeremy Corbyn campaigning in Scotland" - accompanied by a laughing emoji.

Ruth Davidson will be the face of the Unionists vote. Corbyn will be kept well away from the campaign.

Besides, if May makes sure the referendum takes place once we have left the EU then Jezza won't be Labour leader.

Iron Lion Zion

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:59 - Mar 13 with 2296 viewsBinner

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:22 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

It's now or nevefr for the SNP. Her poll ratings are tanking. Ruth Davidson has a higher approval rating than she does.

https://reaction.life/nicola-sturgeon-popular-ruth-davidson/

They will be a coalition government in 2021 so she has to push for a referendum now.

The SNP’s record in government is starting to catch up with it. The SNP are loved by nationalists by not so much by unionists and I think she knows that the clock is ticking.

She also wants to get the referendum in before Brexit so she can use an extension of project fear. Much harder to convince the Scots to leave if the world doesn't fall apart post Brexit.

"The World" will be fine after brexit. It's just the UK that'll fall part.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:02 - Mar 13 with 2283 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 12:55 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

Ruth Davidson will be the face of the Unionists vote. Corbyn will be kept well away from the campaign.

Besides, if May makes sure the referendum takes place once we have left the EU then Jezza won't be Labour leader.

Whoever has to lead the campaign to stay in the union (and using the term Unionist is too sectarian and will split the camp) will have to be free from the taint of Westminster and I am not sure Ruth Davidson has done enough to fill that requirement. Labour in Scotland have acted quickly to distance themselves from Corbyn's gaffe but do you really think Kezia Dugdale is up to the job? Willie Rennie has been verbally lampooned by Sturgeon too often to be credible. Gordon Brown again? It could be a lot tighter this time.

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 2251 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:02 - Mar 13 by WeWereZombies

Whoever has to lead the campaign to stay in the union (and using the term Unionist is too sectarian and will split the camp) will have to be free from the taint of Westminster and I am not sure Ruth Davidson has done enough to fill that requirement. Labour in Scotland have acted quickly to distance themselves from Corbyn's gaffe but do you really think Kezia Dugdale is up to the job? Willie Rennie has been verbally lampooned by Sturgeon too often to be credible. Gordon Brown again? It could be a lot tighter this time.

Well Ruth Davidson is the most popular leader in Scotland and is pretty much seen as the face of unionism up here.

That's why Nicola wants to go early. She can only get a referendum through with the votes of the Greens as they are now a minority administration. Their popularity is waning and they won't get a referendum through post 2021q.

Iron Lion Zion

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:15 - Mar 13 with 2211 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure May and the government/Tory party's actions over the past few years — not to mention the policies moving forward — have given Sturgeon any other choice.

But equally not sure whether the uncertainty of the Brexit clusterf@ckmakes this a good or a bad time for people to make a decision in 2018/19. Although I'm guessing that the Brexit process will continue to serve up the incompetent and/or self-serving shenanigans that we've seen so far.

Pronouns: He/Him

Whatever happens... and however she gets on... on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 2188 viewsunstableblue

.. it's all just adding to the Brexit mess.

Tory's infighting. Admission than there is no Plan B currently.

WTO not a valid model.

The outcome - limited foreign investment in the UK whilst the shambles rolls on and on.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:20 - Mar 13 with 2167 viewsTollycobbold

Nicola wants an Independent Scotland within the EU. I'm not sure she fully understand how the EU works., the wee ginger headed krankie.
Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:21 - Mar 13 with 2154 viewsgiant_stow

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:15 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

Not sure May and the government/Tory party's actions over the past few years — not to mention the policies moving forward — have given Sturgeon any other choice.

But equally not sure whether the uncertainty of the Brexit clusterf@ckmakes this a good or a bad time for people to make a decision in 2018/19. Although I'm guessing that the Brexit process will continue to serve up the incompetent and/or self-serving shenanigans that we've seen so far.

what a bludy mess. Late 2019 / early 2020 will be a time of spectacular uncertainty, with two govts unable to govern because they're busy ripping themselves apart, and quite possibly with a recession for background music.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2017 13:22]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:22 - Mar 13 with 2131 viewsWeWereZombies

Nicola is going for Indyref2! on 13:07 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

Well Ruth Davidson is the most popular leader in Scotland and is pretty much seen as the face of unionism up here.

That's why Nicola wants to go early. She can only get a referendum through with the votes of the Greens as they are now a minority administration. Their popularity is waning and they won't get a referendum through post 2021q.

It's not what a couple of polls said last September that count though, is it? It is how the cards stack up at the end of next year. That Confucian curse - interesting times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024