Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we're all honest 12:20 - Mar 16 with 5280 viewshype313

Our club is a complete shambles from top to bottom isn't it.

Board with zero business acumen, football knowledge and essentially winging everything they do and decisions based on emotion.

A ground that looks in a terrible state, has had no love, no upkeep, and is generally turning into an eyesore.

Facilities such as catering that have been eroded over the years and are sub standard at best.

Playing staff that gets weaker each year replaced with Loans, punts and chancers.

Sub standard, if not abject scouting network.

And I'm generally a glass half full kinda guy, but if we're really honest, things aren't great, and quite frankly the Cobbolds would be turning in their graves.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 13:32]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If we're all honest on 12:26 - Mar 16 with 2806 viewsLord_Lucan

Nothing much to argue against that.

I was no fan of Sheepshanks but you knew he had the club at heart.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If we're all honest on 12:30 - Mar 16 with 2787 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 12:26 - Mar 16 by Lord_Lucan

Nothing much to argue against that.

I was no fan of Sheepshanks but you knew he had the club at heart.

Me neither, it's just a shame as fans we are all happy witnessing this slow motion car crash but having no apathy to change things or at least try

Historically we have always been a club of groaners and tutters and that's a far as our anger goes, shame really.

If we're all honest on 12:42 - Mar 16 with 2741 viewsJ2BLUE

If we're all honest on 12:30 - Mar 16 by hype313

Me neither, it's just a shame as fans we are all happy witnessing this slow motion car crash but having no apathy to change things or at least try

Historically we have always been a club of groaners and tutters and that's a far as our anger goes, shame really.

Tell us how to land a blow on Evans and we'll listen. We have an owner who rarely seen or heard from, is in sole control and doesn't seem to give a damn if the ground is empty. I think the lack of action isn't because the fans are unwilling to act, it's because there doesn't seem to be any way to actually get Evans to listen.

We're open to ideas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we're all honest on 12:50 - Mar 16 with 2713 viewsClausThomsen

If we're all honest on 12:42 - Mar 16 by J2BLUE

Tell us how to land a blow on Evans and we'll listen. We have an owner who rarely seen or heard from, is in sole control and doesn't seem to give a damn if the ground is empty. I think the lack of action isn't because the fans are unwilling to act, it's because there doesn't seem to be any way to actually get Evans to listen.

We're open to ideas.

Get your Ipswich top, get some tippex and write "is a bellend" under the sponsor's logo.
If we're all honest on 12:56 - Mar 16 with 2684 viewsJ2BLUE

If we're all honest on 12:50 - Mar 16 by ClausThomsen

Get your Ipswich top, get some tippex and write "is a bellend" under the sponsor's logo.

Love it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we're all honest on 13:00 - Mar 16 with 2672 viewsmaccyd9

If we're all honest on 12:30 - Mar 16 by hype313

The apathy is because nobody knows where to fully direct their anger. Who do you blame?

An owner that on the face of it doesn't care
A chief exec who has zero football knowledge or people skills
A manager who has not moved with the times and who regularly throws out digs at the most patient set of fans he has ever had to answer to
Players that whilst trying hard, generally lack ability
Parachute payments
Greedy footballers
Sky
The Premiership?

And all that over a backdrop of an ageing stadium, terrible catering, expensive tickets, poor matchday experience and 15 years of almost total monotony.

It almost feels like wherever your anger is directed it's insignificant given the vast problems that exist.

Football in general is in a terrible place imo, I don't love it anymore, I watch it through habit. Being an Ipswich fan just doesn't help.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 13:02]
If we're all honest on 13:04 - Mar 16 with 2649 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 13:00 - Mar 16 by maccyd9

The apathy is because nobody knows where to fully direct their anger. Who do you blame?

A manager who has not moved with the times and who regularly throws out digs at the most patient set of fans he has ever had to answer to
Parachute payments
Greedy footballers
Sky
The Premiership?

And all that over a backdrop of an ageing stadium, terrible catering, expensive tickets, poor matchday experience and 15 years of almost total monotony.

It almost feels like wherever your anger is directed it's insignificant given the vast problems that exist.

Football in general is in a terrible place imo, I don't love it anymore, I watch it through habit. Being an Ipswich fan just doesn't help.

For me it's got to be the Owner, he's the one that pulls the strings. He's the one that employs the board members/management etc.

I'm with you, football is in a terrible place across the board and maybe part of us is the same across many clubs.

The a5se needs to fall out of football in all honesty.

If we're all honest on 13:09 - Mar 16 with 2607 viewsmaccyd9

If we're all honest on 13:04 - Mar 16 by hype313

For me it's got to be the Owner, he's the one that pulls the strings. He's the one that employs the board members/management etc.

I'm with you, football is in a terrible place across the board and maybe part of us is the same across many clubs.

The a5se needs to fall out of football in all honesty.

Personally its Evans for me too.

I don't by that he saved the club, if it wasn't him it would have been someone else. And he did it for nothing other than profit. His toy thing failed and now doesn't know which way to turn.

However, no matter what, you keep your paying customers happy and enticed. We are essentially the only group of people that can positively help him in getting his money back.

It's gone beyond a manager miracle, a one season wonder, it needs a few years of getting the fans in to PR, increasing attendances, the feel good factor and getting crowds regularly in excess of 25k. That in turn increases revenue and the ability to invest.

You don't do that by employing Milne or by being anonymous and removed from those you expect to pay their hard earned cash on tickets and merchandise.
Login to get fewer ads

If we're all honest on 13:14 - Mar 16 with 2572 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 13:09 - Mar 16 by maccyd9

I don't by that he saved the club, if it wasn't him it would have been someone else. And he did it for nothing other than profit. His toy thing failed and now doesn't know which way to turn.

However, no matter what, you keep your paying customers happy and enticed. We are essentially the only group of people that can positively help him in getting his money back.

It's gone beyond a manager miracle, a one season wonder, it needs a few years of getting the fans in to PR, increasing attendances, the feel good factor and getting crowds regularly in excess of 25k. That in turn increases revenue and the ability to invest.

You don't do that by employing Milne or by being anonymous and removed from those you expect to pay their hard earned cash on tickets and merchandise.

He's pot committed with a speculative/punt of a hand and the river hasn't helped him.

People saying he's more committed than ever, then tell me why is the club is such a sh1te state? why is the player pool being diminished year after year and replaced with dross, chancers and punts?

He is the problem, he has a problem (ITFC) and he has no idea about what to do next.

Meanwhile we drift along with a cliff downstream which we will eventually hit...
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 13:21]

If we're all honest on 13:19 - Mar 16 with 2521 viewsDeano69

Was having the reverse discussion yesterday, we were trying to come up with something we actually excel in or at least a great example. At one one it used to be:

Brilliant Playing Surface
Capable of at least holding our own against any level of opposition
Warm hospitality for away sides
Fairly attractive (if direct) playing style
Fairly priced day tickets and season tickets
Few enemies, in many cases we would be a football fan's 'second choice'
Many characters with presence and style (both players and staff)
Great connection between fans and club
....to name but a few...

Pretty sure we are almost the direct opposite of that these days :(

Quite like a Portman Pie, some of the community stuff the club does is quite good and Blue is my favourite colour. That just about sums it up.

Football used to be fun once, far too serious now, far too much money, far too much BS,

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

If we're all honest on 13:20 - Mar 16 with 2502 viewschristiand

Have an up arrow from me Hype....spot on and hard to disagree!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If we're all honest on 13:23 - Mar 16 with 2478 viewshype313

We're open to ideas.

Well for a start us fans that are still going to games, need to make our voices heard, either after game, before game protests, chanting in the games, banners, anything to show the dissatisfaction we have.

Trouble is, the only way we know how to show our distaste is to boycott, which is viable in some ways but it doesn't show the anger most of us have with the current situation.

If we're all honest on 13:24 - Mar 16 with 2470 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 13:20 - Mar 16 by christiand

Have an up arrow from me Hype....spot on and hard to disagree!

Just a shame I had to write it, truth be told.

If we're all honest on 13:26 - Mar 16 with 2446 viewsDeano69

If we're all honest on 13:24 - Mar 16 by hype313

Just a shame I had to write it, truth be told.

I wouldn't say we are quite in the 'Coventry territory' just yet, but we seem to be slipping further backward rather than forward.

Depressing....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

If we're all honest on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 2434 viewssouthnorfolkblue

If we're all honest on 13:09 - Mar 16 by maccyd9

To be fair there wasn't a queue of buyers when he bought the Club. Whilst I have a number of issues with his ownership we haven't done a Portsmouth or a Coventry, which I think would have happened without his intervention.

Poll: Our final position

If we're all honest on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 2423 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 13:28 - Mar 16 by southnorfolkblue

To be fair there wasn't a queue of buyers when he bought the Club. Whilst I have a number of issues with his ownership we haven't done a Portsmouth or a Coventry, which I think would have happened without his intervention.

Although he apparently constantly gets asked if it's for sale...Jury's out for me on that one, also if he really loves the club and someone comes along and is prepared to invest more than he can then why wouldn't he sell?

If we're all honest on 13:32 - Mar 16 with 2409 viewsVic

Well I'm not sure this bit is true "Board with zero business acumen" given that they run a successful multi million pound business. If you said 'A board with zero football business acumen' I'd agree.

And I'm not convinced that the playing staff is weaker this year than last.

Do we know what the scouting network is? Or are you just assuming it's like you said?

But the rest is difficult to argue with.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If we're all honest on 13:32 - Mar 16 with 2402 viewswrightsrightglove

We're open to ideas.

The only thing that will make someone like Marcus Evans listen is money; I know no one is bigger than the club and people will always support the team but surely between now and the end of the season there has to be a game where people just simply don't show up. Season ticket holders will still be counted and their money has already been collected but a stadium which is almost completely empty, no money from drinks, food etc. would surely speak volumes. Or do we not think that even that would make a difference?
If we're all honest on 13:35 - Mar 16 with 2373 viewsLankHenners

If we're all honest on 13:00 - Mar 16 by maccyd9

Parachute payments
Greedy footballers
Sky
The Premiership?

Agree with all that apart from the digs at fans comment.

That's a complete myth as far as I'm concerned - people (who unsurprisingly tend to be quite vocal Mick outers) quite often pick up certain soundbites and remove their context to suit their anti-MM agenda.

I can see how some of the things Mick says can be grating (I'm getting a little tired of the constant praising of the opposition and there's only so many times he can keep bringing up things he's done in the past) but he's never had a"dig" at the fans as such.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If we're all honest on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 2335 viewsSteve_M

Yes, basically the ME approach is that all looks good if the first team performs but otherwise the cracks show. The sense of drift is palpable and there is so much up in the air for next season.

I think this has been evident for a while, certainly since the failure of the Keane bandwagon and ME's subsequent indecision in the Summer of 2010. McCarthy gave the first team a sense of purpose initially but he has either failed or not been allowed to build on the relative success of 2014-15. How many good standard Championship players have we signed permanently since Mick's first Summer in charge? Anyone other than Bart and Sears?

I know I'm not alone in this but I do not have any faith in ME's ability to get the next managerial appointment right. A one in three success rate isn't encouraging here, Sheepshanks would at least have a good go at improving the general mood of the fans (hopefully not with a CD though) but instead it's a shrug.

It was after that Peterborough debacle that I first started to really wonder how the Evans era would end. Even then, we could believe one good season might see us promoted but the division has changed so much since.

If anyone cares, here's what I wrote after that match:

Blog: [Blog] Is This Club Rotten From Top to Bottom? 21st Aug 2011 10:38
Twelve goals conceded in two matches? Unfortunately it doesn’t take too long to remember when that last happened - on March 4th and 8th 1995. The second was a 3-0 defeat at Spurs. 24

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If we're all honest on 13:43 - Mar 16 with 2316 viewsSteve_M

If we're all honest on 13:19 - Mar 16 by Deano69

Was having the reverse discussion yesterday, we were trying to come up with something we actually excel in or at least a great example. At one one it used to be:

Brilliant Playing Surface
Capable of at least holding our own against any level of opposition
Warm hospitality for away sides
Fairly attractive (if direct) playing style
Fairly priced day tickets and season tickets
Few enemies, in many cases we would be a football fan's 'second choice'
Many characters with presence and style (both players and staff)
Great connection between fans and club
....to name but a few...

Pretty sure we are almost the direct opposite of that these days :(

Quite like a Portman Pie, some of the community stuff the club does is quite good and Blue is my favourite colour. That just about sums it up.

Football used to be fun once, far too serious now, far too much money, far too much BS,

I would give a small positive shout to the club's social media accounts over the last few years. Some misjudgements but Ogle has certainly grown into the role.

It's kind of like having the smartest deckchairs on the Titanic though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If we're all honest on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 2305 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Things aren't great but I don't think they're as bleak as that. It is an improvement on 4 or 5 years ago when PJ was in charge. Then we really did have an assortment of loanees & absolutely no direction, and were shipping goals like never before. Now we do have a fairly solid defence, we do have some good youngsters coming through, and on paper I think a decent championship side that should be pushing the top 6. We can thank MM for that. What we can't thank him for is the dour negative tactics, poor entertainment, and a real danger that some of these good youngsters will go elsewhere if they're not given a chance. For this reason, I think a new forward thinking manager would now have a good solid base to build on.

Agree with you though about the ground and the pitch. It's all looking rather shabby & Marcus needs to spend on this as well as investing in the squad.
If we're all honest on 13:45 - Mar 16 with 2281 viewssouthnorfolkblue

If we're all honest on 13:30 - Mar 16 by hype313

Although he apparently constantly gets asked if it's for sale...Jury's out for me on that one, also if he really loves the club and someone comes along and is prepared to invest more than he can then why wouldn't he sell?

That may be the case now, but I don't think that it was when we had just come out of administration.

Poll: Our final position

If we're all honest on 13:49 - Mar 16 with 2250 viewshype313

If we're all honest on 13:41 - Mar 16 by Steve_M

Yes, basically the ME approach is that all looks good if the first team performs but otherwise the cracks show. The sense of drift is palpable and there is so much up in the air for next season.

I think this has been evident for a while, certainly since the failure of the Keane bandwagon and ME's subsequent indecision in the Summer of 2010. McCarthy gave the first team a sense of purpose initially but he has either failed or not been allowed to build on the relative success of 2014-15. How many good standard Championship players have we signed permanently since Mick's first Summer in charge? Anyone other than Bart and Sears?

I know I'm not alone in this but I do not have any faith in ME's ability to get the next managerial appointment right. A one in three success rate isn't encouraging here, Sheepshanks would at least have a good go at improving the general mood of the fans (hopefully not with a CD though) but instead it's a shrug.

It was after that Peterborough debacle that I first started to really wonder how the Evans era would end. Even then, we could believe one good season might see us promoted but the division has changed so much since.

If anyone cares, here's what I wrote after that match:

Blog: [Blog] Is This Club Rotten From Top to Bottom? 21st Aug 2011 10:38
Twelve goals conceded in two matches? Unfortunately it doesn’t take too long to remember when that last happened - on March 4th and 8th 1995. The second was a 3-0 defeat at Spurs. 24

The headline of that blog is bang on the money for me Steve. I have had my doubts over the past year or two but for me the reality of our situation across the board is really hitting hard.

It was quite clear just after Xmas when results and performances were abject that people actually stopped and thought about the bigger picture, rather than blame Mick, Evans started to take some of the brunt.

I'm with you, Marcus Evans has shown nothing to me that he will make a success of this club going forward. He seems to be happy bimbling along in this division, whilst not having to invest.

He needs to go, trouble is how and who will takeover, that's the issue.

If we're all honest on 13:51 - Mar 16 with 2232 viewsRyorry

If we're all honest on 13:32 - Mar 16 by Vic

Well I'm not sure this bit is true "Board with zero business acumen" given that they run a successful multi million pound business. If you said 'A board with zero football business acumen' I'd agree.

And I'm not convinced that the playing staff is weaker this year than last.

Do we know what the scouting network is? Or are you just assuming it's like you said?

But the rest is difficult to argue with.

So why doesn't ME at least organise getting decent catering in and giving the ground a clean-up and lick of paint? At least those'd be two routes to making his paying customers feel slightly happier.

Some of us have been saying this for a year+!

ME simply doesn't give a toss.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024