Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again 18:26 - Mar 19 with 16304 viewsArcher4721

More fake news and lies.

Peter Stefanovic absolutely spot on here

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 908 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:53 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

Corbyn doesn't need any assistance from Ms K or the BBC, he's perfectly skilled at shooting himself, the PLP and the country in the feet, all by himself.

Yes, at time he does seem hapless
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 891 viewsDarth_Koont

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:08 - Mar 20 by pointofblue

Except Peter Stefanovic is completely and utterly wrong. Jeremy Corbyn, as always, did absolutely nothing to instigate a u-turn in Government policy. It was the Conservative backbenches which forced the u-turn through on the basis that they would vote against the budget otherwise.

The Official Opposition at the moment is the Conservative backbenches and, to an extent, the SNP. Labour is a defunct party going nowhere and will remain being so whilst the leadership insists on following extreme left wing policy which had previously been destroyed by Thatcher.

Although you could argue that this lack of opposition was really set in motion by Labour and the LibDems when they sold out/became Tory Lite in the vicinity of power.

For all that the Tories are appeasing a pretty rum bunch on their right flank, the former centre and left parties have shown themselves equally willing to abandon their common sense and principles in favor of chasing after middle England, middle-class votes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:29 - Mar 20 with 879 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:20 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

Although you could argue that this lack of opposition was really set in motion by Labour and the LibDems when they sold out/became Tory Lite in the vicinity of power.

For all that the Tories are appeasing a pretty rum bunch on their right flank, the former centre and left parties have shown themselves equally willing to abandon their common sense and principles in favor of chasing after middle England, middle-class votes.

Much of the problem arises bacause there is skant political education in England so many voters have no ideas who stands for what & the media are happy to blur the lines.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:29 - Mar 20 with 878 viewslowhouseblue

anyone who can't build a coalition of support which includes middle england and middle class voters will never be elected. unless you can comes to terms with that politics is all just a pose.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:31 - Mar 20 with 874 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:29 - Mar 20 by No9

Much of the problem arises bacause there is skant political education in England so many voters have no ideas who stands for what & the media are happy to blur the lines.

'skant..education'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 863 viewsfeelingblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:06 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

For me it isn't an issue of right or left with the BBC. As you say they've got both sorts in equal measure.

They may be more balanced than the rest of the media but what annoys me about the BBC as public broadcaster is that they're the engine behind the politics as a game/entertainment that has seen a weakening of serious principled debate. This is where Kuenssberg comes into her own. Never mind her barely suppressed Tory leanings (I can live with that) but it's her fetishistic love of the game that is vomit-inducing.

That is of course all in line with the BBC's business model and the need to spin 24-hour news content. But here's the problem, politics isn't news. At least for 95% of the time. Yet we have the vacuous politicking of government officials and the equally empty spouting of those in opposition packaged and delivered as news content ...

The BBC has done its part to dumb down the political debate and to create a whirlwind of irrelevant information. If they want to show real objectivity, they should take a step back and focus on real things that are happening, not just give political parties the airtime to talk about doing stuff and then give these statements some validity by overanalyzing them to try and create some artificial meaning.

Spot on, good post
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:43 - Mar 20 with 847 viewspointofblue

The reason why they abandoned the extreme left is the same reason why the Conservatives abandoned the right to an extent (they were more to the centre than Labour ever were until Kinnock took over) - the middle ground voters aren't interested in it.

Though Blair arguably took the Labour party too far to the centre. A Labour akin to Kinnock's set up in 1992 would have won in 1997.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 842 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:06 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

For me it isn't an issue of right or left with the BBC. As you say they've got both sorts in equal measure.

They may be more balanced than the rest of the media but what annoys me about the BBC as public broadcaster is that they're the engine behind the politics as a game/entertainment that has seen a weakening of serious principled debate. This is where Kuenssberg comes into her own. Never mind her barely suppressed Tory leanings (I can live with that) but it's her fetishistic love of the game that is vomit-inducing.

That is of course all in line with the BBC's business model and the need to spin 24-hour news content. But here's the problem, politics isn't news. At least for 95% of the time. Yet we have the vacuous politicking of government officials and the equally empty spouting of those in opposition packaged and delivered as news content ...

The BBC has done its part to dumb down the political debate and to create a whirlwind of irrelevant information. If they want to show real objectivity, they should take a step back and focus on real things that are happening, not just give political parties the airtime to talk about doing stuff and then give these statements some validity by overanalyzing them to try and create some artificial meaning.

Correct, Ms K's BBC 2 programme about the E was as dull as ditchwater & only contiained very old stuff to divert attenation away from the real meat & potatoes of what needs to happen when A50 is triggered.
Shameful wast of TV but, done by design
Login to get fewer ads

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:54 - Mar 20 with 829 viewssparks

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:09 - Mar 20 by No9

Its on the net if you care to look.

Who was the economics editor (BBC?) who had relations with a labour minister?
Were labour in office at the time?

Flanders dated both balls and miliband. ..

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:57 - Mar 20 with 824 viewsBOjK

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:50 - Mar 20 by No9

There are presenters on the BBC who come across as biased.
There is a lot of circumstaial evidence agianst Ms K (including the fact her brother works for the tories - allegedly) in particular & on at least one occassion she has been found guilty by the BBC themselves.

It is amatter of record that Nick Robinson warned the BBC of her campaign against Coryn.

A review of the way in which the BBC reported the tory election expenses issues & how Ch 4 treated it suggests the pro tory bias in the BBC runs very deep.

I have already mentioned the Andrew Neil thing

I dare say all the presenters and commentators have views themselves, but - like judges - they are in general perfectly capable on reporting on these things objectively, at least in the vast majority of cases.

Andrew Neil is a Tory, but he gives it full barrel to both sides. You'd have to be pretty one-eyed not to be able to see that.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:58 - Mar 20 with 820 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:54 - Mar 20 by sparks

Flanders dated both balls and miliband. ..

Flanders ?
When they were married?
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:01 - Mar 20 with 816 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:57 - Mar 20 by BOjK

I dare say all the presenters and commentators have views themselves, but - like judges - they are in general perfectly capable on reporting on these things objectively, at least in the vast majority of cases.

Andrew Neil is a Tory, but he gives it full barrel to both sides. You'd have to be pretty one-eyed not to be able to see that.

I very rarely watch Andrew Neil because it is a horrible show.
Andrew Neil is extremely biased as you would expect given his oother employment
And in view of his employment he has no legitimacy in questioning UK MP's on tax
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:03 - Mar 20 with 807 viewsRyorry

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:01 - Mar 20 by No9

I very rarely watch Andrew Neil because it is a horrible show.
Andrew Neil is extremely biased as you would expect given his oother employment
And in view of his employment he has no legitimacy in questioning UK MP's on tax

Totally disagree on first 2 points.

Please explain your 3rd point.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:08 - Mar 20 with 791 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:03 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

Totally disagree on first 2 points.

Please explain your 3rd point.

Andrew Neil is the Chairman of Press Holdings a company owned by the Barclay Bros who are Channel Isle tax exiles.
Press Holding (BB) ownes the Telegraph & the Spectator both of whcih are registered in the CI.
So as the Chair of tax avoiding Co's how can he legitimately challenge UK MP's.

& of course it brings his own tax affairs into question?
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:34 - Mar 20 with 762 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:57 - Mar 20 by BOjK

Andrew Marr was a Chairman Mao-obsessed firebrand who was nicknamed ‘Red Andy' at university and was very friendly with Momentum's John Lansman, but he is completely neutral and professional when presenting on the BBC.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 16:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:40 - Mar 20 with 750 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:34 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

Andrew Marr was a Chairman Mao-obsessed firebrand who was nicknamed ‘Red Andy' at university and was very friendly with Momentum's John Lansman, but he is completely neutral and professional when presenting on the BBC.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 16:49]

Really?
We must have a very different veriosn in EA to what you get in Scotland
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:41 - Mar 20 with 750 viewsblueislander

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:08 - Mar 20 by No9

Andrew Neil is the Chairman of Press Holdings a company owned by the Barclay Bros who are Channel Isle tax exiles.
Press Holding (BB) ownes the Telegraph & the Spectator both of whcih are registered in the CI.
So as the Chair of tax avoiding Co's how can he legitimately challenge UK MP's.

& of course it brings his own tax affairs into question?

Although they have a property in The Channel Islands, I think you will find they are actually residents of Monaco . They would pay tax if they were residents in the Channel Islands, whereas in Monaco they pay zero tax
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 737 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:40 - Mar 20 by No9

Really?
We must have a very different veriosn in EA to what you get in Scotland

You think Andrew Marr is biased in favour of Maoism?

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:54 - Mar 20 with 730 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:41 - Mar 20 by blueislander

Although they have a property in The Channel Islands, I think you will find they are actually residents of Monaco . They would pay tax if they were residents in the Channel Islands, whereas in Monaco they pay zero tax

They were involved in a legal battle over Sark but like man y others have more than one residence.
If they ar eresidents of the CI they would not pay UK tax would they
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:56 - Mar 20 with 728 viewsbluelagos

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:50 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

You think Andrew Marr is biased in favour of Maoism?

Have you guys crossed wires ref Andrew Marr & Andrew Neil?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 713 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:56 - Mar 20 by bluelagos

Have you guys crossed wires ref Andrew Marr & Andrew Neil?

I haven't crossed any wires. I typed Andrew Marr.

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:00 - Mar 20 with 718 viewsblueislander

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 16:54 - Mar 20 by No9

They were involved in a legal battle over Sark but like man y others have more than one residence.
If they ar eresidents of the CI they would not pay UK tax would they

They were involved in a big battle with the Sark Seneschal. They made very large investments on the island, having bought the island of Brechou just off Sark, and built a Gothic style castle there. They bought several hotels and refurbished them. Their biggest battle was over the inheritance laws, which are feudal in Sark, as they wanted their offspring to inherit equally.
If they were residents of The Channel Islands they would pay tax of 20% of their income.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 709 viewsbluelagos

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:00 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

I haven't crossed any wires. I typed Andrew Marr.

Can see that now. My mistake Glassers. Must read more carefully next time!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:06 - Mar 20 with 698 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:00 - Mar 20 by blueislander

They were involved in a big battle with the Sark Seneschal. They made very large investments on the island, having bought the island of Brechou just off Sark, and built a Gothic style castle there. They bought several hotels and refurbished them. Their biggest battle was over the inheritance laws, which are feudal in Sark, as they wanted their offspring to inherit equally.
If they were residents of The Channel Islands they would pay tax of 20% of their income.

'Declared income' ?
But their company which Mr Neil is chairman of is registered in CI - ?
& the Telegraph & Spectator certainly are
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:08 - Mar 20 with 694 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 17:04 - Mar 20 by bluelagos

Can see that now. My mistake Glassers. Must read more carefully next time!

I can't speak for NO9 though. He sometimes gets a little confused.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024