Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again 18:26 - Mar 19 with 16305 viewsArcher4721

More fake news and lies.

Peter Stefanovic absolutely spot on here

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:57 - Mar 21 with 2001 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:39 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

That isn't the issue here as you well know using the tragic death of a young woman in this instance is totally out of order even for you.

"The whole of the Labour party and Labour family - and indeed the whole country - will be in shock at the horrific murder of Jo Cox today.

Jo had a lifelong record of public service and a deep commitment to humanity. She worked both for Oxfam and the anti-slavery charity, the Freedom Fund, before she was elected last year as MP for Batley and Spen — where she was born and grew up.

Jo was dedicated to getting us to live up to our promises to support the developing world and strengthen human rights — and she brought those values and principles with her when she became an MP.

Jo died doing her public duty at the heart of our democracy, listening to and representing the people she was elected to serve. It is a profoundly important cause for us all.

Jo was universally liked at Westminster, not just by her Labour colleagues, but across Parliament.

In the coming days, there will be questions to answer about how and why she died. But for now all our thoughts are with Jo’s husband Brendan and their two young children. They will grow up without their mum, but can be immensely proud of what she did, what she achieved and what she stood for.

Stop swerving. You have double standards. Just admit it.

BTW you never did come back to me about Richard Crossman the other day. Another greedy Tory?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:31 - Mar 21 with 1987 viewspointofblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:57 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

What do I think of them? These are the people who betrayed the Labour Party and it's values and have the cheek to say Corbyn is unelectable. New Labour abandoned the poor,sick,disabled and low paid, the exact core of people who voted them into government and paid the price at the ballot box and in the Brexit vote.At least the Tories are consistent, they have no qualms about making the poor pay for the mistakes of the rich.

New Labour have no place in the political spectrum,and are irrelevent,they offer little difference in terms of policies to the Tories and don't have a hard core of support.

They should stop their persistant whinging and support their party and leader or get out and go and join up with Gideon and Farron.

Corbyn is unelectable. The world has moved on, the Momentum wing of the party hasn't.

I would argue that New Labour went too far in wooing the electorate; it wasn't necessary as Kinnock's approach would have resulted in a 1997 victory. Indeed, if he'd read the mood of the country right in 1992 he would have won then. But Corbyn is taking the party back to the days of Foot and we all remember how that ended up.

The country as a whole has moved on. There is no interest in nationalising everything again and have the public pay for it. Nuclear weapons are generally seen as a necessary evil. There are bigger battles to contest and these seem to be completely ignored; his reponse to the NI u-turn at Prime Minister's Questions would be hilarious if it wasn't from the so called Official Opposition.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 1954 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:31 - Mar 21 by pointofblue

Corbyn is unelectable. The world has moved on, the Momentum wing of the party hasn't.

I would argue that New Labour went too far in wooing the electorate; it wasn't necessary as Kinnock's approach would have resulted in a 1997 victory. Indeed, if he'd read the mood of the country right in 1992 he would have won then. But Corbyn is taking the party back to the days of Foot and we all remember how that ended up.

The country as a whole has moved on. There is no interest in nationalising everything again and have the public pay for it. Nuclear weapons are generally seen as a necessary evil. There are bigger battles to contest and these seem to be completely ignored; his reponse to the NI u-turn at Prime Minister's Questions would be hilarious if it wasn't from the so called Official Opposition.

Nuclear weapons may well be a necessary evil but systems like Trident are decades out of date and frankly worthless in the modern world.
It's an American system they want to use with us paying part of the bills
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:30 - Mar 21 with 1903 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:31 - Mar 21 by pointofblue

So in your view the world has moved on and the poor and vulnerable don't deserve a voice.

What a wonderful world it is.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:32 - Mar 21 with 1899 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:57 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Stop swerving. You have double standards. Just admit it.

BTW you never did come back to me about Richard Crossman the other day. Another greedy Tory?

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:34 - Mar 21 with 1884 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:32 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Of course you don't.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401496/3556072/how-can-george-osbourne-work-four-day

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:53 - Mar 21 with 1875 viewslowhouseblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:30 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

So in your view the world has moved on and the poor and vulnerable don't deserve a voice.

the poor and vulnerable are being denied an effective voice by people like you.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:58 - Mar 21 with 1863 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:53 - Mar 21 by lowhouseblue

the poor and vulnerable are being denied an effective voice by people like you.

People like me?

Please explain dear.
Login to get fewer ads

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:35 - Mar 21 with 1834 viewsArcher4721

Even the remainers are having a go now.

BBC accused of Brexit bias by more than 70 MPs in open letter

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/over-70-mps-write-open-letter-to-b
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:35 - Mar 21 with 1831 viewsfeelingblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:34 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Of course you don't.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401496/3556072/how-can-george-osbourne-work-four-day

Richard Crossman was a dreadful man, but tbf, the New Statesman is a weekly publication?
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:15 - Mar 21 with 1790 viewspointofblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:30 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

The poor asnd vulnerable need a clear, coherent vision and voice. Not someone still living in 1983 trying to take the country back there.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:25 - Mar 21 with 1775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:58 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

People like me?

Please explain dear.

Because people like you are far more interested in fighting the "tories" (anyone who happens to think Jezza is crap basically) in your own party than fighting the real Tories at a general election.

Winning the heart and soul of the Labour party is a bigger priority than winning the hearts and minds of the electorate.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 18:26]

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:36 - Mar 21 with 1776 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:15 - Mar 21 by pointofblue

The poor asnd vulnerable need a clear, coherent vision and voice. Not someone still living in 1983 trying to take the country back there.

But the poor and vulnerable haven't had a voice since 1983 from any party.

The only time they've voiced it was the Brexit vote when they said enough was enough.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:37 - Mar 21 with 1773 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:25 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Because people like you are far more interested in fighting the "tories" (anyone who happens to think Jezza is crap basically) in your own party than fighting the real Tories at a general election.

Winning the heart and soul of the Labour party is a bigger priority than winning the hearts and minds of the electorate.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 18:26]

I was asking the red tory for his views thanks not yours.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:38 - Mar 21 with 1764 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:37 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

I was asking the red tory for his views thanks not yours.

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:49 - Mar 21 with 1750 viewsSwansea_Blue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:35 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

Even the remainers are having a go now.

BBC accused of Brexit bias by more than 70 MPs in open letter

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/over-70-mps-write-open-letter-to-b

Is that good news compared to the Brexit-related predictions, or good news compared to forecasts made before the announcement of the referendum? Seems like it's the latter to me, but I'd have thought the pre-referendum announcement forecasts are a better baseline (for what forecasts are worth).

Also seems a bit rich them talking about bias when the Beeb gave UKIP more airtime than you can shake a stick at

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:04 - Mar 21 with 1739 viewspointofblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:36 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

But the poor and vulnerable haven't had a voice since 1983 from any party.

The only time they've voiced it was the Brexit vote when they said enough was enough.

And I acknowledge New Labour went too far in rebranding the party - but Corbyn's gone too far the other way.

Saying that, the biggest issue isn't where he stands on key issues but that he isn't an effective messenger; he doesn't sell the message and he isn't quick enough on his feet for the cut and thrust of the Commons.

The mess of the budget and subsequent u-turn should have been manna from heaven - he should have pushed it for all it's worth; why did they propose it in the first place, did they realise the affect this would have on the self employed, why did they consider lifting the rate as 'fair' considering the lack of sickness and holiday pay, isn't it true that this just proves the Tories are out for the rich and screw the poor in the process, how will they raise the money which was going to be collected by the NI changes, what does this mean for the working relationship between PM and Chancellor? But nothing. He got bogged down by something which, though important, was insignificant at the time.

If Labour want to be the Party of the left that's fair enough but they need someone who can handle modern day politics (not the policies but the gamesmanship) at the same time. I'm not sure if there is a MP on the left who might be effective at this... dare I say McDonnell given a chance would do a better job... but that's who they need if they want to give this a go.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:04 - Mar 21 with 1735 viewslowhouseblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:58 - Mar 21 by Archer4721

People like me?

Please explain dear.

people like you who think that being 20 points behind the tories is as sign of success.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 1636 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:04 - Mar 21 by lowhouseblue

people like you who think that being 20 points behind the tories is as sign of success.

I'm afraid it's people like you who are to blame for that.

You can't accept a democratic vote for your leader, continual sniping and blubbing for the last two years. No wonder people are put off.

You've done more damage to the Labour Party than Jeremy Corbyn could ever do.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:06 - Mar 22 with 1596 viewsArcher4721

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:04 - Mar 21 by pointofblue

And I acknowledge New Labour went too far in rebranding the party - but Corbyn's gone too far the other way.

Saying that, the biggest issue isn't where he stands on key issues but that he isn't an effective messenger; he doesn't sell the message and he isn't quick enough on his feet for the cut and thrust of the Commons.

The mess of the budget and subsequent u-turn should have been manna from heaven - he should have pushed it for all it's worth; why did they propose it in the first place, did they realise the affect this would have on the self employed, why did they consider lifting the rate as 'fair' considering the lack of sickness and holiday pay, isn't it true that this just proves the Tories are out for the rich and screw the poor in the process, how will they raise the money which was going to be collected by the NI changes, what does this mean for the working relationship between PM and Chancellor? But nothing. He got bogged down by something which, though important, was insignificant at the time.

If Labour want to be the Party of the left that's fair enough but they need someone who can handle modern day politics (not the policies but the gamesmanship) at the same time. I'm not sure if there is a MP on the left who might be effective at this... dare I say McDonnell given a chance would do a better job... but that's who they need if they want to give this a go.

Some fair balanced views there.

Well done.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 1589 viewsreusersfreekicks

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:35 - Mar 22 by Archer4721

I'm afraid it's people like you who are to blame for that.

You can't accept a democratic vote for your leader, continual sniping and blubbing for the last two years. No wonder people are put off.

You've done more damage to the Labour Party than Jeremy Corbyn could ever do.

You may not like it and I say this without prejudice but the Labour party will never win a majority with Corbyn or anyone else from that wing of the party in charge. The elctorate, the media and others just don't want it
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:40 - Mar 23 with 1538 viewsfeelingblue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:17 - Mar 22 by reusersfreekicks

You may not like it and I say this without prejudice but the Labour party will never win a majority with Corbyn or anyone else from that wing of the party in charge. The elctorate, the media and others just don't want it

Yes. That has been true since the beginning of time. Even Attlee's government, perhaps the most left wing we have had, only lasted one term.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 1524 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:17 - Mar 22 by reusersfreekicks

You are right but it is because the rw media will always distort what any labour policies may develop.
As we see now the midia chided Milliband for his policies but May, if she is truee to her lectern speeches, will adopt the same policies the rw media derided. With the countries public services in a total mess and the belt still to be tightened the public may change their mind and as they get deeper in debt and can't repay those debts that may consider what they signed up to wasn't such a good idea, but I would not hold your breath
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024