Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook 15:33 - Mar 23 with 8120 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The number of EDL and Britain first stuff I've seen being shared from old school mates, etc.

Normal people most of the time and then suddenly they become racists. Commenting stuff like 'this is what happens when you allow muslims into this country'. Or sharing that photo of the woman on her phone on the bridge with the hijab (think that's what it's called) on whilst there's an injured person on the floor being attended to.

Like seriously.. it's incredible how many people lose their senses. Blaming a whole religion for the actions of one c**t.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:31 - Mar 23 with 981 viewsSarge

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:25 - Mar 23 by Benters

Radicalized Muslims should be booted out they mean us harm.

Yeah but if they're born in Britain and British citizens where are you going to boot them out to?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:31 - Mar 23 with 971 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:29 - Mar 23 by taximan

so did i use the m word or not ?

You said whatever religion it is should be banned.

Why should a whole religion be banned?

Even if he was Christian, Hindu, Muslim or whatever, why should a whole religion be banned because of the actions of one nutter?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:32 - Mar 23 with 967 viewsRyorry

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 19:37 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

'perhaps too thoughtful'

Jesus.

Nah, tbf, this is the internet generation & I think there's a grain of truth (albeit a v. small one) in what B or T says - I do think most people would be happier and fitter, both physically and mentally, if they spent less time on the net and more outside actually doing stuff like sport, socializing etc (that goes for me too, before anyone else says it!!). (This doesn't, of course, necessitate being less thoughtful).

That's not to say the internet isn't incredibly useful in disseminating good & proper info - sites like this, for instances, where often tricky subjects are discussed, are great, because there are often genuine experts contributing, there's healthy debate where any stupidity is quickly found out & challenged, and real excesses are moderated out.

Caring passionately about stuff -> putting a lot of thought into what's right and wrong about the world, quite obviously goes with the territory of being young (albeit not exclusively so of course) and having the energy and enthusiasm of youth (something Taxi probably forgot quite a long time ago!). These days I guess it's more likely to be expressed online than in political debates in meeting halls.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:33 - Mar 23 with 966 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:31 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Even if he was Christian, Hindu, Muslim or whatever, why should a whole religion be banned because of the actions of one nutter?

so i didn't use the m word ?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:34 - Mar 23 with 951 viewsblueislander

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:21 - Mar 23 by taximan

but no mention of the m word, which you specifically stated that i used several times throughout this thread

were you hoping for more than 8 uppies with the op ?

To which "barbaric religion" were you referring?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:36 - Mar 23 with 939 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:34 - Mar 23 by blueislander

To which "barbaric religion" were you referring?

any religion that brainwashes people into this type of behaviour
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:43 - Mar 23 with 906 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:36 - Mar 23 by taximan

So the lack of the actual word 'Muslim' is irrelevant

The lack of using it is absolutely irrelevant to the point you were making

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 897 viewsfooters

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:43 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

So the lack of the actual word 'Muslim' is irrelevant

The lack of using it is absolutely irrelevant to the point you were making

But it's on his mind for some strange reason. Wonder why?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 896 viewsblueislander

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:36 - Mar 23 by taximan

Didn't you say "this" barbaric religion, so I assume you did have one in mind.
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 880 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:44 - Mar 23 by blueislander

He's doing the proverbial backtracking

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 879 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:44 - Mar 23 by blueislander

assume as much as you like

i'll stick to the facts
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 880 viewsThePitBoss

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:31 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

It isn't just one nutter though. There are 100s of muslims in the UK who want to kill you, your family, my family, anyone, in the name of islam.

There are plenty of good muslims, and it's about time they rise up against extremism and do more to stamp it out from within.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 20:47]
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:48 - Mar 23 with 869 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

He's doing the proverbial backtracking

no i'm not

answer my question

did i, or did i not use the m word ?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:51 - Mar 23 with 848 viewsRyorry

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:48 - Mar 23 by taximan

no i'm not

answer my question

You simply used weasel words. Think on't.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 822 viewsfooters

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:48 - Mar 23 by taximan

no i'm not

answer my question

Answer my question: why do you keep bringing it up? We all know why.

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 820 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:51 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

You simply used weasel words. Think on't.

so as far as you can see i didn't use the m word ?

thanks
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 821 viewsblueislander

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 by taximan

assume as much as you like

i'll stick to the facts

And " the facts" are?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 with 812 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 by footers

Answer my question: why do you keep bringing it up? We all know why.

bringing what up ?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 801 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 by blueislander

And " the facts" are?

i didn't use the m word

all religion is b0ll0x

especially those that preach and practice hate
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:58 - Mar 23 with 790 viewsfooters

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 by taximan

bringing what up ?

The question of "the m word" as you call it. Go on, say what you mean. This Top Gear-esque evasion only works because you haven't actually said what you actually mean, but language is almost completely contextual. Like I said, we all know.

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:00 - Mar 23 with 778 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:58 - Mar 23 by footers

The question of "the m word" as you call it. Go on, say what you mean. This Top Gear-esque evasion only works because you haven't actually said what you actually mean, but language is almost completely contextual. Like I said, we all know.

young man from romford says i used the m word

i say i didn't

young man from romford gone a bit quiet when it comes to answering my question

that sums it up
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:04 - Mar 23 with 760 viewstaximan

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:00 - Mar 23 by taximan

i say i didn't

that sums it up

as much as i would like to stay and chat, i have work to do

may god be with you
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:20 - Mar 23 with 730 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:00 - Mar 23 by taximan

i say i didn't

that sums it up

I wasn't online actually. Was eating dinner.

I've made it clear that whether you did or did not use the word is irrelevant as you say that the religion, whichever that is (even though it was obvious you were talking about Muslims), should be banned

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:21 - Mar 23 with 724 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:46 - Mar 23 by ThePitBoss

It isn't just one nutter though. There are 100s of muslims in the UK who want to kill you, your family, my family, anyone, in the name of islam.

There are plenty of good muslims, and it's about time they rise up against extremism and do more to stamp it out from within.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 20:47]

Ah but Taxi was denying that he was talking about Muslims.

He was talking about this specific attack and whatever religion it is should be banned. Apparently. In which case this attack should be spoken about as one nutter.

He can't have it both ways

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:27 - Mar 23 with 705 viewsJ2BLUE

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:21 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Ah but Taxi was denying that he was talking about Muslims.

He was talking about this specific attack and whatever religion it is should be banned. Apparently. In which case this attack should be spoken about as one nutter.

He can't have it both ways

Walk away mate. Everyone can see you're right and he's arguing on a very thinly veiled technicality.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024