Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang on mick 16:26 - Apr 3 with 2508 viewsFrimleyBlue

Abuse pretty much since he signed....

Really have we?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hang on mick on 21:17 - Apr 3 with 544 viewsDubtractor

Hang on mick on 21:04 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Think it goes back a few years now, Scowy had an awful time of it when he was coming through (people actually handed out 'Scowcroft 10 get off!' flyers outside the ground), Matt Richards was another, even Tommy Smith got an awful lot of abuse, not just on the field but on social media.

To be honest, the abuse Scowy used to get was probably worse than anything now.

A large chunk of the North had a serious issue with him in the team ahead of Mathie.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hang on mick on 21:20 - Apr 3 with 532 viewsTractorWood

Thought he was a great signing when announced. Goalscoring midfielder who was part of that quality Brentford side. Clearly hasn't lived up to it. He was decent at Wolves away earlier in the season, just feel like he's about 1 second behind player which has led to some horribly clumsy challenges.

Hasn't deserved the abuse he's received, but I think people dislike what he's seen to represent. Which is Mick player his older 'top pros' and stifling our already uncreative midfield. MM also often goes overboard when defending players too, remember when he came out around October and said JD could solve our goalscoring drought?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hang on mick on 21:29 - Apr 3 with 528 viewsTrequartista

Hang on mick on 20:43 - Apr 3 by BackToRussia

O, so you know football? Good to know, I'll just listen to you in future.

Funny how everyone who "knows football" didn't see this mess coming.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hang on mick on 21:43 - Apr 3 with 509 viewsPhilTWTD

Hang on mick on 21:05 - Apr 3 by BackToRussia

Are you saying that's exceptional? Like ITFC is worse than other clubs for that.

Not sure, think the Scowy stuff was a bit of a low and not heard of that happening anywhere else. Think the Douglas stuff has been somewhat over the top but is probably down to the general malaise as much as his own performances.

Tony Kinsella has told some less than pleasant tales of being a young player at Millwall in the late 70s/early 80s and what flew in his direction coming off the field at half-time, however.
Hang on mick on 21:49 - Apr 3 with 497 viewsBackToRussia

Hang on mick on 21:43 - Apr 3 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, think the Scowy stuff was a bit of a low and not heard of that happening anywhere else. Think the Douglas stuff has been somewhat over the top but is probably down to the general malaise as much as his own performances.

Tony Kinsella has told some less than pleasant tales of being a young player at Millwall in the late 70s/early 80s and what flew in his direction coming off the field at half-time, however.

Not heard of that anywhere else? Lord, I imagine it's happened at every club in the country at some point or another. It takes a lot to get the Town crowd worked up about anything. Barring a few nasty flashpoints we're like docile sheep. Or zombies as it's been put.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hang on mick on 21:53 - Apr 3 with 482 viewsPhilTWTD

Hang on mick on 21:49 - Apr 3 by BackToRussia

Not heard of that anywhere else? Lord, I imagine it's happened at every club in the country at some point or another. It takes a lot to get the Town crowd worked up about anything. Barring a few nasty flashpoints we're like docile sheep. Or zombies as it's been put.

Have to say I've never heard of a young player being given that sort of treatment anywhere else. Wasn't really treated as 'one of our own', to coin the cliche.
Hang on mick on 21:56 - Apr 3 with 476 viewsPhilTWTD

Hang on mick on 21:17 - Apr 3 by Dubtractor

To be honest, the abuse Scowy used to get was probably worse than anything now.

A large chunk of the North had a serious issue with him in the team ahead of Mathie.

You may well be right, a while back now. Unsurprisingly had an effect on the player but fortunately not long-term and he was the Supporters Player of the Year in the promotion season.
Hang on mick on 22:08 - Apr 3 with 454 viewsSomethingBlue

Hang on mick on 21:29 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

Funny how everyone who "knows football" didn't see this mess coming.

I've been quite consistent in the last few years in my concerns about Town's place in the world — but do carry on.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024