Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... 18:01 - Apr 19 with 2463 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somebody needs to tell the BBC that she was Remain...

Edit R4 news this afternoon was wondering whether the Brexit parties (they said Conservative and Ukip) might decide not to stand against each other......when did this become the accepted narrative??....surely the only Brexit election vote should be Ukip, let them sort it out ! By their logic how is Labour not a Brexit party?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 22:52]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:15 - Apr 19 with 1015 viewsMJallday

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 18:06 - Apr 19 by BergholtBru

"Was". But she has had the decency to realize that as PM she is there to deliver what the people want and not what she wants or wanted. The whole point of calling a GE was to clear the way for her to get Brexit done. Hence, if you vote for her you are voting for Brexit.

not quite. even if that green hippy carolyn lucas got in, brexit is happening.

you really think the EU are going to now turn around and say "hey, ok we'll just forget all about the fact you told us to feck off"

you really think the people of britain are going to accept a reversal of article 50? it would be career suicide - in fact it would probably invoke riots like youve never seen

brexit is happening - its inconsequential whos doing it

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:20 - Apr 19 with 1009 viewsWeWereZombies

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:15 - Apr 19 by MJallday

not quite. even if that green hippy carolyn lucas got in, brexit is happening.

you really think the EU are going to now turn around and say "hey, ok we'll just forget all about the fact you told us to feck off"

you really think the people of britain are going to accept a reversal of article 50? it would be career suicide - in fact it would probably invoke riots like youve never seen

brexit is happening - its inconsequential whos doing it

So this is your idea of democracy - because it is looking increasingly likely that something that only 38% of those entitled to vote thought was a good idea a year ago you are entitled to riot?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:33 - Apr 19 with 989 viewsMJallday

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:20 - Apr 19 by WeWereZombies

So this is your idea of democracy - because it is looking increasingly likely that something that only 38% of those entitled to vote thought was a good idea a year ago you are entitled to riot?

my idea of democracy is carrying out the wishes of the majority of people who voted for something. which is exactly what is happening.

the people who didnt vote - dont really have a right to complain im afraid.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:47 - Apr 19 with 976 viewsJ2BLUE

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:20 - Apr 19 by WeWereZombies

I don't see why people keep mentioning those who were eligible to vote but didn't bother. They are irrelevant. If they cared they would have voted.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 23:47 - Apr 19 with 948 viewsWeWereZombies

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:47 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

I don't see why people keep mentioning those who were eligible to vote but didn't bother. They are irrelevant. If they cared they would have voted.

Nice to know that you can just jettison people who were confused and undecided, really comforting and democratic. Sorry to disturb you by mentioning it.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 23:50 - Apr 19 with 947 viewsWeWereZombies

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:33 - Apr 19 by MJallday

my idea of democracy is carrying out the wishes of the majority of people who voted for something. which is exactly what is happening.

It is not an overwhelming mandate though and you know it, which is why many who voted Leave are so insecure about the probability of failure and are trying to railroad the rest of us into a more uncertain future.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:34 - Apr 20 with 903 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 23:50 - Apr 19 by WeWereZombies

It is not an overwhelming mandate though and you know it, which is why many who voted Leave are so insecure about the probability of failure and are trying to railroad the rest of us into a more uncertain future.

Most manifestos are a little like a bag of manure with a few hidden sweeties.....but the votes of, usually a minority, give the winners a claim to legitimately empty the bag all over us. At least P.R. would represent the sh1t approved by the majority !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:37 - Apr 20 with 899 viewsNo9

I don't believe she was ever a politician that wanted anything other than what would satisfy her ego.
She was never a commited European
We shall have to wait to she if she has the courage to set out, in a proper manifest what she currently guards like any control freak.

A dishonest and dangerous woman
Login to get fewer ads

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:40 - Apr 20 with 898 viewsNo9

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 18:08 - Apr 19 by feelingblue

Still is.
She is calling this election so that she can try to negotiate the best possible deal for leaving the EU. Something like the Norway deal.

I disagree, she is going to move the tories well to the right, the only question is whether she will have the decency to reveal just how far before the election -
I very much doubt it

As the bloke in the Indy said this is to confirm her as the leader of the hard right, a view echoed by the right winger Michael Howard on the radio yesterday
Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:42 - Apr 20 with 900 viewschristiand

I can't see why Teresa May doesn't just admit the real reason why she is calling an election is that her rivals are currently at their weakest instead of hiding behind the Brexit excuse? I suspect she'd get more respect for being honest, besides the majority of us would agree too!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:48 - Apr 20 with 897 viewsNo9

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 22:33 - Apr 19 by MJallday

It was a gamble by Cameron that a lot of those who didn't want to leave would actually not turn out so the leave would win.
As we are learning now and was always said to be the case by his assistant Cameron was never for staying in the EU anyway which is why he never put any sensible limitations e.g. there must be a 65% majority etc. on the referendum.
To put so much risk on the UK was doen purely for political expediency and may well create a lot of problems particularly for the less well paid
Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 880 viewsnbsiyag

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 08:42 - Apr 20 by christiand

I can't see why Teresa May doesn't just admit the real reason why she is calling an election is that her rivals are currently at their weakest instead of hiding behind the Brexit excuse? I suspect she'd get more respect for being honest, besides the majority of us would agree too!

So much for "now is not the time"! She wants to go to the country now, when nobody knows what Brexit is/will be. There will be a jingoistic rallying of the nation to the flag, not dissimilar to the August 1914 cries of "We'll be in Berlin by Christmas"

She knows full well however that it is going to be a complete fiasco. Unlike the naive belief held by little Englanders , that it is a negotiation between two equal parties, it is the UK versus 27 other countries whose populations are now convinced more than ever that we are duplicitous, self-interested imbeciles wallowing in the past. The other 27 will believe they have a mandate from their electorates to punish us and extract everything they can from us. There will certainly be no deal unless we pay up front the hefty divorce settlement. As for the wishful thinking that the Germans will go easy on us because they want to continue to sell their cars to us, these are luxury items and we will have to pay more for them as we will for most of the NHS's medical equipment.. We will on the other hand most probably lose most of our financial services sector to them.

She simply dares not be honest and refuses to debate on TV. Anyone who disagrees or questions her will be branded unpatriotic and an enemy of the state.

Once the country becomes aware of what the huge cost will be, whoever is in charge will be held to blame and be unelectable. That is why the Tories are desperate to get a five year term underway from June 8th. By 2022 they are hoping that some of the sh!t can cleaned off the fan and they can cling on to power.
Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 09:45 - Apr 20 with 875 viewsNo9

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 09:37 - Apr 20 by nbsiyag

So much for "now is not the time"! She wants to go to the country now, when nobody knows what Brexit is/will be. There will be a jingoistic rallying of the nation to the flag, not dissimilar to the August 1914 cries of "We'll be in Berlin by Christmas"

She knows full well however that it is going to be a complete fiasco. Unlike the naive belief held by little Englanders , that it is a negotiation between two equal parties, it is the UK versus 27 other countries whose populations are now convinced more than ever that we are duplicitous, self-interested imbeciles wallowing in the past. The other 27 will believe they have a mandate from their electorates to punish us and extract everything they can from us. There will certainly be no deal unless we pay up front the hefty divorce settlement. As for the wishful thinking that the Germans will go easy on us because they want to continue to sell their cars to us, these are luxury items and we will have to pay more for them as we will for most of the NHS's medical equipment.. We will on the other hand most probably lose most of our financial services sector to them.

She simply dares not be honest and refuses to debate on TV. Anyone who disagrees or questions her will be branded unpatriotic and an enemy of the state.

Once the country becomes aware of what the huge cost will be, whoever is in charge will be held to blame and be unelectable. That is why the Tories are desperate to get a five year term underway from June 8th. By 2022 they are hoping that some of the sh!t can cleaned off the fan and they can cling on to power.

Michael Howard made it very clear yesterday that this is to give the hard right of the tory party the manadate to leave the Eu under the terms they tell Mrs May they want. It was very clear, no ambiguity we leave - No single market - No customs union = OUT!
It seems pretty straightforward that to remain PM Mrs May has acceeded to their demands.

It seems likely that if (when) they win she will be told to get out ASAP no matter what the consequences.
Howard was blunt to the point that those who voted remain don't really matter, they lost and must accept what the winners demand.
Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 11:01 - Apr 20 with 847 viewsJ2BLUE

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 23:47 - Apr 19 by WeWereZombies

Nice to know that you can just jettison people who were confused and undecided, really comforting and democratic. Sorry to disturb you by mentioning it.

I don't think it is unfair to say that someone could have come to a conclusion in the time they had. We knew the referendum was coming for ages. There were loads of unbiased sources on both sides making valid points. People didn't have to just watch the debates, they could have read up on the EU themselves and vote accordingly.

It seems the remain side want to claim non voters to outnumber the leave voters. I think that's wrong.

If non voters have developed a strong feeling for remain since the referendum they can now vote for the Lib Dems.

Truly impaired.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 13:30 - Apr 20 with 810 viewsWeWereZombies

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 11:01 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

I don't think it is unfair to say that someone could have come to a conclusion in the time they had. We knew the referendum was coming for ages. There were loads of unbiased sources on both sides making valid points. People didn't have to just watch the debates, they could have read up on the EU themselves and vote accordingly.

It seems the remain side want to claim non voters to outnumber the leave voters. I think that's wrong.

If non voters have developed a strong feeling for remain since the referendum they can now vote for the Lib Dems.

You have more or less settled it for me, I have to vote Lib Dem because Corbyn has no real interest in working people and will makes poor decisions.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 13:34 - Apr 20 with 797 viewsJ2BLUE

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 13:30 - Apr 20 by WeWereZombies

You have more or less settled it for me, I have to vote Lib Dem because Corbyn has no real interest in working people and will makes poor decisions.

Good luck. If Brexit is overturned I will accept it is democracy in action.

Truly impaired.

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 13:37 - Apr 20 with 795 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Since when did a vote for May become a vote for Brexit.... on 18:08 - Apr 19 by feelingblue

Still is.
She is calling this election so that she can try to negotiate the best possible deal for leaving the EU. Something like the Norway deal.

No she isn't. May has made it clear the UK will be leaving the single market - a hard brexit. Norway has access to the single market in return for a financial contribution to EU and freedom of movement.

The Labour/ Corbyn (or Keir Starmer) version of Brexit is something like a Norway deal.

The choice is really quite clear: Tories (Hard Brexit) vs. Other (Brexit, but single Market)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024