Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment 10:24 - Apr 26 with 3537 viewsGlasgowBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39709322

An over reaction or necessary example to make?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:28 - Apr 26 with 2647 viewstaximan

not surprised

but a massive over reaction
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:31 - Apr 26 with 2636 viewsWeWereZombies

Thought he was badly treated by Man U but i have gone right off him now. Doubt if he will see the season out let alone be with them when they come to Portman Road now.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:32 - Apr 26 with 2632 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:28 - Apr 26 by taximan

not surprised

but a massive over reaction

Agreed....not an issue if said to a man, so same to a woman, in this instance. The film of the incident shows it was not malicious.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:43 - Apr 26 with 2600 viewsTLA

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:32 - Apr 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Agreed....not an issue if said to a man, so same to a woman, in this instance. The film of the incident shows it was not malicious.

I think context is so important. The same comments in a aggressive manner to a stranger would be completely unacceptable: watching the footage, it doesn't seem that way.

We can make jokes with friends that in other areas of life would be massively inappropriate. I guess in the public eye and at a press conference, people are going to have to learn to button it.
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:46 - Apr 26 with 2588 viewstaximan

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:43 - Apr 26 by TLA

I think context is so important. The same comments in a aggressive manner to a stranger would be completely unacceptable: watching the footage, it doesn't seem that way.

We can make jokes with friends that in other areas of life would be massively inappropriate. I guess in the public eye and at a press conference, people are going to have to learn to button it.

surely the FA don't think it is a literal comment ?
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:51 - Apr 26 with 2582 viewsWeWereZombies

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:46 - Apr 26 by taximan

surely the FA don't think it is a literal comment ?

He said it humorously this time but there was an underlying threat there. I doubt he would slap her but if she finds herself excluded from the press room at some time in the future she may think he really meant it. Beginning of intimidation isn't it? I know he is under pressure but managers must expect questions like this and it is not as if she asked him whether he was going to be sacked in the morning.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:55 - Apr 26 with 2566 viewsBlueBadger

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:43 - Apr 26 by TLA

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/402752/3573063/#.WQBuNFKZN4I

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 11:05 - Apr 26 with 2531 viewshochiblue

On the positive side, at least he didn't call her "hennie"!
Login to get fewer ads

on 13:14 - Apr 26 with 2439 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:51 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

He said it humorously this time but there was an underlying threat there. I doubt he would slap her but if she finds herself excluded from the press room at some time in the future she may think he really meant it. Beginning of intimidation isn't it? I know he is under pressure but managers must expect questions like this and it is not as if she asked him whether he was going to be sacked in the morning.

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:10 - Apr 26 with 2382 viewstaximan

on 13:14 - Apr 26 by _

good god
on 15:17 - Apr 26 with 2369 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:10 - Apr 26 by taximan

good god

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:22 - Apr 26 with 2357 viewstaximan

on 15:17 - Apr 26 by _

so you are suggesting the woman literally thought that moyes was going to slap her ?

now, if he had slapped the lady, then obviously he should be punished accordingly

it was a tongue in cheek comment, that is being blown out of all proportion
on 15:25 - Apr 26 with 2355 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:22 - Apr 26 by taximan

so you are suggesting the woman literally thought that moyes was going to slap her ?

now, if he had slapped the lady, then obviously he should be punished accordingly

it was a tongue in cheek comment, that is being blown out of all proportion

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:34 - Apr 26 with 2336 viewstaximan

on 15:25 - Apr 26 by _

"violent language"

i'm so glad that i appear to live in a different world to you
on 15:36 - Apr 26 with 2335 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:34 - Apr 26 by taximan

"violent language"

i'm so glad that i appear to live in a different world to you

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:43 - Apr 26 with 2316 viewstaximan

on 15:36 - Apr 26 by _

he was never going to literally slap her though was he ?

anyway, 12 months in prison should teach him a lesson

i guess that what you mean by "throwing the book" at him

or do you literally expect the FA to throw hardback copies of their handbook at him as his punishment ?
on 15:46 - Apr 26 with 2311 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 15:43 - Apr 26 by taximan

he was never going to literally slap her though was he ?

anyway, 12 months in prison should teach him a lesson

i guess that what you mean by "throwing the book" at him

or do you literally expect the FA to throw hardback copies of their handbook at him as his punishment ?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 16:45 - Apr 26 with 2250 viewstaximan

on 15:46 - Apr 26 by _

so not everything is a literal interpretation ??

no further questions your honour
David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 16:51 - Apr 26 with 2239 viewsvapour_trail

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 16:45 - Apr 26 by taximan

so not everything is a literal interpretation ??

no further questions your honour

Ha ha. He's done you there libbers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:08 - Apr 26 with 2213 viewsvapour_trail

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 10:31 - Apr 26 by WeWereZombies

Thought he was badly treated by Man U but i have gone right off him now. Doubt if he will see the season out let alone be with them when they come to Portman Road now.

If Sunderland wanted shot of him, they could have done it after this incident, so I assume he will be in post in the championship next season.

Think the FA should have let this one slide really.

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:14 - Apr 26 with 2202 viewsGlasgowBlue

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:08 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

If Sunderland wanted shot of him, they could have done it after this incident, so I assume he will be in post in the championship next season.

Think the FA should have let this one slide really.

They can't keep sacking managers and would have had an eye on how Newcastle succeeded by keeping Benitez at the club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:41 - Apr 26 with 2166 viewsvapour_trail

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:14 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

They can't keep sacking managers and would have had an eye on how Newcastle succeeded by keeping Benitez at the club.

I reckon they can. But they could have done a few rises with Moyes and haven't.

Very different to the georgies I think. They went down fighting and with the fan base desperate for Rafael to stay. Mackems have gone down like the Villa and they don't appear to like Moyes. Think they'll do better than the villa next season though with a half decent start.

on 17:49 - Apr 26 with 2158 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 16:51 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

Ha ha. He's done you there libbers.

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:55 - Apr 26 with 2144 viewsvapour_trail

on 17:49 - Apr 26 by _

I beg to differ. He's applied context. Sometimes you've got to admit you've been played.

on 18:12 - Apr 26 with 2117 views_

David Moyes charged by the FA over slap comment on 17:55 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

I beg to differ. He's applied context. Sometimes you've got to admit you've been played.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024