Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Underrated foods 12:05 - Apr 26 with 8095 viewsReuser_is_God

Tinned spaghetti bolognese.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Underrated foods on 14:13 - Apr 26 with 2051 viewsNewcyBlue

Underrated foods on 14:04 - Apr 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Decent.

Though a bit expensive when you go through your shopping list at the tills at the supermarket. There have been some belting meals that I still use, Turkey meatballs for lunch being one that I have most days.

Things like Asian Duck Salad and Tuna Steak salsa are so easy, it's basically cook a whole load of meat and then stir fry some of: Courgette, Pepper, Asparagus, Spinach, Brocolli etc. and then eat.

Simple, effective, very tasty (though some can be avoided) but also pretty costly
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 14:05]

Cost isn't really an issue. I do make Turkey burgers at home. With the right seasoning they are lovely, cook them on one of those George Foreman Grills too.

He has a few books, do you recommend a particular one?

Cheers.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

on 14:14 - Apr 26 with 2051 views_

Underrated foods on 14:04 - Apr 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Decent.

Though a bit expensive when you go through your shopping list at the tills at the supermarket. There have been some belting meals that I still use, Turkey meatballs for lunch being one that I have most days.

Things like Asian Duck Salad and Tuna Steak salsa are so easy, it's basically cook a whole load of meat and then stir fry some of: Courgette, Pepper, Asparagus, Spinach, Brocolli etc. and then eat.

Simple, effective, very tasty (though some can be avoided) but also pretty costly
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 14:05]

Underrated foods on 14:27 - Apr 26 with 2035 viewshype313

on 13:55 - Apr 26 by _

Before my wedding I replaced carbs for protein and lost considerable amounts of weight and remarkably kept it going as I found it quite easy. You can get things like ready made cauliflower rice for chili con carne and other bits.

Joe Wicks is a decent book, but it is quite pricey with all the ingredients, and easier if you have time to pre plan and cook in job lots, unfortunately I'm not that organised.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Underrated foods on 14:30 - Apr 26 with 2031 viewsGodzilla

Tin of Heinz tomato soup (with buttered fresh crusty bread). Fish fingers (in white sliced bread with Heinz tomato ketchup).
on 14:30 - Apr 26 with 2030 views_

Underrated foods on 14:27 - Apr 26 by hype313

Before my wedding I replaced carbs for protein and lost considerable amounts of weight and remarkably kept it going as I found it quite easy. You can get things like ready made cauliflower rice for chili con carne and other bits.

Joe Wicks is a decent book, but it is quite pricey with all the ingredients, and easier if you have time to pre plan and cook in job lots, unfortunately I'm not that organised.

Underrated foods on 14:32 - Apr 26 with 2027 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

on 14:14 - Apr 26 by _

Now tucking into Turkey meatballs for lunch.. Tend to make a huge batch of it early in the week to last a good few days. Added Black eyed beans into this weeks after having an oversupply from one of my weekend meals.

As for which book is best. I only have the one, though plan on getting another as we're getting to the point of having tried most of the meals in the book we have. I think they're all pretty similar but the one I use has a 'Low carb' section a 'post workout' section and 'snacks' section, which I must confess the beetroot brownies have been a surprise success. Also the protein flapjack is so easy and pretty tasty too so that's a popular evening snack from our cupboards
Underrated foods on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 2021 viewsJ2BLUE

Underrated foods on 13:49 - Apr 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

One of the best ways to shift a bit of weight is to cut down on carbs..

Bread, Pasta etc. are fine if you exercise and are in good shape/health. I have tried to shift weight for a while and only made reasonable progress when I replaced carbs for other protein items and/or veg as they don't bloat you as much and I feel healthier for it.

It's like a cave man diet, just Meat and veg and clubbing dinosaurs round the head.

I used to be a massive fan of Atkins diet. I spent 6 months on it and lost loads of weight. I just no longer believe that cutting carbs is any better than just restricting calories for weight loss. It might make it easier to avoid junk by not allowing any carbs and protein/fat is more satiating than the carbs most people eat but the same amount of calories from high carb vs low carb makes no difference.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Underrated foods on 14:48 - Apr 26 with 1996 viewsNewcyBlue

Underrated foods on 14:35 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

I used to be a massive fan of Atkins diet. I spent 6 months on it and lost loads of weight. I just no longer believe that cutting carbs is any better than just restricting calories for weight loss. It might make it easier to avoid junk by not allowing any carbs and protein/fat is more satiating than the carbs most people eat but the same amount of calories from high carb vs low carb makes no difference.

From what I have seen myself, as long as calories in is less than calories expended I lose weight. I lose more fat if I eat more proteins than carbs as part of that.

I have lost more weight doing fasted cardio and fasted weights sessions than on weeks I have done my gym a few hours after eating.

It seems all these Men's Health magazines etc would go out of business if they just printed that, they need to find science or information to back up other theories to keep selling magazines.

Hopefully I maintain my goals when I get home and continue on to be a fit healthy happy father to my boy.

Login to get fewer ads

Underrated foods on 14:52 - Apr 26 with 1990 viewsJ2BLUE

Underrated foods on 14:48 - Apr 26 by NewcyBlue

From what I have seen myself, as long as calories in is less than calories expended I lose weight. I lose more fat if I eat more proteins than carbs as part of that.

I have lost more weight doing fasted cardio and fasted weights sessions than on weeks I have done my gym a few hours after eating.

It seems all these Men's Health magazines etc would go out of business if they just printed that, they need to find science or information to back up other theories to keep selling magazines.

Hopefully I maintain my goals when I get home and continue on to be a fit healthy happy father to my boy.

Yea that sounds right. Eating more protein changes the composition of what is lost slightly from lean mass to more fat which is obviously a good thing.

Equal calories with protein intake at the same level = no difference in fat loss.

I shoot for 100g protein a day. I probably average about 115g. Can't be doing more than that as I don't particularly want to eat more meat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Underrated foods on 15:01 - Apr 26 with 1976 viewsNewcyBlue

Underrated foods on 14:52 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

Yea that sounds right. Eating more protein changes the composition of what is lost slightly from lean mass to more fat which is obviously a good thing.

Equal calories with protein intake at the same level = no difference in fat loss.

I shoot for 100g protein a day. I probably average about 115g. Can't be doing more than that as I don't particularly want to eat more meat.

Do you still get your meat from musclefood.com?

Any good?

Underrated foods on 15:12 - Apr 26 with 1960 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just question what you hear about protein diets. We're in a fad phase right now and there's a good body of work that suggests our current habits are not good for us at all.

I know you've said before you read around the subject of nutrition, so if you haven't seen this book it might be worth a look. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Proteinaholic-Obsession-Meat-Killing-About/dp/006227930

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 15:15 - Apr 26 with 1952 views_

Underrated foods on 15:01 - Apr 26 by NewcyBlue

Do you still get your meat from musclefood.com?

Any good?

Underrated foods on 16:49 - Apr 26 with 1924 viewsStokieBlue

Underrated foods on 12:15 - Apr 26 by Reuser_is_God

I'm addicted.

Had it for lunches at work for 2 weeks now & it's saved me a small fortune @ 40p a can.

It'll save you even more when you die from lack of nutrients if you base your diet on it.

Disgusting stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Underrated foods on 17:36 - Apr 26 with 1897 viewsstrikalite

There was a study from the international journal of obesity that divided students into three groups...

1, skipped breakfast 0 grams of protein
2. normal protein 18 grams
3. High protein 48 grams

The high protein group reported more satiation with less hunger at varying times throughout the day.....the normal protein group ate virtually the same amount at lunch as the breakfast skippers, whilst the 48 gram eaters ate less..

Interesting how skipping breakfast thinking you'll consume less calories throughout the day works the opposite way, 40% of Americans skip breakfast or consume next to no protein...
Underrated foods on 17:45 - Apr 26 with 1885 viewsjpring89

Lamb leftovers from a sunday roast with Yoghurt and mint sauce in a bap.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Underrated foods on 17:55 - Apr 26 with 1872 viewschicoazul

Are eggs under-rated? I dont know. But you just cannot beat 3 fried eggs with tabasco on toast. Add the tabasco while the eggs are cooking before the white turns white.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Underrated foods on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 1861 viewsLord_Lucan

Underrated foods on 17:36 - Apr 26 by strikalite

There was a study from the international journal of obesity that divided students into three groups...

1, skipped breakfast 0 grams of protein
2. normal protein 18 grams
3. High protein 48 grams

The high protein group reported more satiation with less hunger at varying times throughout the day.....the normal protein group ate virtually the same amount at lunch as the breakfast skippers, whilst the 48 gram eaters ate less..

Interesting how skipping breakfast thinking you'll consume less calories throughout the day works the opposite way, 40% of Americans skip breakfast or consume next to no protein...

It's actually difficult to eat breakfast when you smoke. I usually wake up a bit peckish but after a couple of fags I have no appetite.

I eat once a day, well I have dinner and then graze on other things until I go to bed at 01.00.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Underrated foods on 18:01 - Apr 26 with 1858 viewsReuser_is_God

Underrated foods on 17:45 - Apr 26 by jpring89

Lamb leftovers from a sunday roast with Yoghurt and mint sauce in a bap.

That sounds superb.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Underrated foods on 18:03 - Apr 26 with 1854 viewsNewcyBlue

Underrated foods on 17:55 - Apr 26 by chicoazul

Are eggs under-rated? I dont know. But you just cannot beat 3 fried eggs with tabasco on toast. Add the tabasco while the eggs are cooking before the white turns white.

Or if J2 is cooking them, he adds the Tabasco between putting the eggs in the pan and calling the fire brigade...

Underrated foods on 18:04 - Apr 26 with 1848 viewsvapour_trail

Underrated foods on 13:35 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

I get very unfair stick on here. I'd be a superb cook on your boat. Get me on there and you'll see. I guarantee your chicken will be cooked.

I guarantee your chicken will be cooked.

Euphemism alert.

Pugwash, I think j2 may be coming on to you again. Any port in a storm, eh!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Underrated foods on 18:08 - Apr 26 with 1836 viewsNewcyBlue

Underrated foods on 18:04 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

I guarantee your chicken will be cooked.

Euphemism alert.

Pugwash, I think j2 may be coming on to you again. Any port in a storm, eh!

He better not turn up in a dress asking if I am a breast or a thigh man... Could probably be the thing that makes me jump overboard!

Underrated foods on 18:09 - Apr 26 with 1833 viewsvapour_trail

Underrated foods on 17:55 - Apr 26 by chicoazul

I don't think eggs can be classified under rated.

They're an essential.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

on 18:16 - Apr 26 with 1817 views_

Underrated foods on 18:09 - Apr 26 by vapour_trail

I don't think eggs can be classified under rated.

They're an essential.

Underrated foods on 18:19 - Apr 26 with 1811 viewsBackToRussia

on 18:16 - Apr 26 by _

Ya big fookin Jessie

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Underrated foods on 18:20 - Apr 26 with 1807 viewsNewcyBlue

on 18:16 - Apr 26 by _

For me, eggs have to be under done. Snotty is just about right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024