Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most overrated town player ever? 14:18 - Apr 27 with 14485 viewsHarryWright

I'll start, Bialkowski. The most average keeper hyped up to be something he's not, Counago is a close second though.
The most overrated town player ever? on 18:45 - Apr 27 with 3743 viewsconnorscontract

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:41 - Apr 27 by Clapham_Junction

Do you keep a big spreadsheet somewhere with all ITFC players' PPG stats?

Would be interesting to see which player over the years ranks highest (discounting ones that played only a handful of matches).

At a guess, Johnno mk2 would be up there, as would Marcus Stewart.

On a tangent: how different might things have worked out if Johnno had stayed with us as back-up striker to Stewart? He would have played when Stewart broke his jaw, and might have saved us from relegation (he couldn't have done worse than Counago who scored ZERO goals in the Prem that season. At the very least we'd have had Johnno to fire us back up.
The most overrated town player ever? on 18:53 - Apr 27 with 3735 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The most overrated town player ever? on 15:26 - Apr 27 by christiand

To be fair to Stockdale, the crap he had in front of him didn't help much and if I recall the game against Peterborough without some of his saves it could of gone to double figures!!

Ha ha ! Jack Ainsley was a part of our defence that day.
The most overrated town player ever? on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 3732 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The most overrated town player ever? on 16:28 - Apr 27 by charlie1

Jim Magilton

One exceptional game, and the rest of the time spent trying to find someone else to blame.

I didn't mind him as a player but he'd blame everyone and everything bar himself as a manager.

Jim 'I have never made a bad signing' Magilton.

Bizarrelly admired by many for his managerial job even though he didn't deliver anything despite having spent loads of money.
The most overrated town player ever? on 19:06 - Apr 27 with 3716 viewsLord_Lucan

The most overrated town player ever? on 18:57 - Apr 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

I didn't mind him as a player but he'd blame everyone and everything bar himself as a manager.

Jim 'I have never made a bad signing' Magilton.

Bizarrelly admired by many for his managerial job even though he didn't deliver anything despite having spent loads of money.

Tosh.

We wouldn't be in the state we are now if he wasn't sacked. Are you seriously suggesting that we would be suffering an even worse state?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The most overrated town player ever? on 19:14 - Apr 27 with 3701 viewsnodge_blue

The most overrated town player ever? on 18:28 - Apr 27 by theblueginger

You disgust me.

I still maintain Reuser was our best player alongside Stewart in 2000/01. My first ever live game saw him absolutely control the game and give Spurs nightmares, we won 3-0. He was one of the most dangerous attacking midfielders in the Premiership that year, and played as a right-footer on the left wing before it was fashionable. Not to mention scoring the goal that sent Citeh down. Injuries curtailed his time at town after that.

He had no pace. His speed dial was set to slow or fast shuffle. Never beat a man.

I am saying he was over rated rather than total rubbish btw. That was the post.

You don't disgust me ..... love and peace man.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The most overrated town player ever? on 19:28 - Apr 27 with 3690 viewsblaggers

I'd also add Sam Parkin to that list. I really rated him before he joined us, and along with loads of others thought he'd be the ideal forward for Town. Now whether we didn't play to his strengths, or whether he was just tosh, either way he was overrated.

Poll: What happens next?

The most overrated town player ever? on 20:45 - Apr 27 with 3647 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Harsh on Bart. I'd agree that he's not as good as some make out, but to suggest that he is THAT overrated...

Also can't believe that Jim would be regarded as overrated. I would suggest the opposite.

Stuart Slater for me, closely followed by Adrian Paz

Poll: Our final position

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:01 - Apr 27 with 3637 viewspoppiesman

Cole Skuse for me, offers very little and yet gets picked every week.
As for Pablo Counago, I loved him as a player, very underused by the clueless Roy Keane.
And Pablo made my birthday one year when I went to Portman Road to see us play Coventry. Coventry equalised in the 95th minute to make it 2-2, half the crowd stormed out the ground in disgust, but we stayed in our seats to see Pablo score a great winning goal barely 20 seconds later.
Login to get fewer ads

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:30 - Apr 27 with 3612 viewsjas0999

I think you know you're wrong don't you?
The most overrated town player ever? on 21:35 - Apr 27 with 3611 viewsSuperfrans

Matt Holland. A midfield enforcer who barely ever gave away a free kick and never got booked. That's just wrong.

He was only ever at all effective when he had a decent player alongside him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 3589 viewsLord_Lucan

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:35 - Apr 27 by Superfrans

Matt Holland. A midfield enforcer who barely ever gave away a free kick and never got booked. That's just wrong.

He was only ever at all effective when he had a decent player alongside him.

I agree with this. Also I thought that his happy clappy thing was devicive to the other players. Same same with chambers to an extent.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:54 - Apr 27 with 3586 viewsbontcho

Chris Kiwomya. Good, but one dimensional.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:55 - Apr 27 with 3580 viewsgainsboroughblue

D. Johnson?
Stewart?
Magilton?

I'm out of this thread. Fck me.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The most overrated town player ever? on 22:12 - Apr 27 with 3552 viewsSuperfrans

The most overrated town player ever? on 21:51 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

I agree with this. Also I thought that his happy clappy thing was devicive to the other players. Same same with chambers to an extent.

I remember reading something from Gary Croft (may have been on Twitter) that the rest of the team thought he was sucking up to the fans. to what extent they genuinely resented him for it, or just used it as an excuse to give him a hard time, it's hard to know.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The most overrated town player ever? on 22:40 - Apr 27 with 3525 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The most overrated town player ever? on 19:06 - Apr 27 by Lord_Lucan

Tosh.

We wouldn't be in the state we are now if he wasn't sacked. Are you seriously suggesting that we would be suffering an even worse state?

Wouldn't we be? The team was on the slide and only Dos Santos' arrival kept our season alive.

He wasted loads of money, his last season was dour and uninspiring and we were never gonna progress with him.

He ought to have been sacked long before.
The most overrated town player ever? on 22:44 - Apr 27 with 3522 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Counago and Skuse are without a doubt most overrated players of recent years.
Counago seemed be to lazy one, not willing to knuckle down, moaning and shouting at refs, constant diver.
Skuse perfectly exemplifies McCarthys style and it does paralyse our midfield so often.

Them two above are 'stand-outs'. There are a few others too:

3. Garvan
4. Bowditch
5. Peralta
6. Norris
7. Bru
8. T.Smith
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 22:45]
The most overrated town player ever? on 22:49 - Apr 27 with 3516 viewsstonojnr

Dean Bowditch followed closely by Jordan Rhodes.

you're welcome ;)
The most overrated town player ever? on 23:59 - Apr 27 with 3479 viewsLord_Lucan

The most overrated town player ever? on 22:40 - Apr 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Wouldn't we be? The team was on the slide and only Dos Santos' arrival kept our season alive.

He wasted loads of money, his last season was dour and uninspiring and we were never gonna progress with him.

He ought to have been sacked long before.

kulki

The most overrated town player ever? on 00:01 - Apr 28 with 3476 viewssyntaxerror

Many here claimed Paul Taylor was our best player for a couple of seasons, so he gets my vote
The most overrated town player ever? on 00:13 - Apr 28 with 3471 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Matt Holland, sooooo overated

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

The most overrated town player ever? on 02:30 - Apr 28 with 3430 viewsCrock

The most overrated town player ever? on 17:55 - Apr 27 by BelvedereBrunswick

You knew what you were getting with Counago so would have to disagree.

I've been thinking about Daniel Karbassayoon all day so I can't look past him. Admittedly he was never really our player. From permanent signings it would be Sito. What was that all about?

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word overrated. Karbassiyoon was never highly rated. Sito was a very good player.

Poll: Favourite number?

The most overrated town player ever? on 10:44 - Apr 28 with 3343 viewsBlue_Order

The most overrated town player ever? on 19:28 - Apr 27 by blaggers

I'd also add Sam Parkin to that list. I really rated him before he joined us, and along with loads of others thought he'd be the ideal forward for Town. Now whether we didn't play to his strengths, or whether he was just tosh, either way he was overrated.

I had a mate who was a Swindon fan back then, he told me Parkin was absolute class. I went to a few pre-season friendlies just to see him, and refused to believe he was as bad as he looked, but he actually was.

What a let down.

I lost contact with the Swindon mate, he added me on Facebook a few years ago and I messaged him saying "I still haven't forgiven you for Sam Parkin."
[Post edited 28 Apr 2017 10:48]
The most overrated town player ever? on 11:01 - Apr 28 with 3326 viewsflimflam

The most overrated town player ever? on 19:14 - Apr 27 by nodge_blue

He had no pace. His speed dial was set to slow or fast shuffle. Never beat a man.

I am saying he was over rated rather than total rubbish btw. That was the post.

You don't disgust me ..... love and peace man.

Magilton always used to wind me up especially his moaning and nothing was ever his fault attitude but after the play off semi final I forgave him for everything.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The most overrated town player ever? on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 3325 viewsnbsiyag

Boncho Guenchev!

Catchy chant but he only ever scored 6 league goals in three years with us.
The most overrated town player ever? on 11:09 - Apr 28 with 3319 viewsbontcho

The most overrated town player ever? on 11:02 - Apr 28 by nbsiyag

Boncho Guenchev!

Catchy chant but he only ever scored 6 league goals in three years with us.

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024