Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 bands 20:24 - Apr 28 with 6716 viewsFtnfwest

Has everyone been lucky enough to see their top 3 live?
Top 3 bands on 20:28 - Apr 28 with 3079 viewsfactual_blue

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Top 3 bands on 20:32 - Apr 28 with 3073 viewsFtnfwest

Top 3 bands on 20:28 - Apr 28 by factual_blue

Yes.

What even madonna?
Top 3 bands on 20:37 - Apr 28 with 3058 viewssparks

2 of them... The others are dead

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Top 3 bands on 20:38 - Apr 28 with 3056 viewsSteve_M

Yep, although that's one reason why they edge out The Clash who I works have needed to have seen at three years old to see them at their best.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Top 3 bands on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 3051 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Never got the chance to see T.Rex. (T.Rexstasy were very good though).
Saw AC/DC with the late great Bon Scott in 1979 at Hammersmith odeon, later with Brian Johnson several times, Donnington Park in 2009 being the last one & IMO the best live show i ever witnessed.
Ian Dury & The Blockheads at the Gaumont twice were brilliant. Loved watching Norman Watt-Roy playing bass & Dury had great personality on stage.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Top 3 bands on 20:42 - Apr 28 with 3043 viewsLord_Lucan

Yeah. Floyd (waterless) and stones about 5 times each but New Order only once.

I think my greatest claim to fame was having seen Abba at Wembley Arena.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Top 3 bands on 20:42 - Apr 28 with 3038 viewsPJH

From my top 3 I saw The Kinks plus I have seen Ray Davies solo a few times.
Top 3 bands on 20:54 - Apr 28 with 3012 viewsBarcaBlue

Did anyone else see The Clash at The Gaumont? I was 15, first proper gig and never seen anything like it since. Seen New Order a few times bit hit and miss but Decades at the Royal Festival Hall was the nigh point, never got to see Joy Division and still causes me sleepless nights.
Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 bands on 21:02 - Apr 28 with 2997 viewsBlueorder

Top 3 bands on 20:54 - Apr 28 by BarcaBlue

Did anyone else see The Clash at The Gaumont? I was 15, first proper gig and never seen anything like it since. Seen New Order a few times bit hit and miss but Decades at the Royal Festival Hall was the nigh point, never got to see Joy Division and still causes me sleepless nights.

Never got to see Joy Division but, have see New Order over 20 times including a very early gig at Bedford Boys Club in '81. Saw Ramones in '86 and have also seen Jackson Browne at least once on every European tour since '84.
Top 3 bands on 21:12 - Apr 28 with 2972 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 bands on 21:02 - Apr 28 by Blueorder

Never got to see Joy Division but, have see New Order over 20 times including a very early gig at Bedford Boys Club in '81. Saw Ramones in '86 and have also seen Jackson Browne at least once on every European tour since '84.

I have been a big New Order fan since dot. Trouble is I sort of ignored their gigs as my mate said they never failed to disappoint. Saw them once and they were alright but to be honest I was completely off my nut. At one point a sizeable amount of the audience were looking at me rather than the band. A car load of northerners tried to take me home as a mascot at one point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Top 3 bands on 21:12 - Apr 28 with 2970 viewsstickymockwell

Top 3 bands on 21:02 - Apr 28 by Blueorder

I saw new Order do an entire Joy Division set. I nearly wet myself. Super furries were on the same bill and The Fall. Musical masturbation it was.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Top 3 bands on 21:16 - Apr 28 with 2953 viewsFtnfwest

Top 3 bands on 20:37 - Apr 28 by sparks

2 of them... The others are dead

You've always got an excuse bully
Top 3 bands on 21:16 - Apr 28 with 2945 viewsstickymockwell

Top 3 bands on 20:42 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah. Floyd (waterless) and stones about 5 times each but New Order only once.

I think my greatest claim to fame was having seen Abba at Wembley Arena.

Floyd and Bowie are missing from my list

Top 3 bands on 21:17 - Apr 28 with 2934 viewsfactual_blue

Top 3 bands on 21:12 - Apr 28 by stickymockwell

I saw new Order do an entire Joy Division set. I nearly wet myself. Super furries were on the same bill and The Fall. Musical masturbation it was.

I often have the same problem.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Top 3 bands on 21:21 - Apr 28 with 2925 viewsFtnfwest

Top 3 bands on 20:40 - Apr 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Never got the chance to see T.Rex. (T.Rexstasy were very good though).
Saw AC/DC with the late great Bon Scott in 1979 at Hammersmith odeon, later with Brian Johnson several times, Donnington Park in 2009 being the last one & IMO the best live show i ever witnessed.
Ian Dury & The Blockheads at the Gaumont twice were brilliant. Loved watching Norman Watt-Roy playing bass & Dury had great personality on stage.

Never did see any version of acdc but would have loved to
Saw 2.5 out of 3 of mine as instead of zeppelin I saw page and plant in the mid 90s who played a set which was purely Zeppelin... Just no john Paul Jones
Top 3 bands on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 2924 viewsstickymockwell

Top 3 bands on 21:16 - Apr 28 by stickymockwell

The best weekend of.my life

Top 3 bands on 21:30 - Apr 28 with 2901 viewsLord_Lucan

Top 3 bands on 21:16 - Apr 28 by stickymockwell

I've seen Bowie a couple of times and although I am a massive fan I was disappointed. I saw him at MK and our driver (my mate Dave) got lost and had my car keys. We ended up with a car with no keys, next to us was a load of lads that had keys but no car as it had been nicked. We finally got the RAC to bust the ignition lock in the car so we could start it with a screwdriver. Trouble was we were all on acid. My mate Gary tried to drive home but had to stop at the first services as nothing was making any sense. We had a row and made Gary drive home. Dave (the man with my keys) got home two days later.

Top 3 bands on 21:36 - Apr 28 with 2889 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Yep. I saw the stones in 1990 and remember thinking they're about to turn 50, How good must it have been to see them in their pomp in a small venue. Could not have imagined they would be touring 25 years after that. I'm gonna put Exile on Main St on now.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Top 3 bands on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 2873 viewsBenters

Black Sabbath.

AC/DC.

Motorhead.

My three fav live.

Thank you and good night.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Top 3 bands on 21:41 - Apr 28 with 2872 viewsBlueorder

Top 3 bands on 21:12 - Apr 28 by stickymockwell

Tell me more. I've got a set list for almost every gig they ever played and I don't remember that one. Could it have been a private(ish) gig for Rob Greton's birthday ?
Top 3 bands on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 2858 viewsBarcaBlue

Top 3 bands on 21:30 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

I've seen Bowie a couple of times and although I am a massive fan I was disappointed. I saw him at MK and our driver (my mate Dave) got lost and had my car keys. We ended up with a car with no keys, next to us was a load of lads that had keys but no car as it had been nicked. We finally got the RAC to bust the ignition lock in the car so we could start it with a screwdriver. Trouble was we were all on acid. My mate Gary tried to drive home but had to stop at the first services as nothing was making any sense. We had a row and made Gary drive home. Dave (the man with my keys) got home two days later.

I saw David Bowie at Milton Keynes, the Let's Dance tour around 1982, supported by The Beat - was that the one? Wasn't impressed at all but The Beat were good, "Stand down Margaret, stand down please..."
Top 3 bands on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 2852 viewsBlueorder

Top 3 bands on 21:12 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

I have been a big New Order fan since dot. Trouble is I sort of ignored their gigs as my mate said they never failed to disappoint. Saw them once and they were alright but to be honest I was completely off my nut. At one point a sizeable amount of the audience were looking at me rather than the band. A car load of northerners tried to take me home as a mascot at one point.

It would be true to say that some of their early gigs were at times shambolic. A lot of the equipment they were using on stage was built for use in the studio, and so as a result would simply stop working on stage. When they good they were untouchable as a live act. But throughout much of the 80s they could be a little 'of colour'
The more recent Hooky free version are a very slick outfit indeed.
Top 3 bands on 21:55 - Apr 28 with 2840 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Top 3 bands on 21:49 - Apr 28 by Blueorder

It would be true to say that some of their early gigs were at times shambolic. A lot of the equipment they were using on stage was built for use in the studio, and so as a result would simply stop working on stage. When they good they were untouchable as a live act. But throughout much of the 80s they could be a little 'of colour'
The more recent Hooky free version are a very slick outfit indeed.

I enjoyed Brixton 2015 very much

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Top 3 bands on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 2835 viewsmichaeldownunder

The Alarm ( Mike Peters)
The Cure
Never saw the Smiths but saw Morrissey at Finsbury park with Madness so will not count that one.
Same reason cannot count the Clash saw Paul, Joe and Mick in diff bands but never as a whole with Topper.

In July going to see The Undertones for the first time, best ever pop song Teenage kicks, so I hope they play it more than once.
Top 3 bands on 22:11 - Apr 28 with 2797 viewsstickymockwell

Top 3 bands on 21:41 - Apr 28 by Blueorder

Tell me more. I've got a set list for almost every gig they ever played and I don't remember that one. Could it have been a private(ish) gig for Rob Greton's birthday ?

St Elizabeth hall London.
John peel 1 year anniversary. I was very lucky.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024