Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! 20:16 - May 8 with 3218 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why?

Anyway, mad start with both Needham & Lowestoft scoring in the first 5 minutes.

Poll: W or W

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 20:59 - May 8 with 3152 viewsDubtractor

The pitch has been dug up at PR so out of action somewhat!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:01 - May 8 with 3152 viewsEastTownBlue

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 20:59 - May 8 by Dubtractor

The pitch has been dug up at PR so out of action somewhat!

I was wondering if we had invested in the pitch at long last. Probably in a hurry before Elton John visits.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:02 - May 8 with 3150 viewsPhilTWTD

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:01 - May 8 by EastTownBlue

I was wondering if we had invested in the pitch at long last. Probably in a hurry before Elton John visits.

As far as I'm aware they're doing the same thing they've done for the last few summers, scrape up the top few inches of turf, then reseed.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:08 - May 8 with 3126 viewsEastTownBlue

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:02 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

As far as I'm aware they're doing the same thing they've done for the last few summers, scrape up the top few inches of turf, then reseed.

Pity. We will have the usual dodgy pitch between January and March again.

Where's Bryan Gunn when you need him ?
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:16 - May 8 with 3093 viewsITFC_Blood

Town were not interested so col I stepped in

The col u side of that is run by the ex town lady.

Does a great job and the col u off pitch is impressive

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:29 - May 8 with 3047 viewsBLUEBEAT

Ended 3-2 to Needham, if anyone's interested.

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:35 - May 8 with 3025 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:16 - May 8 by ITFC_Blood

Nice but it's not Essex FA!

Bury/Stowmarket/Wanderers ground would have sufficed.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 21:36]

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:36 - May 8 with 3023 viewsRocky

Great shame then that they couldn't have waited a few more days to hold the final in Suffolk before taking the top surface off.
A small thing - but quite symptomatic of the regard they hold for getting the local community onside.
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:51 - May 8 with 2975 viewsBinner

It would be like the (English) FA Cup final being played outside England. Thankfully that could never happen...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:52 - May 8 with 2970 viewsClapham_Junction

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:16 - May 8 by ITFC_Blood

Ironically their pitch is one of the worst I have ever played on.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:55 - May 8 with 2970 viewsPhilTWTD

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:36 - May 8 by Rocky

Great shame then that they couldn't have waited a few more days to hold the final in Suffolk before taking the top surface off.
A small thing - but quite symptomatic of the regard they hold for getting the local community onside.

Seem to recall being told the club gave the Suffolk FA the date that they would be starting work when the Elton John concert was arranged but I don't think they could work out dates which worked for various scheduling reasons.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:01 - May 8 with 2949 viewsRocky

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:55 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Seem to recall being told the club gave the Suffolk FA the date that they would be starting work when the Elton John concert was arranged but I don't think they could work out dates which worked for various scheduling reasons.

Possibly also considered that there might be even play-off games at Portman Road!
Where there's a will there's a way and they could have provisionally set a date for Portman Road unless the pitch was needed for p/offs.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:04 - May 8 with 2935 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:55 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I'm not particularly bothered with the final not being played at Portman Meadow.

What bothers me is the Suffolk FA deciding to use an Essex stadium when there are plenty of suitable Suffolk grounds to choose from.

Suffolk.

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:05 - May 8 with 2931 viewsPhilTWTD

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:01 - May 8 by Rocky

Possibly also considered that there might be even play-off games at Portman Road!
Where there's a will there's a way and they could have provisionally set a date for Portman Road unless the pitch was needed for p/offs.

The EFL not deciding on play-off semi-final dates until v late has been a factor before, I seem to remember. I think the Suffolk FA were given dates this year but didn't work for their clubs and schedules.
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:05 - May 8 with 2927 viewsPhilTWTD

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:04 - May 8 by BLUEBEAT

I'm not particularly bothered with the final not being played at Portman Meadow.

What bothers me is the Suffolk FA deciding to use an Essex stadium when there are plenty of suitable Suffolk grounds to choose from.

Suffolk.

I think the idea was to give the players a game at a big(ish) ground.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:06 - May 8 with 2929 viewsDanny_G

There's an explanation here: http://www.suffolkfa.com/news/2017/mar/venues-confirmed-for-eight-cup-finals
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:28 - May 8 with 2876 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:06 - May 8 by Danny_G

There's an explanation here: http://www.suffolkfa.com/news/2017/mar/venues-confirmed-for-eight-cup-finals

Thank you, Danny G.

on 07:26 - May 9 with 2710 views_

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 21:35 - May 8 by BLUEBEAT

Nice but it's not Essex FA!

Bury/Stowmarket/Wanderers ground would have sufficed.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 21:36]

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 08:04 - May 9 with 2675 viewstaximan

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:05 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I think the idea was to give the players a game at a big(ish) ground.

This post has been edited by an administrator

that is indeed the case

fortunately colchester failed to make the play offs

afc sudbury were on stand by
Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 11:55 - May 9 with 2584 viewsBLUEBEAT

on 07:26 - May 9 by _

I did once, for Lowestoft B

on 12:22 - May 9 with 2552 views_

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 11:55 - May 9 by BLUEBEAT

I did once, for Lowestoft B

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 12:25 - May 9 with 2544 viewsBLUEBEAT

on 12:22 - May 9 by _

1991 😬

on 12:27 - May 9 with 2529 views_

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 12:25 - May 9 by BLUEBEAT

1991 😬

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 12:32 - May 9 with 2520 viewschristiand

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 22:04 - May 8 by BLUEBEAT

Suffolk.

To be fair Bluebeat, if you had reached a cup final, would you not rather play at a decent ground than no disrespect to Stowmarket, Leiston etc? I know I would even though it might be in the wrong county.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 12:45 - May 9 with 2504 viewsBLUEBEAT

Tonight's Suffolk FA Premier Cup Final is being played in Essex! on 12:32 - May 9 by christiand

To be fair Bluebeat, if you had reached a cup final, would you not rather play at a decent ground than no disrespect to Stowmarket, Leiston etc? I know I would even though it might be in the wrong county.

Not sure really as you'd still be playing to an empty ground.

Also, you've gone through a full season of playing on ropey pitches and then, for perhaps the most important game of your season, you're on a fine pitch which reacts very differently to what you, your team mates and the opposition are used to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024