Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links 21:28 - May 19 with 36750 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing to see here.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/19/exclusive-mi5-opened-file-jeremy-corb

[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:43]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:25 - May 20 with 3531 viewscaught-in-limbo

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:19 - May 20 by ElderGrizzly

I'd say it's interestingly timed, but not propaganda. But then any story during election time could have that definition applied to it depending on the readership or intent.

Yet it's a fact, not fake news or anything else Momentum have claimed it to be this morning.

There is some real weird nonsense on social media from all sides right now, which is why sites like FullFact are invaluable for those who can't be bothered or have the time to dig for themselves.

I have no idea who or what Momentum or FullFact are, but experience tells me that a name like "FullFact" is likely Orwellian for "ThisIsWhatWe'dPreferYouToBelieve", but good of you to promote it all the same.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:33 - May 20 with 3524 viewsElderGrizzly

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:25 - May 20 by caught-in-limbo

I have no idea who or what Momentum or FullFact are, but experience tells me that a name like "FullFact" is likely Orwellian for "ThisIsWhatWe'dPreferYouToBelieve", but good of you to promote it all the same.

You have no idea who Momentum are?! Corbyn's propaganda machine and full of hatred for New Labour

http://www.peoplesmomentum.com/

Anyway, FullFact is nothing like what you describe. It's here and independent fact checking.

https://fullfact.org

Surprised at your dismissal when you know nothing about it, given your lectures to us on looking for alternative views away from the MSM
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:35]
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 12:33 - May 20 with 3491 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:19 - May 20 by ElderGrizzly

I'd say it's interestingly timed, but not propaganda. But then any story during election time could have that definition applied to it depending on the readership or intent.

Yet it's a fact, not fake news or anything else Momentum have claimed it to be this morning.

There is some real weird nonsense on social media from all sides right now, which is why sites like FullFact are invaluable for those who can't be bothered or have the time to dig for themselves.

"interestingly timed" hahahahahahahahaha

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:30 - May 20 with 3467 viewsNo9

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:29 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

Telegraph getting worried.

More like desperate
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:44 - May 20 with 3458 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 09:44 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

Plenty of people have answered this in the thread but you appear to have ignored their very good points...

Nobody has answered anything. Just the usual "well he got a peace price"

Whoopy do! Obama got the Nobel peace prize despite sending more drones to kill people that Bush did. Kissinger , look him up, even got one ffs.

It walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks. It's a duck.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:58 - May 20 with 3439 viewsGromheort

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:44 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Whoopy do! Obama got the Nobel peace prize despite sending more drones to kill people that Bush did. Kissinger , look him up, even got one ffs.

If a mad scientist tried to create a Daily Mail bot, I imagine it would look something like this
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 15:06 - May 20 with 3425 viewsmarchy

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 14:58 - May 20 by Gromheort

If a mad scientist tried to create a Daily Mail bot, I imagine it would look something like this

What, a duck?
on 15:14 - May 20 with 3416 views_

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:38 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure Dolly has an explanation for this. He did, after all, have the lowest expense claim of any MP so there is no way he could have been a terrorist sympathiser.

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:18 - May 20 with 3413 views_

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 21:39 - May 19 by vapour_trail

Glassers, glassers, you're going to have to stop calling out posts that call other posters into a thread.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:02 - May 20 with 3379 viewsDolly2.0

I wasn't even referring to that. I was referring to things like :

"They will have a file on anyone remotely significant and who is in any way anti-establishment."

"Desperate journalism."

The fact that it was 20 years ago, how is it "news"?

The fact that there are likely multiple files on the members of the Tory government who were also speaking to the IRA...

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:29 - May 20 with 3357 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:02 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

"They will have a file on anyone remotely significant and who is in any way anti-establishment."

"Desperate journalism."

The fact that there are likely multiple files on the members of the Tory government who were also speaking to the IRA...

1. Speculation

2. I dealt with that.

3. The revelations about the MI5 file and the revelations about his closeness to the Balcombe Street Gang is news regardless of the fact it happened 20 years ago. When it was revealed that Jimmy Savile was a paedo it was news, despite the offences taking place years ago.

4. Members of the Tory government, like the Blair government spoke to the IRA with the full knowledge of the Prime Minister and the security services with an aim to ending the violence. They did not attend IRA meetings, stand in a minutes silence in honour of dead IRA bombers and praise them with the words "I am happy to commemorate all those who dies fighting for a United Ireland"

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:47 - May 20 with 3333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:02 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

"Desperate journalism."

Take it easy on him Dolly, he's grieving over the loss of his party to Ed Milliband apparently!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:18 - May 20 with 3316 viewsDolly2.0

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:29 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

1. Speculation

2. I dealt with that.

3. The revelations about the MI5 file and the revelations about his closeness to the Balcombe Street Gang is news regardless of the fact it happened 20 years ago. When it was revealed that Jimmy Savile was a paedo it was news, despite the offences taking place years ago.

4. Members of the Tory government, like the Blair government spoke to the IRA with the full knowledge of the Prime Minister and the security services with an aim to ending the violence. They did not attend IRA meetings, stand in a minutes silence in honour of dead IRA bombers and praise them with the words "I am happy to commemorate all those who dies fighting for a United Ireland"

Oh so when it's the Tories speaking to the IRA it's to end the violence, but when it's Corbyn he's supporting murder despite campaigning for peaceful resolutions for 30 years?

As many others have said in this thread, these so called revelations have deliberately been put out now because we're in an election campaign and Corbyn has had a good week.

In short, and in answer to you calling me to comment when I wasn't involved in the thread - nothing to see here.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:19 - May 20 with 3316 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 16:47 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Take it easy on him Dolly, he's grieving over the loss of his party to Ed Milliband apparently!

Grieving? You really are an odd chap.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:28 - May 20 with 3309 viewscaught-in-limbo

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 11:33 - May 20 by ElderGrizzly

You have no idea who Momentum are?! Corbyn's propaganda machine and full of hatred for New Labour

http://www.peoplesmomentum.com/

Anyway, FullFact is nothing like what you describe. It's here and independent fact checking.

https://fullfact.org

Surprised at your dismissal when you know nothing about it, given your lectures to us on looking for alternative views away from the MSM
[Post edited 20 May 2017 11:35]

"Surprised at your dismissal when you know nothing about it, given your lectures to us on looking for alternative views away from the MSM"

Link to two lectures from me, please.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:30 - May 20 with 3306 viewsimsureazzure

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 23:26 - May 19 by Gromheort

Shhh now, but Corbyn won the Gandhi Peace Award

https://gandhifoundation.org/2014/01/09/the-gandhi-foundation-international-peac

I am surprised that Corbyn accepted an award in honour of a racist, I though he had principles.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:46 - May 20 with 3285 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:19 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Grieving? You really are an odd chap.

Sorry, hadn't realised you voted Labour in 2015.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:47 - May 20 with 3282 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:18 - May 20 by Dolly2.0

Oh so when it's the Tories speaking to the IRA it's to end the violence, but when it's Corbyn he's supporting murder despite campaigning for peaceful resolutions for 30 years?

As many others have said in this thread, these so called revelations have deliberately been put out now because we're in an election campaign and Corbyn has had a good week.

In short, and in answer to you calling me to comment when I wasn't involved in the thread - nothing to see here.

FFS. This really isn't sinking in is it/

He supported and praised the IRA. He didn't negotiate peace with them.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:49 - May 20 with 3280 viewsbluejake78

Corbie has made a Blue future.Even my Hamster hates him.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:50 - May 20 with 3280 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:46 - May 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sorry, hadn't realised you voted Labour in 2015.

What does that have to do with grieving? One grieves when somebody close to one dies.

If nicking a few polices from hopeless Ed wins the Tories another 30 or so seats in the northern Labour heartlands I'll simply shrug my shoulders.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:52 - May 20 with 3279 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 22:07 - May 19 by GlasgowBlue

I completely agree and I said this last week.

The Tories are looking for a three figure majority. At the same time they want Corbyn to do at least as well as Miliband so that he doesn't have to resign and we have him as Labour leader for another five years or however long it will take to damage the Labour party.

He has been hovering around the 28-31% mark for a few weeks but he's just launched a popularist manifesto and I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark which would reduce the Tories majority to about 70.

Hence the reason for this story. A timely reminder to working class Labour voters that he spent his early political career supporting the IRA.

" I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark"

What you would imagine and reality are not really close cousins are they GB ?

The so called 'internal polls' are actually those of recognised polling companies. And they have , across the board, put Labour at 34 %. Up a rather worrying 8 points.If that were continue at afar lower rate them the Tories majority would be below 50, hardly worth the effort some might say.

It is as if they are trying to lose as they churn out vote losing policies.

Hit students so as to pay for more nonsensical Free schools

Hit pensioners with a triple whammy

Refuse to publish figures showing how bad they have left the NHS

and allow a vote on bring back fox hunting !
as if both houses won't have enough work coping with brexit

So let us see where we were in a couple of weeks once this stuff has began to sink in, and maybe GB and his ilk will wonder whether it is worth the expense of a new flat cap to be able to doff at their betters come the 9th June.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:59 - May 20 with 3273 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:52 - May 20 by HARRY10

" I would imagine internal polling is showing him around the 32-34% mark"

What you would imagine and reality are not really close cousins are they GB ?

The so called 'internal polls' are actually those of recognised polling companies. And they have , across the board, put Labour at 34 %. Up a rather worrying 8 points.If that were continue at afar lower rate them the Tories majority would be below 50, hardly worth the effort some might say.

It is as if they are trying to lose as they churn out vote losing policies.

Hit students so as to pay for more nonsensical Free schools

Hit pensioners with a triple whammy

Refuse to publish figures showing how bad they have left the NHS

and allow a vote on bring back fox hunting !
as if both houses won't have enough work coping with brexit

So let us see where we were in a couple of weeks once this stuff has began to sink in, and maybe GB and his ilk will wonder whether it is worth the expense of a new flat cap to be able to doff at their betters come the 9th June.

Across the board?

You mean two that have just been released today, after I had made my post regarding 34%.

http://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:10 - May 20 with 3256 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:30 - May 20 by imsureazzure

I am surprised that Corbyn accepted an award in honour of a racist, I though he had principles.

Iron Lion Zion

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:14 - May 20 with 3245 viewsHARRY10

Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 17:59 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Across the board?

You mean two that have just been released today, after I had made my post regarding 34%.

http://britainelects.com/polling/westminster/

No. I mean the ones that were released two days ago by ipsos mori, with The poll of 1,053 adults was taken across the UK between 15 and 17 May.

You do rather remind me of one of those brexit cranks would pop up on forums with some shy te that supposedly backed only to see it shredded totally.

Almost always because in their glee (or stupidity) to wave it around they had not fully read or understood it. Mostly being that the 'facts' were not facts but suggestions based around numerous conditional clauses.

But then you lot always seem to have some hatred of your fellow man and those who would do them the most harm get your support. Much as the character in Life of Brian who toadies around the Romans.

Perhaps your loyal service will get you a minor honour.....

....... or perhaps not.
Mi5 opened a file on Corbyn over IRA links on 18:15 - May 20 with 3243 viewsGromheort

Lovely detail from the award: the "International Peace Award in recognition of his consistent efforts over a 30 year Parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence"

Social justice and non-violence? Scary stuff (at least to some)!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024