Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 19:10 - May 26 with 7478 viewsElderGrizzly

5 minutes into the interview: "Why did you invite the people behind the Brighton Bombing into the House of Commons weeks after the attack?"

Ouch....

And to add to my point earlier, Andrew Neil just confirmed Corbyn voted 56 times against legislation to strengthen the powers of the Security Services.

Edit: i should add, I think the IRA link flogging is ridiculous as he clearly isn't a terrorist sympathiser.

Edit: Summary of the interview here
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/may/26/general-election-2017-terr

[Post edited 26 May 2017 19:53]
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:58 - May 26 with 3425 viewsbrazil1982

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:23 - May 26 by Archer4721

Seems the majority of people in this country agree with him.

The majority? How many were polled?
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:59 - May 26 with 3423 viewsSwansea_Blue

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:34 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Shame the IFS don't....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/26/ifs-tells-uk-voters-choice-betw

I admire your persistence, but you know there's as much chance if the Lib Dems being relevant and getting many votes as their is Scuglas being admitted into the World Greats Hall of Fame for Fabulously Fantastic Footballers.

Said with a heavy heart and as a former regular LD voter, but we've lost the plot. I'm not even sure I can say 'we' anymore.

I'm a swinger, so Go Plaid!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:05 - May 26 with 3403 viewsElderGrizzly

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:59 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

I admire your persistence, but you know there's as much chance if the Lib Dems being relevant and getting many votes as their is Scuglas being admitted into the World Greats Hall of Fame for Fabulously Fantastic Footballers.

Said with a heavy heart and as a former regular LD voter, but we've lost the plot. I'm not even sure I can say 'we' anymore.

I'm a swinger, so Go Plaid!

I know. I've said that all along too.

All i want is an opposition, whatever that is, to be strong enough and together so they can stand up to the Tories.

I just don't think Corbyn can deliver that, even though i do admire some of his principles.
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:11 - May 26 with 3385 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

Not exactly the 'car crash' that many were predicting. Corbyn, unlike Teresa May was calm and composed,and stuck to his principles ( does Teresa May actually have any)? to the extent that AN scarcely laid a glove on him. Most impressive.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 20:16]
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:12 - May 26 with 3379 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:31 - May 26 by artsbossbeard

I was out drinking, soz.

Hung parliament then. Who needs to cosy up to the Libs or the Greens?

Or the DUP.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:15 - May 26 with 3366 viewsjas0999

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 19:27 - May 26 by strikalite

Monday C4 at 8.30pm...

It's on SKY news isn't it?
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:23 - May 26 with 3337 viewsGlasgowBlue

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:11 - May 26 by PortmanRoadLibrary

Not exactly the 'car crash' that many were predicting. Corbyn, unlike Teresa May was calm and composed,and stuck to his principles ( does Teresa May actually have any)? to the extent that AN scarcely laid a glove on him. Most impressive.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 20:16]

He lied his way through it. "I never met the IRA"

As has been published tonight:

"Tonight Jeremy Corbyn told Andrew Neil: “I never met the IRA”. Seriously?

In 1984, two weeks after the Brighton bombing, Corbyn invited two members of the Provisional IRA, Linda Quigley and Gerard McLoughlin, to parliament. MacLochlainn was a close friend of Corbyn. In 1981 he served two and a half years in jail for conspiracy to cause explosions.

According to a report in the Sinn Fein/IRA newspaper An Phoblacht, in 2000 Corbyn shared a platform with Brendan McKenna at an event commemorating Bloody Sunday. McKenna was jailed for his role in bombing the British Legion hall in Portadown.

In 2005 Corbyn shared a platform with Raymond McCartney at a meeting about Bloody Sunday. McCartney was a member of the Provisional IRA.

In 2007 Corbyn spoke alongside Martina Anderson at an event organised by his CLP. Anderson was jailed for plotting a series of terror attacks in London and twelve English seaside towns.

In 2009, an An Phoblacht report places Corbyn at a Sinn Fein dinner with Diane Abbott and Ken Livingstone. The event was hosted by Gerry Adams and IRA member Gerry Kelly. Kelly was jailed for his part in the Old Bailey bombing which killed one and injured 200.

In July 2011, Jeremy Corbyn chaired a Sinn Fein event commemorating the Hunger Strikes. An Phoblacht says Corbyn shared a platform there with the IRA member Brendan ‘Bik’ McFarlane, who was a part of an IRA gang which killed four Protestant civilians and a UVF member in a pub bombing. Also present was Jennifer McCann, who was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for the murder of a RUC constable."
[Post edited 26 May 2017 20:24]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:32 - May 26 with 3323 viewsLuk38644

Tonight showed what a feckless leader he is when he's not reading from a script.

This man cannot get anywhere near being PM, surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:33 - May 26 with 3312 viewsArcher4721

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:23 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

In 1984, two weeks after the Brighton bombing, Corbyn invited two members of the Provisional IRA, Linda Quigley and Gerard McLoughlin, to parliament. MacLochlainn was a close friend of Corbyn. In 1981 he served two and a half years in jail for conspiracy to cause explosions.

According to a report in the Sinn Fein/IRA newspaper An Phoblacht, in 2000 Corbyn shared a platform with Brendan McKenna at an event commemorating Bloody Sunday. McKenna was jailed for his role in bombing the British Legion hall in Portadown.

In 2005 Corbyn shared a platform with Raymond McCartney at a meeting about Bloody Sunday. McCartney was a member of the Provisional IRA.

In 2007 Corbyn spoke alongside Martina Anderson at an event organised by his CLP. Anderson was jailed for plotting a series of terror attacks in London and twelve English seaside towns.

In 2009, an An Phoblacht report places Corbyn at a Sinn Fein dinner with Diane Abbott and Ken Livingstone. The event was hosted by Gerry Adams and IRA member Gerry Kelly. Kelly was jailed for his part in the Old Bailey bombing which killed one and injured 200.

In July 2011, Jeremy Corbyn chaired a Sinn Fein event commemorating the Hunger Strikes. An Phoblacht says Corbyn shared a platform there with the IRA member Brendan ‘Bik’ McFarlane, who was a part of an IRA gang which killed four Protestant civilians and a UVF member in a pub bombing. Also present was Jennifer McCann, who was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for the murder of a RUC constable."

Why don't you just link the article from Guido you've copied pasted as your own work.

You do this all the time.

https://order-order.com/2017/05/26/corbyn-lies-never-met-ira/
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:33 - May 26 with 3308 viewslowhouseblue

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:23 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

the trouble is that a lot of corbyn's supporters only heard his name for the first time in 2015.
any one who knew of him before then knows exactly what he was up to. for them the idea that corbyn was 'promoting peace' rather than promoting the aims and objectives of the ira is simply laughable.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:55 - May 26 with 3258 viewsGromheort

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:33 - May 26 by Archer4721

Why don't you just link the article from Guido you've copied pasted as your own work.

You do this all the time.

https://order-order.com/2017/05/26/corbyn-lies-never-met-ira/

Amusing Guido smear job mind you. Must have been properly easy to track the IRA, given their alleged invites to parliament. Perhaps the MI5 followed McLoughlin when they should have followed MacLochlainn? Silly Billys!
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:30 - May 26 with 3198 viewsHerbivore

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:32 - May 26 by Luk38644

Tonight showed what a feckless leader he is when he's not reading from a script.

Have you not seen Theresa May?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:35 - May 26 with 3193 viewsJ2BLUE

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 20:32 - May 26 by Luk38644

Lets hope he is. May's true colours have really been shown over the last couple of weeks IMO.

Your choice is likely Labour or Conservatives. A vote for anyone else will be a vote for the Tories if you live in Ipswich. Choose wisely.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:44 - May 26 with 3176 viewsLuk38644

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:35 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Lets hope he is. May's true colours have really been shown over the last couple of weeks IMO.

Your choice is likely Labour or Conservatives. A vote for anyone else will be a vote for the Tories if you live in Ipswich. Choose wisely.

I'm Suffolk Coastal, it will be Tories. My vote is effectively worthless.

Id rather see May and PM than Corbyn without doubt. How have you swung from a complete Tory to a complete Labour voter in a few months?!
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:47 - May 26 with 3169 viewsJ2BLUE

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:44 - May 26 by Luk38644

I'm Suffolk Coastal, it will be Tories. My vote is effectively worthless.

Id rather see May and PM than Corbyn without doubt. How have you swung from a complete Tory to a complete Labour voter in a few months?!

I was never a complete Tory, I wanted a coalition last time! I've woken up to be honest. Labour would be much better for me and much better for the majority of people IMO.

I feel no shame admitting I was mistaken and have changed my mind even though i'm sure a few will go on the attack over it!

Truly impaired.

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:50 - May 26 with 3163 viewsExiled_Blue

Alternatively, you could say that he voted in favour of preserving civil liberties 56 times. Theresa May's surveillance state plans are a far bigger threat to everyone's security than anything Corbyn would do.
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 22:26 - May 26 with 3114 viewsElderGrizzly

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:47 - May 26 by J2BLUE

I was never a complete Tory, I wanted a coalition last time! I've woken up to be honest. Labour would be much better for me and much better for the majority of people IMO.

I feel no shame admitting I was mistaken and have changed my mind even though i'm sure a few will go on the attack over it!

Have you even read any info and compared each manifesto yet?

This site is an independent site that has fact checked all manifestos

https://fullfact.org

Corbyn will certainly be better financially for those low paid on £25k or under and i can see the obvious attraction. Especially as Corbyn is going full hard Brexit too
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:05 - May 26 with 3070 viewsLuk38644

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 21:47 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Fair enough mate!
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:21 - May 26 with 3036 viewsJ2BLUE

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 22:26 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Have you even read any info and compared each manifesto yet?

This site is an independent site that has fact checked all manifestos

https://fullfact.org

Corbyn will certainly be better financially for those low paid on £25k or under and i can see the obvious attraction. Especially as Corbyn is going full hard Brexit too

Yes. Why do you ask like that?

Truly impaired.

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:36 - May 26 with 2997 viewsElderGrizzly

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:21 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Yes. Why do you ask like that?

Because earlier today you said you still hadn't and forgotten what you were meant to be looking for! :)
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:43 - May 26 with 2969 viewsGodzilla

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:36 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

Because earlier today you said you still hadn't and forgotten what you were meant to be looking for! :)

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:51 - May 26 with 2952 viewsJ2BLUE

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:36 - May 26 by ElderGrizzly

That was about something else I was talking about with GB, not the manifestos.

Truly impaired.

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:52 - May 26 with 2950 viewsElderGrizzly

Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 23:51 - May 26 by J2BLUE

That was about something else I was talking about with GB, not the manifestos.

Fair enough. This was just an independent fact check of each manifesto, not just the manifestos at face value
Andrew Neil is tearing one to Corbyn right now...BBC1 on 00:58 - May 27 with 2869 viewsHARRY10

thankfully the Tories don't take the gormless so readily any more

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024