Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? 19:51 - May 26 with 4871 viewsbrazil1981

Doubt I'll even watch, is it it just me getting old? Quite sad really, when I was a kid it was the highlight of the year, comparable in excitment to Xmas day! Newcastle v Liverpool in 74 was first one I remember...Keegan was my hero as a kid, along with Trevor Whymark of course!
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 19:54 - May 26 with 3647 viewsbrazil1982

Nope, maybe if it was a "different" team involved.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 19:54 - May 26 with 3648 viewsJ2BLUE

I will watch it but I would much rather it was two mid table Prem teams battling it out where it really means something. I can't tolerate the constant OTT praise of the big clubs and every 3 yard sideways pass being spoken about as it it's the greatest moment in football history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 19:55 - May 26 with 3646 viewsbrazil1982

hanng on...our user names.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 19:59 - May 26 with 3639 viewsFtnfwest

Funnily enough I don't remember that one but do recall the first one I must have watched which was Leeds v Sunderland the year before. I shall probably watch but yes it's nothing like it used to be. We should be thankful town won it when they did.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 20:03 - May 26 with 3621 viewsMedwayTractor

No, I don't care either, but then I'll be at Twickenham for the Premiership final watching Wasps v Exeter Chiefs.

Such a shame it's sponsored by Aviva.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 20:36 - May 26 with 3572 viewsParisBlue

Used to be such an event, watching the players being interviewed on the coach etc. The other week I was out with a friend and we started setting each other challenges, one of which was to name the teams in the fa cup final since 1970. The 70s and 80s were easy, the 90s a bit harder, and completely forgettable since 2000.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:14 - May 26 with 3515 viewspoppiesman

1971 was the first cup final I watched. And throughout the 70's and 80's used to watch it from early morning right through to the game itself, loved the Its a Knockout in the morning and all the build up (tv cameras on team coach up Wembley way etc) that went with it. Proper day for a proper final.
Unlike these days when its just yet another game on TV, it lost its sparkle when the semi finals were also played at Wembley.
Off the top of my head I can name all the finals in the 70s and 80s, scorer and scorers 100%, but cant even tell you who won the last 5 finals!!
Wont be watching it tomorrow as its two teams I hate big time, so its England vs South Africa cricket for me.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:19 - May 26 with 3498 viewsSteve_M

I'll watch it, unless the cricket is really exciting but the occasion and spectacle has been ruined by the greed of the Premier League.

I still hope Arsenal win because a) it will upset some of the more precious fans and b) well they are playing Chelsea.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:22 - May 26 with 3488 viewsJ2BLUE

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:19 - May 26 by Steve_M

I'll watch it, unless the cricket is really exciting but the occasion and spectacle has been ruined by the greed of the Premier League.

I still hope Arsenal win because a) it will upset some of the more precious fans and b) well they are playing Chelsea.

One of those games where i'm not sure who I dislike more and would love it if they could somehow both lose.

Truly impaired.

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:44 - May 26 with 3457 viewsfactual_blue

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:22 - May 26 by J2BLUE

One of those games where i'm not sure who I dislike more and would love it if they could somehow both lose.

They should both be condemned to play this game until all the players die of old age, and the stands are full of cadavers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 22:01 - May 26 with 3422 viewsJ2BLUE

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 21:22 - May 26 by J2BLUE

Call me stupid but in light of recent events i'm going to take this back...

Truly impaired.

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 23:03 - May 26 with 3321 viewsstantheman

I am so disinterested that I am going shopping with the wife.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 23:30 - May 26 with 3252 viewsgainsboroughblue

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 23:03 - May 26 by stantheman

I am so disinterested that I am going shopping with the wife.

I didn't even realise it was tomorrow until I saw this thread. Now that is ambivalence.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 23:31 - May 26 with 3252 viewschristiand

No, just another dull encounter between two wealthy Premier League teams. What was the score in last year's final? Who cares really? I've enjoyed the run of Sutton and Lincoln (once over our embarrassment), but sure to see another FA cup final of 90 minutes of a mind numbing bore-fest!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 06:59 - May 27 with 3039 viewsBenters

I used to love watching the build up and game when it was on at 3pm.

Now its on at 5.30 its pants.

MMs lack of interest in the cups pisses me off also.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 07:02 - May 27 with 3039 viewsblue_oyster

It used to be one of the only live games of football on television all year, this is why it was exciting then, and not now.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 08:28 - May 27 with 2951 viewsnoitan

Not the same anymore. Late kick- off. Used to be great day no matter who was playing.

My first watching on tv was Blackpool vBolton Wanderers. 1953. Remember listening to Newcastle v Arsenal on radio 1952.

Shame really that Cup Final day has not got the same feeling about it. So many other competitions now and Wembley is commonplace.

Curlew

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 08:31 - May 27 with 2936 viewstcblue

Did Lincoln make the final?
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 08:51 - May 27 with 2910 viewsstrikalite

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 07:02 - May 27 by blue_oyster

It used to be one of the only live games of football on television all year, this is why it was exciting then, and not now.

Yep, also think the play offs and obviously the Champions League have become bigger in football so the domestic cups are down the excitement table..

Semi's at Wembley has also devalued it, too many games at Wembley now so it doesn't seem special as it should be, Christ even Spurs play home games there next season ffs..

A real shame, too much football on has killed it..
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:03 - May 27 with 2898 viewsBlueastheycome

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 07:02 - May 27 by blue_oyster

Pretty much this.

My dad said he could name every single fa cup final since he was a kid until around the 2000's.

I'm 25 and I'm not sure I could pick out 3 correctly in my lifetime.
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:04 - May 27 with 2898 viewsBenters

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 08:51 - May 27 by strikalite

Yep, also think the play offs and obviously the Champions League have become bigger in football so the domestic cups are down the excitement table..

Semi's at Wembley has also devalued it, too many games at Wembley now so it doesn't seem special as it should be, Christ even Spurs play home games there next season ffs..

A real shame, too much football on has killed it..

That first part,you sound like our very own Dinomick?

Gentlybentley

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:10 - May 27 with 2895 viewsstrikalite

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:04 - May 27 by Benters

That first part,you sound like our very own Dinomick?

It's sad yeah, can't believe I want to watch Huddersfield v Reading more tomorrow than the FA Cup final buh..
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:12 - May 27 with 2891 viewsBenters

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:10 - May 27 by strikalite

It's sad yeah, can't believe I want to watch Huddersfield v Reading more tomorrow than the FA Cup final buh..

Yeah come on 'uddersfield .

Gentlybentley

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:14 - May 27 with 2888 viewsstrikalite

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:12 - May 27 by Benters

Yeah come on 'uddersfield .

Not tomorrow it's Monday innit..
FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:16 - May 27 with 2886 viewsBenters

FA Cup final tomorrow...does anyone care? on 09:14 - May 27 by strikalite

Not tomorrow it's Monday innit..

Yeah its the other play off tomoz?

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024