Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why I'm not voting Labour 22:27 - May 29 with 36439 viewsJKITFC1

- Manifesto figures don't add up; unless the re-nationalization of rail, water etc. is going to be costless?
- As a payer of corporation tax, I'd much rather pay the Conservative proposed 17% rate to Labour's 26%, I believe in a time of economic uncertainty, it's important to help retain foreign businesses by reducing costs, rather than disincentivise them to stay in the UK.
- Corbyn will take an EU deal at any cost.
- Corbyn's IRA sympathies, as well as calling the death of Bin Laden a 'tragedy'.

Furthermore, Corbyn doesn't have the bottle to pull the trigger on terrorism. (below)

EDIT:

- McDonnell doesn't know bonds are debt instruments.
"We won't borrow, we will issue bonds."

- Two years ago Labour's shadow chancellor called for MI5 to be disbanded. Now Corbyn expects us to believe there will more money for them.

[Post edited 29 May 2017 22:58]
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:29 - May 29 with 6352 viewsLuk38644

Another thing to add to that list, I've seen plenty of small business owners say that the £10 minimum wage policy would just force them to reduce their staff numbers to cover the additional cost rather than raise wages for all of their staff and eat into their profits.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:30 - May 29 with 6342 viewsJakeITFC

In answer to your points:

- does the Conservative manifesto have costings?
- that's an entirely personal preference
- of course we have to have a deal of some sort, negotiating tactic or not
- the tragedy, of course, is that he wasn't arrested and put on trial. We have gained nothing from his death.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:31 - May 29 with 6331 viewsHARRY10

oh dear

you don't sound too bright

the tragedy of Bin Ladens death was that he should have been put on trial - and the question it begats is who didn't want him on trial, and why ?

but I should imagine all that is a bit too complex for you
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:31 - May 29 with 6324 viewsJ2BLUE

-fair enough
-fair enough
-based on?
-he explained that and believes in listening and negotiating where possible. As for Bin Laden he wanted him arrested rather than killed which would have been much better and could have provided intelligence.
-he wouldn't immediately give authorisation without asking questions first. Anyone who would is a monster. There was no info given about where the target would be. What if he was in a building next to a school or something?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:33 - May 29 with 6302 viewsJKITFC1

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:30 - May 29 by JakeITFC

- the tragedy, of course, is that he wasn't arrested and put on trial. We have gained nothing from his death.

I thought the title was evident that this was the case..
"that's an entirely personal preference "
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:33 - May 29 with 6297 viewsSomethingBlue

As you know very well, you are using point four completely out of context. No point bothering if you're going to be so disingenuous.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:35 - May 29 with 6279 viewsfeelingblue

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:29 - May 29 by Luk38644

Another thing to add to that list, I've seen plenty of small business owners say that the £10 minimum wage policy would just force them to reduce their staff numbers to cover the additional cost rather than raise wages for all of their staff and eat into their profits.

If they can afford to reduce their staff numbers without damaging their business, they should do it now, regardless of the minimum wage.

If reducing their staff numbers would damage their business, they would be pretty stupid to eat into their profits that way, rather than have a go at improving productivity or even just putting their prices up, possibly retaining or improving their profits.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:35 - May 29 with 6274 viewsJ2BLUE

God forbid they pay their staff a living wage. It's all about the profit. In fact, lets cut the minimum wage to £5 an hour so they make even more profit. That's definitely the answer.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:35 - May 29 with 6273 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

where do thos profits come from /

poncing off the state, that's where

Labour (workers) is a cost, so why should it be subsidised by the state

are there over costs subsidised ?

If they could simply cut the staff numbers and still function as well, why haven't they already ?

an absolute nonsense of an argument
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:37 - May 29 with 6248 viewsJakeITFC

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:33 - May 29 by JKITFC1

I thought the title was evident that this was the case..
"that's an entirely personal preference "

Ok, I just didn't want to spend an evening arguing why you like money more than other people.
on 22:39 - May 29 with 6211 views_

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:37 - May 29 by JakeITFC

Ok, I just didn't want to spend an evening arguing why you like money more than other people.

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:43 - May 29 with 6181 viewsJKITFC1

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:37 - May 29 by JakeITFC

Definitely not thinking about the livelihoods of those that will lose their jobs in proposed highest post-war tax conditions. Would you like to come down to my office and lay my employees off that can't be kept on due to unsustainable cost increases for me?
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:46 - May 29 with 6160 viewsPinewoodblue

Think this post sums up what is currently wrong with politics the world over. People need to be more positive and explain why they intend to vote the way thy are rather than this negative approach. This negative style resulted in Brexit and victory by Donald Trump some people just never learn.

Be positive or STFU.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:47 - May 29 with 6133 viewsJKITFC1

- I'm not going to vote for a Government that believes that creating MORE debt through issuing bonds is a sufficient way to fund its unrealistic policies.

on 22:48 - May 29 with 6115 views_

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:46 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Think this post sums up what is currently wrong with politics the world over. People need to be more positive and explain why they intend to vote the way thy are rather than this negative approach. This negative style resulted in Brexit and victory by Donald Trump some people just never learn.

Be positive or STFU.

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:50 - May 29 with 6109 viewsJKITFC1

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:46 - May 29 by Pinewoodblue

Be positive or STFU.

I don't see a problem with which way people are voting, on the basis they have an articulate argument behind it. It's well-known that this board has a lefty leaning, which is confirmed by all hostility received by similar posts/ right sympathetic equivalents.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:50 - May 29 with 6101 viewsHARRY10

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:43 - May 29 by JKITFC1

Definitely not thinking about the livelihoods of those that will lose their jobs in proposed highest post-war tax conditions. Would you like to come down to my office and lay my employees off that can't be kept on due to unsustainable cost increases for me?

The costs are NOT unsustainable as you have already told us.

How much will these extra costs simply replace money you ponce off the state (tax credits etc)

.......from your profits.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:51 - May 29 with 6084 viewsSuperfrans

Labour have already said they will make concessions to limit the impact on small businesses.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:52 - May 29 with 6070 viewsSuperfrans

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:30 - May 29 by JakeITFC

May said she would walk away with no deal. Really, no deal on Europol, no security deal. 😳

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:52 - May 29 with 6068 viewsJKITFC1

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:50 - May 29 by HARRY10

How much will these extra costs simply replace money you ponce off the state (tax credits etc)

I don't receive tax credits.

All is too dependent on the nature of the business and its origins.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:55 - May 29 with 6052 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'll take it you earn more than £10/hour then ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:56 - May 29 with 6049 viewsJKITFC1

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:52 - May 29 by Superfrans

May said she would walk away with no deal. Really, no deal on Europol, no security deal. 😳

Two years ago Labour's shadow chancellor called for MI5 to be disbanded. Now Corbyn expects us to believe there will more money for them.
Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:56 - May 29 with 6048 viewsJ2BLUE

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:50 - May 29 by HARRY10

We also have no idea how much profit he makes.

It's a bit like the £10 minimum wage. Some businesses make a profit where a big part of that is paying people below the real living wage. I feel really motivated knowing i'm sudsiding profits for the mega rich. The main owner of the company I work for is only worth £3bn. I might offer to take a pay cut.

Truly impaired.

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:56 - May 29 with 6043 viewsSuperfrans

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:43 - May 29 by JKITFC1

You won't have to lay people off. As they have said, concessions would be made for small businesses.

But, many many people on low wages (the current levels of living wage) have to claim benefits to still enable themselves to live. Why should the state foot the bill for companies who are only making profits by paying their workers wages they can't survive on?

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:56 - May 29 with 6041 viewsHARRY10

Why I'm not voting Labour on 22:52 - May 29 by JKITFC1

I don't receive tax credits.

All is too dependent on the nature of the business and its origins.

ok slowly........

how much of those extra costs (labour) will be money that your company now pays

but was previously working tax credits etc ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024