Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People getting upset by the DUP 17:23 - Jun 10 with 15110 viewsBluefish

Really do show themselves up as not having a clue but reading a few headlines and becoming offended.

The DUP would side with the Tories it is now going to be slightly more formal. I love how people keep referring the the Tories going into government with them. That isn't happening. I then had several people saying well how dare TM call them friends.............obciously all of JCs friends are lovely people.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

People getting upset by the DUP on 17:26 - Jun 10 with 8086 viewsvapour_trail

What do you think about the likely impact on the power sharing agreement in Northern Ireland, amd subsequently the people of Northern Ireland, as a result of one half of that agreement being brought into a informal relationship with her majesty's government?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

People getting upset by the DUP on 17:40 - Jun 10 with 8065 viewsBOjK

Well done. You've found some people using political terms incorrectly, corrected them and started a thread about it.

You win.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

People getting upset by the DUP on 17:50 - Jun 10 with 8015 viewsm14_blue

I think it's a quite a lot more complicated than you've suggested there.
People getting upset by the DUP on 18:08 - Jun 10 with 7966 viewsmutters

I have read what the DUP are about, I've read their manifesto (admittedly only since the results) and I can confidently say they are not for me. I am appalled that TM has made this move, she is clearly hanging onto power with this desperate move.

She failed to do what she said, and she failed spectacularly. She now has to go. It may not happen now, but I'd be amazed in 12 months if she is the leader/PM

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:09 - Jun 10 with 7954 viewsvapour_trail

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:08 - Jun 10 by mutters

I have read what the DUP are about, I've read their manifesto (admittedly only since the results) and I can confidently say they are not for me. I am appalled that TM has made this move, she is clearly hanging onto power with this desperate move.

She failed to do what she said, and she failed spectacularly. She now has to go. It may not happen now, but I'd be amazed in 12 months if she is the leader/PM

The DUP always vote with the tories anyway.

May has a max six months, to give the tories time to sort out as best as possible behind closed doors, what happens next.

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:12 - Jun 10 with 7944 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 17:40 - Jun 10 by BOjK

Well done. You've found some people using political terms incorrectly, corrected them and started a thread about it.

You win.

Thanks I often do

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:14 - Jun 10 with 7938 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 17:26 - Jun 10 by vapour_trail

What do you think about the likely impact on the power sharing agreement in Northern Ireland, amd subsequently the people of Northern Ireland, as a result of one half of that agreement being brought into a informal relationship with her majesty's government?

It doesn't need to have any impact at all. Without lots of hysteria from Corbyn supporters upset by losing it really does me a very little. I'm sure they will stoke up enough to make it a massive problem to make the agreement collapse and a new GE

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:16 - Jun 10 with 7928 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:08 - Jun 10 by mutters

They just have some views base on strong religious beliefs. Farron does as well as do corbs friends from Hamas and Hezbollah as do Sinn Fein

Login to get fewer ads

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:17 - Jun 10 with 7924 viewsBlueLikeJazz

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:14 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

It doesn't need to have any impact at all. Without lots of hysteria from Corbyn supporters upset by losing it really does me a very little. I'm sure they will stoke up enough to make it a massive problem to make the agreement collapse and a new GE

Psssst.......not sure you've understood that the 'point' of trolling is supposed to be to make *other people* look stupid....
People getting upset by the DUP on 18:20 - Jun 10 with 7909 viewsjas0999

Sadly a lot of people still think Corbyn won the election! So, talking anything other than Labour is somewhat pointless on here. Yes, they did remarkably well, but still fell well short. Tories did really badly, but still won the most seats, so constitutionally they are entitled to join forces with the DUP - it was really the only option, as frankly the other parties didn't have enough seats between them. It's as simple as that.
People getting upset by the DUP on 18:23 - Jun 10 with 7901 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:20 - Jun 10 by jas0999

Sadly a lot of people still think Corbyn won the election! So, talking anything other than Labour is somewhat pointless on here. Yes, they did remarkably well, but still fell well short. Tories did really badly, but still won the most seats, so constitutionally they are entitled to join forces with the DUP - it was really the only option, as frankly the other parties didn't have enough seats between them. It's as simple as that.

I'm suspicious that the corbz supporters are hoping to stir unrest in NI so they can force another election. Really would be disgraceful

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:26 - Jun 10 with 7884 viewsvapour_trail

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:14 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

You're teetering on the precipice of complete ignorance here fella.

Nothing to do with Corbyn supporters, that's an irrelevant sideshow.

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:31 - Jun 10 with 7858 viewsGunnsAirkick

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:16 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

They just have some views base on strong religious beliefs. Farron does as well as do corbs friends from Hamas and Hezbollah as do Sinn Fein

Their previous leader was involved with the UDA wasn't he? Are Loyalist Paramilitary groups not terrorists then?
People getting upset by the DUP on 18:46 - Jun 10 with 7805 viewsBlueNomad

You appear to be in a minority of one here Truce. Leaving Corbyn out of this, how do you see this panning out in respect of the Good Friday agreement?

The bottom line is that our government is now in thrall to a small band of Northern Irish nutters
People getting upset by the DUP on 18:46 - Jun 10 with 7801 viewsSwansea_Blue

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:20 - Jun 10 by jas0999

No, they really don't. A lot of people are happy he's done a lot better than expected. And there are a lot of genuine celebrations because they have won at local level, in some cases ousting Tories from 'safe' seats.

But I don't think anyone other than a few oddbodds will believe he actually won the election.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:53 - Jun 10 with 7784 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:46 - Jun 10 by BlueNomad

You appear to be in a minority of one here Truce. Leaving Corbyn out of this, how do you see this panning out in respect of the Good Friday agreement?

The bottom line is that our government is now in thrall to a small band of Northern Irish nutters

A minority of 1 not getting upset about an agreement that already existed before anyone got upset??

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:03 - Jun 10 with 7745 viewsFixed_It

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:23 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

I'm suspicious that the corbz supporters are hoping to stir unrest in NI so they can force another election. Really would be disgraceful

It would. But I really doubt that is anyone's motivation. I just think the smear campaign used by the Tory press (and the Tory party) against JC during the election now makes the government of our country look like a bunch of opportunistic hypocrites. Which they clearly are.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 19:04]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:20 - Jun 10 with 7694 viewsRyorry

It might seem weird to you, but I do find their anti-abortion, anti gay marriage, and questionable attitude to climate change quite offensive yes.

All you're doing here is showing yourself up as arrogant.

Oh, and some reading for you -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/09/from-climate-denial-to-abortion

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dup-hung-parliament-results-polici
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 19:22]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:25 - Jun 10 with 7664 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:20 - Jun 10 by Ryorry

It might seem weird to you, but I do find their anti-abortion, anti gay marriage, and questionable attitude to climate change quite offensive yes.

All you're doing here is showing yourself up as arrogant.

Oh, and some reading for you -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/09/from-climate-denial-to-abortion

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dup-hung-parliament-results-polici
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 19:22]

Do you find all religions offensive?

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:26 - Jun 10 with 7661 viewsvapour_trail

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:53 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

A minority of 1 not getting upset about an agreement that already existed before anyone got upset??

They voted together,sure. And there was nothing more to it.

Now, the ten, know the 300 need them. So the dynamic is completely different. For both sides of the chamber in Northern Ireland.

I'm sure you can see this quite clearly, this feels like wilful ignorance.

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:27 - Jun 10 with 7652 viewsPortmanRoadLibrary

People getting upset by the DUP on 18:31 - Jun 10 by GunnsAirkick

Their previous leader was involved with the UDA wasn't he? Are Loyalist Paramilitary groups not terrorists then?

Irish terrorists are only terrorists when they're connected to Jeremy Corbyn. It's not like the Tories are in any way hypocritical, obviously.
People getting upset by the DUP on 19:27 - Jun 10 with 7654 viewsRyorry

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:25 - Jun 10 by Bluefish

Do you find all religions offensive?

No, why should I? I don't dislike any religion per se, (though I prefer not to follow any myself) but I don't like some of the regressive beliefs that some of them want everyone else to adhere to.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 19:29]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:29 - Jun 10 with 7646 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:26 - Jun 10 by vapour_trail

They voted together,sure. And there was nothing more to it.

Now, the ten, know the 300 need them. So the dynamic is completely different. For both sides of the chamber in Northern Ireland.

I'm sure you can see this quite clearly, this feels like wilful ignorance.

Ok so they voted together before = no blubfest and now they are voting together but Corbz can't be PM = big blubfest

Nothing has changed ffs

If they are so offensive now then they were before. They still only get 1 vote each.

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:31 - Jun 10 with 7637 viewsBluefish

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:27 - Jun 10 by PortmanRoadLibrary

Irish terrorists are only terrorists when they're connected to Jeremy Corbyn. It's not like the Tories are in any way hypocritical, obviously.

Behave!

JC made friends with Sinn Fein while they were blowing up England. The Tories have a boring agreement during peace time.

If we want to talk hypocrisy JC talking with Sinn Fein was acceptable but now national disgrace because the Tories have spoken to the other side if the row

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:33 - Jun 10 with 7623 viewsm14_blue

People getting upset by the DUP on 19:27 - Jun 10 by Ryorry

No, why should I? I don't dislike any religion per se, (though I prefer not to follow any myself) but I don't like some of the regressive beliefs that some of them want everyone else to adhere to.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2017 19:29]

Absolutely.

Religion is one thing, religion in politics is quite another.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024