Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grenfell Tower disaster parallels in House of Cards - 1993 08:42 - Jun 20 with 2308 viewsYaffle

"Events, the politicians greatest enemy they say, plan until you're blue in the face then things just happen and events take over. Not terrorists this time it seems, an accident. A gas explosion in a rundown block of council flats, that's all."

I'm not suggesting any conspiracy or otherwise, just sharing as I found this fascinatingly similar to recent events and as the publisher of this states...

"I have absolutely zero intent to offend the victims, their families or the survivors of this dreadful and shocking event, nor to trivialise the nature of this disaster in comparing real world events to fictional television shows, and I wholly apologise if that is how this is judged. Neither do I wish to make a further comment on either the real event or opinions voiced in the fictional dialogue. What I will say though is that Urquhart's reaction in the BBC interview is chilling, and I hope not at all prescient. Beyond that, I am simply struck by how a 25-year old show can so closely resemble today's reality, with seemingly so few of the issues having been addressed in the interim."
on 09:01 - Jun 20 with 2263 views_

Grenfell Tower disaster parallels in House of Cards - 1993 on 09:26 - Jun 20 with 2233 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant writing and sadly prophetic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Grenfell Tower disaster parallels in House of Cards - 1993 on 09:29 - Jun 20 with 2222 viewsSuperfrans

I saw the still featuring the newspaper headline yesterday and assumed it was some kind of photoshop image - but apparently not. Chilling.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Grenfell Tower disaster parallels in House of Cards - 1993 on 09:30 - Jun 20 with 2218 viewsfactual_blue

on 09:01 - Jun 20 by _

I would think the Ronan Point disaster was the inspiration ( if that's the right word) for the gas explosion reference in House of Cards.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024