Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart staying or 3 decent players in? 12:22 - Jun 29 with 1511 viewsAxeldalai_lama

I know it's not as simple as that, and the pessimists will say we'll just sell him and not reinvest, BUT.....
Would people prefer keeping Bart and the squad pretty much as it is now, maybe swapping pitman and bru out for cheap punts aside. OR
Sell Bart for, say, £4 million and get 3 in for around the million mark to improve the squad.
Would a chunk need to be spent on a new keeper or could we cope with Gerken?

All completely pie in the sky hypothetical, just got me wondering.

I think I'd risk selling Bart and getting 3 good additions in, but it would be a risk. I might even risk keeping Gerks in goal, though ideally a cheap/ good/ young new keeper(loanee) would be better.
Bart staying or 3 decent players in? on 12:23 - Jun 29 with 1502 viewsReuser_is_God

I'd keep Bart, invest a 4/5 more good Championship players & have a right go at getting top 6.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bart staying or 3 decent players in? on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 1456 viewsTheBlueBarca

I think what Mick was saying was that players joining would be funded by departures. So assuming we have gotten shot of close to 10 sets of wages we had room to bring in Garner and Huws, along with another loan but I wouldn't expect much more without a sale.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Bart staying or 3 decent players in? on 12:48 - Jun 29 with 1419 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Bart staying or 3 decent players in? on 12:23 - Jun 29 by Reuser_is_God

I'd keep Bart, invest a 4/5 more good Championship players & have a right go at getting top 6.

I'd obviously be delighted with that scenario but has that ever happened? With or without Evans? We'd be talking 8 or 9 ready for first teamers brought in within 1 summer.
There's an argument to say that's what is needed, but can't see it happening.
I think another couple of half decent signings, plus Taylor coming in, will get us competetive, even if Bru and Pitman leave.
Bart staying or 3 decent players in? on 12:58 - Jun 29 with 1380 viewsIpswichTownNL

I'd insta sell Bart for 4 Million if indeed we would re-invest in 3 other million pound signings. I think the difference between Bart and Gerken is a lot closer than most fans make of it.

Bart is a fantastic keeper but Town fans act like he was created on the 8th day. He was not. Also Gerken did pretty good every time he was called up on.

I can see this getting about 20 minuses but if you value keeping Bart over potentially signing 3 decent players you’ve lost the plot.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024