Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. 09:09 - Aug 16 with 1417 viewsTVRBlue

I am taking an elderly relative (early 80's) to the match on Saturday. Her husband died a couple of months ago and they were season ticket holders in the West Stand for many years.

She still enjoys a half a shandy bless her so I thought I'd take her to the Fanzone so she'd be at the ground (and behind the West Stand) where she enjoyed watching the Town with her late husband. Am hoping there might be one or two ex-players at the Fanzone too that she'll remember watching - perhaps The Beat or Warky?

It would be good to put a smile on her face again.

Anyway, a couple of questions if I may.

1. She walks with the aid of a walking stick (the joys of getting older!). Am I likely to be able to get her a seat/chair to make her comfortable?

2. Is food available at the Fanzone? Not looking for a la carte but just wondered what is offered if at all.

Apologies for my ignorance but I frequent The Arcade Tavern before matches and the North Stand during matches so haven't been to the Fanzone yet.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Cheers

TVR Blue.
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 10:41 - Aug 16 with 1337 viewsSWGF

1. She walks with the aid of a walking stick (the joys of getting older!). Am I likely to be able to get her a seat/chair to make her comfortable?
Yes - there'll be seats available inside the marquee or outside. If not, am sure someone would give one up if they saw her.

2. Is food available at the Fanzone? Not looking for a la carte but just wondered what is offered if at all.
Yes - they have a concession stall each match. Last home match was caribbean stall (jerk chicken, goat curry, etc). Will find out this week's. There's also a coffee van.

Edit/update: The jerk chicken man is back again this Saturday
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 11:30]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:11 - Aug 16 with 1292 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'll PM you with more info, but I am sure it can be sorted.
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:21 - Aug 16 with 1276 viewsPhilTWTD

Barring injury or illness Beat will be around from midday-ish until 2pm doing Life's a Pitch. Just come over and see us - in the marquee - and I'm sure he'd be up for a chat.
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:29 - Aug 16 with 1249 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:21 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

Barring injury or illness Beat will be around from midday-ish until 2pm doing Life's a Pitch. Just come over and see us - in the marquee - and I'm sure he'd be up for a chat.

"Barring injury or illness"

The last 45 years have surely taught us that's not a given in his case!

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:35 - Aug 16 with 1231 viewsTVRBlue

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 10:41 - Aug 16 by SWGF

Yes - there'll be seats available inside the marquee or outside. If not, am sure someone would give one up if they saw her.

Yes - they have a concession stall each match. Last home match was caribbean stall (jerk chicken, goat curry, etc). Will find out this week's. There's also a coffee van.

Edit/update: The jerk chicken man is back again this Saturday
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 11:30]

Thank you for this info. She'll be pleased to know we should be able to get her a seat. The jerk chicken sounds brill.

The Fanzone it is!

Thanks again.

TVR Blue.
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 12:02 - Aug 16 with 1200 viewsTVRBlue

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:21 - Aug 16 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Phil.

Have enjoyed some interesting chats with "The Beat" at other events so will be good to see him again.

Oh how I remember chanting (in full youth-full exuberance) "Beattie is back, Beattie is back, hello, hello, Beattie is back!" in the old North Stand back in the day.

Those really were "the days"!
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 12:03 - Aug 16 with 1197 viewsTVRBlue

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:29 - Aug 16 by ITFC_Forever

"Barring injury or illness"

The last 45 years have surely taught us that's not a given in his case!

That made me chuckle - never a truer word spoken!
ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 12:04 - Aug 16 with 1193 viewsTVRBlue

ITFC Fanzone advice needed. on 11:11 - Aug 16 by Freddies_Ears

I'll PM you with more info, but I am sure it can be sorted.

Thank you.

Have "pm'd" you back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024