Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... 18:42 - Sep 7 with 1323 viewsYaffle

...pay for the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey? Apparently, if I have just understood what I read correctly if the ceiling isn't raised by 3 October, in any event, they may struggle to pay 25% of their bills in October.

I'm starting to think that the North Korea situation really is a convenient distraction.
Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 18:43 - Sep 7 with 1317 viewsJ2BLUE

This happens every so often. Ignore the drama, it will get raised again after some back and forth between the parties.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 18:51 - Sep 7 with 1310 viewsYaffle

Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 18:43 - Sep 7 by J2BLUE

This happens every so often. Ignore the drama, it will get raised again after some back and forth between the parties.

Indeed, I can recall a few years back during the Obama presidency some debate about if it couldn't get raised then they might not be able to afford to pay the Police and army pensions.

A bit like my Amercian Express card, surely sooner or later their credit will run out! Then what..?
Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 19:10 - Sep 7 with 1282 viewsfactual_blue

Their system of approving expenditure is set in such a way that there's very little spare cash in the govt coffers. Money has to be voted by Congress on a regular basis - and there are times when a congress dominated by the opposite party to the president delays or withholds approval. On several occasions under the Obama administration the US public sector - including the armed forces - didn't get paid on time. Many workers then get told they're basically laid off until there's the money to pay them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 19:45 - Sep 7 with 1242 viewsIllinoisblue

Is the US really so skint that it needed to raise the debt ceiling to... on 18:51 - Sep 7 by Yaffle

Indeed, I can recall a few years back during the Obama presidency some debate about if it couldn't get raised then they might not be able to afford to pay the Police and army pensions.

A bit like my Amercian Express card, surely sooner or later their credit will run out! Then what..?

then they'll just print more money

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024