Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tescos 07:03 - Sep 8 with 12742 viewsBenters

Has made £31.5m out of the 5p plastic bag charge !

In one year !

All that is going to charity right ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Tescos on 12:04 - Sep 8 with 6389 viewsClapham_Junction

Tescos on 07:36 - Sep 8 by noggin

All the money should go towards collecting and disposing of the plastic that is destroying marine life in the oceans. And with immediate effect, single use plastics should be outlawed.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 7:39]

Some African countries have led the way on this - Kenya I think were the latest to ban plastic carrier bags.

As well as the environmental impact, plastic bag litter causes public health issues in Africa as when they get a bit of water in them, they become breeding grounds for mosquitos carrying malaria etc.
Tescos on 12:10 - Sep 8 with 6376 viewsBenters

Tescos on 10:08 - Sep 8 by noggin

Just don't throw them in the sea.

Im amazed there is so much crap in the sea?

But then we have become a very scruffy lazy nation,just throw the crap out of the car windows,that sort of sh1t.

People have seemed to lost a bit of pride in our once beautiful countryside and coast .

Gentlybentley

Tescos on 12:32 - Sep 8 with 6354 viewsClapham_Junction

Tescos on 12:10 - Sep 8 by Benters

But then we have become a very scruffy lazy nation,just throw the crap out of the car windows,that sort of sh1t.

People have seemed to lost a bit of pride in our once beautiful countryside and coast .

It's scary how much plastic there is everywhere now: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/06/plastic-fibres-found-tap-wat

I was pleased to see the Scottish government thinking about bringing back the bottle return scheme. Even if some people still can't be arsed to recycle them properly, it will probably end up with tramps going round picking them up to get the return fee.
Tescos on 12:41 - Sep 8 with 6348 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tescos on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Benters

Not in my local tescos they havent .

They soon will do.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Tescos on 15:16 - Sep 8 with 6310 viewsBenters

Tescos on 12:41 - Sep 8 by StochesStotasBlewe

They soon will do.

Ive got loads of lovely canvas bags !

Gentlybentley

Tescos on 15:35 - Sep 8 with 6297 viewscrunchie1978

Tescos on 07:36 - Sep 8 by noggin

All the money should go towards collecting and disposing of the plastic that is destroying marine life in the oceans. And with immediate effect, single use plastics should be outlawed.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 7:39]

Here here....and they could start by not bagging single items in bags on my click and collect.
Tescos on 16:05 - Sep 8 with 6285 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Tescos on 07:48 - Sep 8 by ITFC_Forever

Tesco are the biggest sharks going.

Sainsbury's are worse in terms of screwing the supplier
Tescos on 16:08 - Sep 8 with 6282 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tescos on 08:49 - Sep 8 by TractorWood

Fair and agreed. However, the sort of money we are talking about here wouldn't even begin to make a dent in cleaning up the world's oceans. Humanity needs to sort out consumerism and perpetual growth mentality, not carry on growing, consuming and throw contextually trivial money at it.

Every little helps..

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Tescos on 16:23 - Sep 8 with 6265 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Tescos on 15:16 - Sep 8 by Benters

Ive got loads of lovely canvas bags !

My man bag is canvas, lovely beige colour.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Tescos on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 6234 viewsbrogansnose

Tescos on 12:10 - Sep 8 by Benters

People flytipping or just lobbing litter around really, really brings on my anger management issues.

So arrogant , selfish and lazy.
Tescos on 17:55 - Sep 8 with 6225 viewsWonky

Don't see bags lying or flying about now do you?. Used to hate that. Not now so much someone has had to pay for it.
Tescos on 17:57 - Sep 8 with 6223 viewsBenters

Tescos on 17:48 - Sep 8 by brogansnose

People flytipping or just lobbing litter around really, really brings on my anger management issues.

So arrogant , selfish and lazy.

Mine too mate !

BOOM

Gentlybentley

Tescos on 18:02 - Sep 8 with 6214 viewsbrogansnose

Tescos on 17:57 - Sep 8 by Benters

Mine too mate !

BOOM

I do a fair bit of conservation work at weekends and so man people say ' Oh, its lovely here and peaceful .' Then dump their picnic stuff there albeit wrapped up in a plastic bag and lobbed in a bush.

WTF ?
Tescos on 18:06 - Sep 8 with 6211 viewspoppiesman

Tescos on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Blue_Order

You could probably fit the same amount of shopping in one of their mugs.

Tell me about it!
I used to work for Yodel, and we delivered Sportsdirect parcels, and most had a free mug in them. THey weighed more and took up more of the parcel than the item customers had actually ordered. Most were delivered broken though in true Yodel tradition.lol
Tescos on 18:06 - Sep 8 with 6209 viewsBenters

Tescos on 18:02 - Sep 8 by brogansnose

I do a fair bit of conservation work at weekends and so man people say ' Oh, its lovely here and peaceful .' Then dump their picnic stuff there albeit wrapped up in a plastic bag and lobbed in a bush.

WTF ?

Shocking stuff isnt it and they paid 5p for that bag !

Gentlybentley

on 18:10 - Sep 8 with 6204 views_

Tescos on 18:14 - Sep 8 with 6198 viewsMedwayTractor

Tescos on 10:08 - Sep 8 by noggin

Just don't throw them in the sea.

Reading an article not so long ago about a young Dane who has invented some sort of gadget for scooping some of the plastic from the oceans.

One of the most damning statistics of our modern world is that the USA gets through 500,000 (yes, half a million) non-degradable plastic drinking straws EVERY DAY. Most of these end up in the oceans, just because Yanks can't be bothered to learn how to drink properly. Went into a refurbished local a couple of days ago with Mrs MT, she asked for a diet coke (yuk), the barperson (yuk) put a plastic straw in it automatically. What the Yanks do, ends up over here eventually!

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Tescos on 18:16 - Sep 8 with 6197 viewsBenters

Tescos on 17:55 - Sep 8 by Wonky

Don't see bags lying or flying about now do you?. Used to hate that. Not now so much someone has had to pay for it.

Thats true.

Gentlybentley

Tescos on 21:06 - Sep 8 with 6145 viewsClapham_Junction

on 18:10 - Sep 8 by _

I couldn't work out whether this was sarcasm or somehow you had missed the news that bag use is down 85%?
on 23:30 - Sep 8 with 6102 views_

Tescos on 21:06 - Sep 8 by Clapham_Junction

I couldn't work out whether this was sarcasm or somehow you had missed the news that bag use is down 85%?

Tescos on 23:42 - Sep 8 with 6095 viewsClapham_Junction

on 23:30 - Sep 8 by _

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/carrier-bag-charge-summary-of-data-in
on 00:02 - Sep 9 with 6075 views_

Tescos on 23:42 - Sep 8 by Clapham_Junction

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/carrier-bag-charge-summary-of-data-in

Tescos on 06:16 - Sep 9 with 6014 viewsBenters

on 23:30 - Sep 8 by _

Please do,i cant wait for your approval.

Gentlybentley

on 11:04 - Sep 9 with 5952 views_

Tescos on 06:16 - Sep 9 by Benters

Please do,i cant wait for your approval.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024