Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce 21:36 - Nov 1 with 2745 viewsCurrie10

Anyone either live / watched the highlights saw Smith allow the ball to bounce, lose it, the Cardiff player go 1 v 1 then have the audacity to have a pop at Chambers!?

Reminded me of Brentford away 15/16 when all Smith had to do was nail their player at 2-0, then there would have been no way back for Brentford.

A good player the majority of games however has a major error in him.
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:43 - Nov 1 with 2715 viewsArnieM

This is one of Smiths biggest failings, ( the other is he lives to hoof the ball). These two points will be what will prevent him from being a very good central defender. He is an average defender .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:48 - Nov 1 with 2692 viewsBasuco

You don't think that he deserves some leeway as last night was his second game of the season, his other game was 5th August the opening day of the season, bit harsh in my book.
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:49 - Nov 1 with 2687 viewsITFC_Forever

Smith can be decent, but always looks like he is never far away from a rick / loss of confidence / poor run of form / all three.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:50 - Nov 1 with 2684 viewsmagic

Rule number one for any defender in that area of the pitch, DON'T LET THE BALL BOUNCE. Criminal defending, have put it down to being out of action for a while. Crazy stuff for a professional of his experience.
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:55 - Nov 1 with 2658 viewsPJH

I thought Smith looked very vulnerable last night.
Letting that ball bounce as per OP and also having a pass intercepted which needed Knudsen to save another dangerous situation.
He gave away a freekick in the first few seconds and his night did not get much better from that.
As has been said it was his first first team game since August but in my opinion he should not be starting Saturday.
It is difficult because he will no doubt improve with games but we cannot afford to give him those games if he is making multiple mistakes.
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 22:02 - Nov 1 with 2636 viewsCurrie10

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:48 - Nov 1 by Basuco

You don't think that he deserves some leeway as last night was his second game of the season, his other game was 5th August the opening day of the season, bit harsh in my book.

I don't care if it was his first game, 50th, 250th or 500th it's basics that you get taught at under 11s level or whatever. One of the first basics of footy, is especially at CB you don't let the ruddy thing bounce!

I'm just amazed he still does this.

He frustrates the living hell into me. Very good defender for 89 mins of a game, a threat at the other end for set pieces. Then he does something out of the blue like this.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 22:03]
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 22:12 - Nov 1 with 2595 viewsPilgrimblue

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 22:02 - Nov 1 by Currie10

I don't care if it was his first game, 50th, 250th or 500th it's basics that you get taught at under 11s level or whatever. One of the first basics of footy, is especially at CB you don't let the ruddy thing bounce!

I'm just amazed he still does this.

He frustrates the living hell into me. Very good defender for 89 mins of a game, a threat at the other end for set pieces. Then he does something out of the blue like this.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 22:03]

He's always had a mistake in his game sometimes critical others not so. He does need more games but I agree that he shouldn't be thrown in until he's had more u23s etc.
I wouldn't play him ahead of Jonas and keep him on the bench.
Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 23:15 - Nov 1 with 2502 viewsCurrie10

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 22:12 - Nov 1 by Pilgrimblue

He's always had a mistake in his game sometimes critical others not so. He does need more games but I agree that he shouldn't be thrown in until he's had more u23s etc.
I wouldn't play him ahead of Jonas and keep him on the bench.

Agreed, hoping he's benched Sat and potentially a lot of minutes for NZ vs Peru.
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 09:14 - Nov 5 with 2252 viewsCurrie10

Tommy Smith LOVES a bounce on 21:48 - Nov 1 by Basuco

Wasn't even in the squad vs PNE...... nope, not harsh at all. Must do better!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024