Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 23:06 - Dec 23 with 12085 viewsitfcpaul

Have a great Christmas and New Year. Let's hope we take all 3 points from QPR and Derby. Yes it's a lot to ask for but we can wish. MM for all the faults we read about on here is doing an OK job. We are just outside the play offs with having had really bad injuries all season so far but we are in a much better position than most thought we would be. Keep this season going and with a little bit if luck with injuries and those sloppy moments defensively and you just never know. We could just find ourselves in the play offs!!

On a personal note I really hope that 2018 is far kinder to myself and my wife with her illness. She's been metorphoricalltmy kicked so many times this year by her illness it's sickening what it's done to both her and us. It's been a challenge like I would have never imagined possible. Like most mental illnesses it's the fact that she looks OK that hurts the most as people just don't appreciate how ill she is and just how devastating an illness like this is but fingers crossed for 2018. Just wish family members weren't the awful uninterested disbelieving disrespectful people they are.

Anyway life's here as a challenge and no matter how hard it is we keep attacking it head on. So from a football and personal point of view keep supporting and get behind the ones that are important and give you enjoyment and joy no matter how infrequent those moments come around and we will get there

COYB

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:16 - Dec 23 with 7197 viewsRyorry

I feel truly humbled when reading your posts Paul, and seeing the strength & guts that you've shown in dealing with all the problems that you and your good lady have had to face. I know that I could never have coped half as well as you if I'd had similar problems.

You're inspirational. Hats off to you both, and I hope Christmas is good for you - even more importantly, I hope 2018 is better for you both.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:22 - Dec 23 with 7192 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:16 - Dec 23 by Ryorry

I feel truly humbled when reading your posts Paul, and seeing the strength & guts that you've shown in dealing with all the problems that you and your good lady have had to face. I know that I could never have coped half as well as you if I'd had similar problems.

You're inspirational. Hats off to you both, and I hope Christmas is good for you - even more importantly, I hope 2018 is better for you both.

Cheers Ryorry
It's always uplifting and supportive when some takes the time to respond to one of my ramblings
Life's been so cruel to her in the last 2 years but end 2017 I lost my job in Novembee which as you can imagine put even more stress and pressure on my beautiful wife. This year we are over £20k down on income which has made things exceedingly hard and put enormous financial pressures on us both which has found us in what can only be called a financial hole but you just have to get on with it and fight back. Luckily I have a new job starting in January but it will take time to fight our way back. but we will. we always do

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:25 - Dec 23 with 7174 viewsjaykay

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:22 - Dec 23 by itfcpaul

Cheers Ryorry
It's always uplifting and supportive when some takes the time to respond to one of my ramblings
Life's been so cruel to her in the last 2 years but end 2017 I lost my job in Novembee which as you can imagine put even more stress and pressure on my beautiful wife. This year we are over £20k down on income which has made things exceedingly hard and put enormous financial pressures on us both which has found us in what can only be called a financial hole but you just have to get on with it and fight back. Luckily I have a new job starting in January but it will take time to fight our way back. but we will. we always do

i do hope 2018 is a better year for you both.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:30 - Dec 23 with 7167 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:25 - Dec 23 by jaykay

i do hope 2018 is a better year for you both.

Thank you for your kind words it's really appreciated

Let's support this team as well. Being from up north in Doncaster we don't get to many games with our situation but we still have 2 season tickets so our financial support is always there

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:45 - Dec 23 with 7136 viewsfactual_blue

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:22 - Dec 23 by itfcpaul

Cheers Ryorry

All the very best to you both.

It's hard to know else to say, but your love for wife shines through. Things will get better, both financially and emotionally -you clearly have the strength to see this through.

Don't waste time of energy on those indifferent to your position; concentrate on those who do care.

Once again all the very best for 2018.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:47 - Dec 23 with 7133 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:45 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

It's hard to know else to say, but your love for wife shines through. Things will get better, both financially and emotionally -you clearly have the strength to see this through.

Don't waste time of energy on those indifferent to your position; concentrate on those who do care.

Your words are too kind but appreciated enormously

Thank you and I just wish that people and especially family had the same feelings and support that you and many on here have for strangers

All the best

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 06:59 - Dec 24 with 7031 viewsTLA

I can imagine that seeing this year out and hoping for a better time ahead is important.

I hope you both have a good Christmas and that next year is a better one.

You know that you can always PM me for a chat if it helps.
Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 07:06 - Dec 24 with 7030 viewspeterleeblue

All the best Paul. Been through it all with my Mum down the years.
Try and have a great Xmas and a wonderful 2018.
Good luck with the new job.
Login to get fewer ads

the flippant and frivolous then the serious on 07:13 - Dec 24 with 7027 viewsPendejo

I would assert that football supporting is a mental illness; those that habitually follow the successful teams are compensating for lacks elsewhere in their lives. Those that faithfully follow mediocre teams are just plain certifiable.... especially RATS [Regular Away Town Supporters] Keep the faith!

Mental illnesses are cruel hidden afflictions... as you say "she looks ok" so difficult for people to understand. However, as you know your enemy you are in a position to fight it. Good luck. Keep the faith!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Dealing and coping with mental illness is tough! on 09:43 - Dec 24 with 6972 viewschristiand

Paul, I hope you and your wife can enjoy Christmas and here is to a better new year. If there is anything we can do, do not hesitate. Posting seems good therapy, there are a lot of sympathetic ears on this forum!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 9:46]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Dealing and coping with mental illness is tough! on 09:59 - Dec 24 with 6955 viewsitfcpaul

Dealing and coping with mental illness is tough! on 09:43 - Dec 24 by christiand

Paul, I hope you and your wife can enjoy Christmas and here is to a better new year. If there is anything we can do, do not hesitate. Posting seems good therapy, there are a lot of sympathetic ears on this forum!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2017 9:46]

Thank you
Your words really help. Sometimes just being able to vent anger via this forum helps and the comforting words in return are so warming

Have a great Christmas and New Year

the flippant and frivolous then the serious on 10:00 - Dec 24 with 6952 viewsitfcpaul

the flippant and frivolous then the serious on 07:13 - Dec 24 by Pendejo

I would assert that football supporting is a mental illness; those that habitually follow the successful teams are compensating for lacks elsewhere in their lives. Those that faithfully follow mediocre teams are just plain certifiable.... especially RATS [Regular Away Town Supporters] Keep the faith!

Mental illnesses are cruel hidden afflictions... as you say "she looks ok" so difficult for people to understand. However, as you know your enemy you are in a position to fight it. Good luck. Keep the faith!

Thank you for your kind words
We will continue to fight on both fronts

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 10:01 - Dec 24 with 6949 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 23:45 - Dec 23 by factual_blue

We can only try

Cheers

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 10:36 - Dec 24 with 6921 viewsSwailsey

All the best, as always Paul.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 10:41 - Dec 24 with 6915 views_

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 13:21 - Dec 24 with 6884 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 10:36 - Dec 24 by Swailsey

All the best, as always Paul.

same to you matey

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 13:21 - Dec 24 with 6882 viewsitfcpaul

on 10:41 - Dec 24 by _

Thank you
Same to you

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 15:59 - Dec 24 with 6836 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 13:21 - Dec 24 by itfcpaul

Thank you
Same to you

Paul, you are an absolute credit and a great bloke.

Mental illness is bloody tough and is something that cannot be visibly seen like a broken leg.
Depression, OCD, BDD, whichever form mental illness comes in is extremely difficult and I commend and take my hat off to you for your unwavering, unconditional support to your wife.

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and happy 2018 and hope Ipswich do well over the Christmas period and beyond.
Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 17:02 - Dec 24 with 6817 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 15:59 - Dec 24 by newcastlefan1984

Paul, you are an absolute credit and a great bloke.

Mental illness is bloody tough and is something that cannot be visibly seen like a broken leg.
Depression, OCD, BDD, whichever form mental illness comes in is extremely difficult and I commend and take my hat off to you for your unwavering, unconditional support to your wife.

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and happy 2018 and hope Ipswich do well over the Christmas period and beyond.

Thank you
As you can probably imagine I've not told the world everything but I have received so many kind words it would be nice to meet up with some of those who've helped at some point to thank them

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 22:18 - Dec 24 with 6759 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Merry Christmas to You and your wife. I hope u have a bloody good one and a top 2018 at that.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 22:31 - Dec 24 with 6746 viewsitfcpaul

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 22:18 - Dec 24 by TRUE_BLUE123

Merry Christmas to You and your wife. I hope u have a bloody good one and a top 2018 at that.

and the same to you my friend
Christmas is always a bad time for her due to her family not having anything to do with her as they don't believe she is ill

We usually take in a Boxing Day game to deflect some of the shut but this year we can't even afford that

Onward and upward 2018

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 10:15 - Dec 25 with 6665 viewsitfcpaul

Merry Christmas to everyone
Unfortunately won't be there tomorrow but let's get 3 points

Have a great Day

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 16:42 - Dec 25 with 6615 viewssolemio

Hearing about the mental health problems that people on here have to deal with - their own and those of loved ones - really has made me much slower to make a judgement about people I meet in my own life. I should have learnt this decades ago when my father had a spell in a mental hospital, but I didn't learn the lesson as well as I should have done.

I'm genuinely really grateful to those sharing their experiences on here for that.
Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 16:57 - Dec 25 with 6606 viewsSwailsey

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 16:42 - Dec 25 by solemio

Hearing about the mental health problems that people on here have to deal with - their own and those of loved ones - really has made me much slower to make a judgement about people I meet in my own life. I should have learnt this decades ago when my father had a spell in a mental hospital, but I didn't learn the lesson as well as I should have done.

I'm genuinely really grateful to those sharing their experiences on here for that.

Great post.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 16:58 - Dec 25 with 6606 viewschristiand

Mental illness and a wish to all ITFC fans for a great Xmas and an amazing 2018 on 16:42 - Dec 25 by solemio

Solemio don't beat yourself up about it you were probably young and impressionable, your knowledge of mental illness at the time compared to now has probably improved massively. I look back on how my dad was before he passed away a few years ago, I firmly believed he suffered with mental illness, but the signs have only registered now and after discussing his behaviour traits with my mum - Regretfully, we never acted on it!

I'm glad there is more awareness and understanding of the issue (it's never too late) it is great we have somewhere like this forum where people, like Paul, feel they can share something so personal. I believe that shows how respectful and supportive people are on here.
[Post edited 25 Dec 2017 16:59]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024