Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MAGICAL VEGAS 12:03 - Jan 11 with 8620 viewsThijssens_Tash

Is this some sort of sick joke?!
MAGICAL VEGAS on 12:14 - Jan 11 with 7179 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Nope

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/new-shirt-sponsorship/

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

MAGICAL VEGAS on 12:48 - Jan 11 with 7085 viewsblue_oyster

Charlie Mannings not available for comment.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

MAGICAL VEGAS on 12:54 - Jan 11 with 7060 viewsMarcFowler

Is there any group who is happy with this? Christ.

Marc Fowler

MAGICAL VEGAS on 13:11 - Jan 11 with 7023 viewsThijssens_Tash

So 2 Million divided over the 3 and a half years is about £600,000 a year...doesn't seem much to me, another £600,000 Evans wont invest probably
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:14 - Jan 11 with 7008 viewsBloots

MAGICAL VEGAS on 12:54 - Jan 11 by MarcFowler

Is there any group who is happy with this? Christ.

...but there's probably a large number that aren't really that bothered.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:40 - Jan 11 with 6977 viewsMarcFowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:14 - Jan 11 by Bloots

I'm surprised at how much I'm annoyed by it, actually. I literally thought it was a joke when I saw how bad the shirt looked.

It's another spit in the face of us being a family-oriented club. It's yet another obvious, clear misstep by management that has no connection to the fanbase whatsoever. Evans waits 10 years, then goes with an industry - not necessarily a company - that's at best morally questionable. And beyond that, the logo just looks absolutely terrible on that shirt.

I don't care about 'the realities of modern football' or any other reasoning to justify it - I don't like any component of it, and I think this should be the threshold at which we say as fans that enough is enough.

Marc Fowler

MAGICAL VEGAS on 13:42 - Jan 11 with 6965 viewsSwansea_Blue

ME's a big Johnny Vegas fan. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:43 - Jan 11 with 6954 viewsTheBlueBarca

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:40 - Jan 11 by MarcFowler

I'm surprised at how much I'm annoyed by it, actually. I literally thought it was a joke when I saw how bad the shirt looked.

It's another spit in the face of us being a family-oriented club. It's yet another obvious, clear misstep by management that has no connection to the fanbase whatsoever. Evans waits 10 years, then goes with an industry - not necessarily a company - that's at best morally questionable. And beyond that, the logo just looks absolutely terrible on that shirt.

I don't care about 'the realities of modern football' or any other reasoning to justify it - I don't like any component of it, and I think this should be the threshold at which we say as fans that enough is enough.

I just think we as consumers allow company's to walk all over us now. We're effectively changing and selling a new strip just pas mid season, a strip that will be changed in August.

It's also further sign of Evans spending less and looking to offload cost here. Why does he not just sell us off - the last few years have been our worse in the clubs history.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 6940 viewsMarcFowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:43 - Jan 11 by TheBlueBarca

I just think we as consumers allow company's to walk all over us now. We're effectively changing and selling a new strip just pas mid season, a strip that will be changed in August.

It's also further sign of Evans spending less and looking to offload cost here. Why does he not just sell us off - the last few years have been our worse in the clubs history.

Yeah, I agree - I could probably understand us selling out for success - if we're getting millions and it's going to take us to the next level and push us forwards. But if this languishing is success then I'd sooner keep the club's.. integrity, I guess is the word.

I have no problem with us being stationary in the Championship (though I'd sooner we play nicer football while doing it), but I really wish it would be one or the other. Yes, I'd sooner see us relegated but entertaining than this plus our football style and being where we are.

Marc Fowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 6933 viewshype313

If you're really that annoyed by something like this then I'd suggest you need to have a look at yourself.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:49 - Jan 11 with 6921 viewsMarcFowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:47 - Jan 11 by hype313

If you're really that annoyed by something like this then I'd suggest you need to have a look at yourself.

Haha don't get me wrong, it's not going to keep me up at night! I think if you're ever going to feel strongly about anything connected to your football club, this really should it. But you really don't think it's another nail in the coffin? Alright man. We disagree.

Marc Fowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:50 - Jan 11 with 6907 viewsblue_oyster

The logo tells you everything. The design, an array of meaningless colour, words and stars, has no connection to anything related to Ipswich or the club. Or at least, no connection to what we want Ipswich and the club to mean. It would appeal to some starstruck middle-aged gambling american woman living in Vegas, unable to escape. Nothing connected to a traditional footballing town, not even to England.

'Magical' and 'Vegas' -- two words Ipswich ain't.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

MAGICAL VEGAS on 13:51 - Jan 11 with 6907 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a good fit for ME.

Magical Vegas is a brand name of Daub Alderney Ltd, which is owned by Stride Gaming, which is registered in Jersey, presumably for tax reasons. Classy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MAGICAL VEGAS on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 6767 viewsNo9

MAGICAL VEGAS on 12:14 - Jan 11 by Ipswich_Crazy

Nope

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/new-shirt-sponsorship/

Registered in the Tax Haven, Alderney
Now to look for a Link with Mr Evans other tax avoiding vehicles befopre the DM do
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 15:18 - Jan 11 with 6756 viewsTendring_Blue

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:14 - Jan 11 by Bloots

Like me, it's investment into our football club. I'm happy, football is a horrible business, we can lay down in good old 1978 forever even if it was all better back then.

Look a bit crap, but don't they all.
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 15:32 - Jan 11 with 6732 viewsLord_Lucan

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:47 - Jan 11 by hype313

Agree, what the hell does it matter****

**** Actually I am against advertising of gambling but it's legal and while it is I don't have an issue that it is on our shirts.

It's only three and a half years so I won't see them anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 15:53 - Jan 11 with 6700 viewslongtimefan

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 13:49 - Jan 11 by MarcFowler

Haha don't get me wrong, it's not going to keep me up at night! I think if you're ever going to feel strongly about anything connected to your football club, this really should it. But you really don't think it's another nail in the coffin? Alright man. We disagree.

Presumably you were equally offended when we were sponsored by Greene King then?
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:21 - Jan 11 with 6651 viewsMarcFowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 15:53 - Jan 11 by longtimefan

Presumably you were equally offended when we were sponsored by Greene King then?

Well, not quite equally, but yes I don't agree with that either. You can't even drink in view of the pitch, so why the hell would it be okay to advertise alcohol on shirts? However, I'm slightly less annoyed by it because at least they're a local company. Would it be different if Magical Vegas literally was Mannings at Felixstowe? It would still be sh!t, but at least it wouldn't be quite as sh!t.

Like I said, it's not keeping anyone up at night, but I think if you're going to sell out as blatantly as this, it had better get you success. Which I don't think this will. If not, you've sold out _and_ you've failed.

Marc Fowler

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:22 - Jan 11 with 6647 viewsBenters2

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 15:53 - Jan 11 by longtimefan

It does look crap though,and ive never heard of it before.
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:24 - Jan 11 with 6644 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Can you buy replica shirts for children without the sponsor on? It should be illegal to advertise something like that to children
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:32 - Jan 11 with 6619 viewslongtimefan

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:21 - Jan 11 by MarcFowler

Well, not quite equally, but yes I don't agree with that either. You can't even drink in view of the pitch, so why the hell would it be okay to advertise alcohol on shirts? However, I'm slightly less annoyed by it because at least they're a local company. Would it be different if Magical Vegas literally was Mannings at Felixstowe? It would still be sh!t, but at least it wouldn't be quite as sh!t.

Like I said, it's not keeping anyone up at night, but I think if you're going to sell out as blatantly as this, it had better get you success. Which I don't think this will. If not, you've sold out _and_ you've failed.

I don’t understand why the locality of a company should have any bearing when your basically talking about ethics!
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:34 - Jan 11 with 6603 viewsartsbossbeard

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:24 - Jan 11 by FrowsyArmLarry

Can you buy replica shirts for children without the sponsor on? It should be illegal to advertise something like that to children

And it is.

ME logo on kids shirts still, I understand.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:36 - Jan 11 with 6598 viewslongtimefan

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:24 - Jan 11 by FrowsyArmLarry

Make sure you don’t buy one with the Sky Bet Championship logo on the sleeve
Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:43 - Jan 11 with 6564 viewsGeoffSentence

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:22 - Jan 11 by Benters2

It does look crap though,and ive never heard of it before.

You have now. £2million well spent.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:45 - Jan 11 with 6550 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Not really anything to be "happy" about.... on 16:34 - Jan 11 by artsbossbeard

And it is.

ME logo on kids shirts still, I understand.

Ok, good news
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024