Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So none of it invested into the first team then. 15:18 - Jan 11 with 4760 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/milne-explains-new-sponsorship-deal-with

Interesting quotes.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:18 - Jan 11 with 4746 viewsBackToRussia

"Good question", classic.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:22 - Jan 11 with 4720 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:18 - Jan 11 by BackToRussia

"Good question", classic.

Thrown Evans under the bus there I felt with that comment.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:23 - Jan 11 with 4715 viewsJ2BLUE

He doesn't actually say that. It's a pretty safe bet but he doesn't say it so it's wrong to say he does.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:24 - Jan 11 with 4695 viewsBackToRussia

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:22 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Thrown Evans under the bus there I felt with that comment.

Probably a bit tired of defending decisions he knows will go down like the proverbial.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:26 - Jan 11 with 4677 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:23 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

He doesn't actually say that. It's a pretty safe bet but he doesn't say it so it's wrong to say he does.

Quizzed if the money raised from the deal, which the club describes ‘close to £2m’, will go into Mick McCarthy’s first-team budget, he said: “Good question. It certainly goes into the club.

Safest best I will ever make.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 4665 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:24 - Jan 11 by BackToRussia

Probably a bit tired of defending decisions he knows will go down like the proverbial.

Yeah I dont blame him either, do wonder whether he might move on in the summer as well to be honest.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 4666 viewschicoazul

And when asked if this extra income would change the level of money that Evans invests in the club on an annual basis, Milne replied: “No. As we know his investment has increased."

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 4663 viewsWD19

Or, to put it another way...

"it helps to build the coffers and helps to build the team".

Not sure how you decouple "build the team" and "invested in first team"......unless you think that all of the money will be allocated to paying the wages of the U23s only!?
Login to get fewer ads

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 4662 viewsJ2BLUE

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:26 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Quizzed if the money raised from the deal, which the club describes ‘close to £2m’, will go into Mick McCarthy’s first-team budget, he said: “Good question. It certainly goes into the club.

Safest best I will ever make.

He was just saying the money will stay with us and not be taken out. It's an irrelevant point I agree because Evans could just fund the club with less of his own money which would achieve the same thing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:30 - Jan 11 with 4641 viewsTendring_Blue

He's saying it's going into the club but he obviously can't say how it will be spent.

I'm not bothered about it at all and don't really understand this massive moral crusade everyone has gone off on. It's Money and we need as much as possible.
So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:32 - Jan 11 with 4629 viewsWD19

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 by chicoazul

And when asked if this extra income would change the level of money that Evans invests in the club on an annual basis, Milne replied: “No. As we know his investment has increased."

You do remember that time where the fans decided to put less in via STs, meaning ME had to dig deeper........right?
So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:34 - Jan 11 with 4624 viewsPinewoodblue

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:27 - Jan 11 by J2BLUE

He was just saying the money will stay with us and not be taken out. It's an irrelevant point I agree because Evans could just fund the club with less of his own money which would achieve the same thing.

Not really sure how replacing sponsor A (Marcus Evans) with sponsor B (Magic Vegas) puts more money into the club. Can't see that Marcus Evans has said he will invest in the club the money he previously paid for having his name on the shirt.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:37 - Jan 11 with 4616 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:30 - Jan 11 by Tendring_Blue

He's saying it's going into the club but he obviously can't say how it will be spent.

I'm not bothered about it at all and don't really understand this massive moral crusade everyone has gone off on. It's Money and we need as much as possible.

We do need as much as possible but the club and the first team will never see the benefits of deals like this whilst Evans is in charge.

Any owner needs to take this money and invest it into the first team, academy and to take us forward, the same with any transfer dealings received but no I am sure we will invest it wisely into some more loan signings & f*ck all else as per usual.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:38 - Jan 11 with 4615 viewsPhilTWTD

Of course it will:

Milne: New Sponsorship Will Bolster Funding 11th Jan 2018 15:22
Managing director Ian Milne says Town’s new £2 million sponsorship from online gaming operator Magical Vegas will go into the club pot and will help “bolster the funding” of new additions to the squad. 104

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:47 - Jan 11 with 4579 viewshomer_123

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:34 - Jan 11 by Pinewoodblue

Not really sure how replacing sponsor A (Marcus Evans) with sponsor B (Magic Vegas) puts more money into the club. Can't see that Marcus Evans has said he will invest in the club the money he previously paid for having his name on the shirt.

Because, as an owner Marcus is restricted on how much he can sponsor the Club.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:49 - Jan 11 with 4571 viewsElderGrizzly

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:47 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Because, as an owner Marcus is restricted on how much he can sponsor the Club.

He always boasted of paying just above market rates, so at best this leaves us neutral in terms of income.

Big question is does he invest the money he was paying the club, or himself, for shirt sponsorship into other areas of the club? I think we know the answer...
So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:51 - Jan 11 with 4558 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:38 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

Of course it will:

Milne: New Sponsorship Will Bolster Funding 11th Jan 2018 15:22
Managing director Ian Milne says Town’s new £2 million sponsorship from online gaming operator Magical Vegas will go into the club pot and will help “bolster the funding” of new additions to the squad. 104

Yeah on loans, great

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:57 - Jan 11 with 4522 viewshomer_123

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:51 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Yeah on loans, great

Forgive me but haven't we paid fees for the likes of Waggy and Garner?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:59 - Jan 11 with 4517 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:57 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Forgive me but haven't we paid fees for the likes of Waggy and Garner?

Not with the money generated from this sponsorship deal.

Those deals just prove that there are bargains to be had out there and that this money could prove very valuable for Mick or a new manager coming in. It needs to re-invested IMO, not just lost in the black hole with the rest of the transfer fees accumulated over the years.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 16:03]

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:16 - Jan 11 with 4485 viewshomer_123

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:59 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Not with the money generated from this sponsorship deal.

Those deals just prove that there are bargains to be had out there and that this money could prove very valuable for Mick or a new manager coming in. It needs to re-invested IMO, not just lost in the black hole with the rest of the transfer fees accumulated over the years.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 16:03]

Isn't that black hole Evans though?

Who then covers our shortfall losses?

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:20 - Jan 11 with 4476 viewsBackToRussia

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:49 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

He always boasted of paying just above market rates, so at best this leaves us neutral in terms of income.

Big question is does he invest the money he was paying the club, or himself, for shirt sponsorship into other areas of the club? I think we know the answer...

Exactly. That's all it boils down to.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:23 - Jan 11 with 4471 viewshomer_123

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 15:49 - Jan 11 by ElderGrizzly

The money from this new sponsor will likely be more than Evans was paying to sponsor - rules under FFP regulate how much an owner can sponsor - it's can't be more than a certain % above market rate, if memory serves.

But we can command as much as we like from an outside source.

Therefore, if Evans keeps his investment at the 'same' level as know plus we have an additional £572K over the next 3.5 years, we have more coming into the Club and more available.

Assuming he keeps his investment level the same.

That all being said - I would not be surprised to see him selling up by the end of 2018.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:28 - Jan 11 with 4459 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:16 - Jan 11 by homer_123

Isn't that black hole Evans though?

Who then covers our shortfall losses?

Yes, he has covered those losses for a number of years. Now all that's happened is that we will still have the same budget etc, he will just put less of his own money into the club each year where that extra money should be going towards improving all areas of the club.

I would wager anything that Mick or the new manager will not be given any more of a budget than we currently have and thats the point I am trying to make which saddens me, considering this should be good news for the club and a much needed boost for the transfer funds etc.

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:45 - Jan 11 with 4426 viewsHerbivore

So none of it invested into the first team then. on 16:28 - Jan 11 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

Yes, he has covered those losses for a number of years. Now all that's happened is that we will still have the same budget etc, he will just put less of his own money into the club each year where that extra money should be going towards improving all areas of the club.

I would wager anything that Mick or the new manager will not be given any more of a budget than we currently have and thats the point I am trying to make which saddens me, considering this should be good news for the club and a much needed boost for the transfer funds etc.

The money from this sponsorship deal would cover one good free transfer signing for the duration of their contract, it's hardly a windfall.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024