Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most senior forum member? 21:19 - Feb 12 with 27448 viewsBbmaj

Apart from Gav and Phil, whose been on here longest?

Now watch all the old farts throw their car keys into a pot...
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 23:08]
Most senior forum member? on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 4324 viewssoupytwist

I remember Mark E Owen's ITFC message board which must have been around 95/96 and then migrating to the TWTD board. I was RL_Matt for quite a while back then.

The year we played Swindon away just after Christmas a poster called Asianblueboy (who lived in Hong Kong at the time and is now Unstableblue I think) wrote a post afterwards detailing how we would get into the playoffs predicting the results for each of our remaining games. I printed it off and put it on the wall by my desk at work. Of course we made it to the playoffs, only to lose in the semis.
Most senior forum member? on 12:00 - Feb 13 with 4312 viewschicoazul

Most senior forum member? on 21:34 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

Probably me

You popped up in 2004/5 slagging off Royle mate, nobody knew of you before then.

I've been here since 1998.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Most senior forum member? on 12:23 - Feb 13 with 4282 viewsBluefish

Most senior forum member? on 12:00 - Feb 13 by chicoazul

You popped up in 2004/5 slagging off Royle mate, nobody knew of you before then.

I've been here since 1998.

Pah

I was here somewhere around 98 using a freeserve disc

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most senior forum member? on 12:24 - Feb 13 with 4282 viewsGogs

Most senior forum member? on 21:33 - Feb 12 by Bbmaj

Ipswich Town have had a website since 1983.

I own trousers that are older than you.

Make of that what you will.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:34]

1983? 1993 surely. T’internet wasn’t a thing in 1983
Most senior forum member? on 12:25 - Feb 13 with 4275 viewsgiant_stow

Most senior forum member? on 12:24 - Feb 13 by Gogs

1983? 1993 surely. T’internet wasn’t a thing in 1983

Gogs, no!!!!! Where's your punny avatar gone?! so sad.

Edit: I reckon I date to the version Rivals era, so early 00s?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 12:31]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Most senior forum member? on 12:26 - Feb 13 with 4276 viewsmaccyd9

My first memory of posting was the night Marcus Stewart signed. So that's a fair while.
Most senior forum member? on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 4247 viewsCitrixBlue

Most senior forum member? on 11:52 - Feb 13 by soupytwist

I remember Mark E Owen's ITFC message board which must have been around 95/96 and then migrating to the TWTD board. I was RL_Matt for quite a while back then.

The year we played Swindon away just after Christmas a poster called Asianblueboy (who lived in Hong Kong at the time and is now Unstableblue I think) wrote a post afterwards detailing how we would get into the playoffs predicting the results for each of our remaining games. I printed it off and put it on the wall by my desk at work. Of course we made it to the playoffs, only to lose in the semis.

remember those times fondly, back then I was StIvesBlue and enjoyed a good conversation with AsianBlueBoy. Soon after we migrated to TWTD we had the opportunity to sponsor a town player - Manuel Thetis. Got to meet the player in person before a game, Mauricio Taricco did the translating for us, think Phil even had hair then too.... #TWTD
Most senior forum member? on 12:51 - Feb 13 with 4251 viewsRoyKeanesDog

As far as I'm concerned, you are a true TWTDer if you smile with nostalgia when you hear the name ManningtreeEd.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Most senior forum member? on 12:52 - Feb 13 with 4240 viewsusm

Late 90s for me I reckon.

Blimey, I could be a 20-year vet...who'd have thought...

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Most senior forum member? on 12:59 - Feb 13 with 4226 viewscvillageblue

Been on since the days we lost out to Bradford for promotion and contributed to the early issues of the paper fanzine.

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Most senior forum member? on 13:10 - Feb 13 with 4208 viewsTMWWNGAS

Although I'm more of an innocent bystander.. I used to post under the name 32Axeldahl So at least 1999! - I thought he'd be great and unfortunately it wasn't to be!
Most senior forum member? on 13:23 - Feb 13 with 4179 viewssoupytwist

Most senior forum member? on 12:49 - Feb 13 by CitrixBlue

remember those times fondly, back then I was StIvesBlue and enjoyed a good conversation with AsianBlueBoy. Soon after we migrated to TWTD we had the opportunity to sponsor a town player - Manuel Thetis. Got to meet the player in person before a game, Mauricio Taricco did the translating for us, think Phil even had hair then too.... #TWTD

I contributed to the sponsorship of of Thetis but didn't n't go to the meet the player bit as I'm painfully shy. I should have done as my French is good enough to have acted as translator
Most senior forum member? on 13:35 - Feb 13 with 4166 viewsconnorscontract

Most senior forum member? on 12:51 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

As far as I'm concerned, you are a true TWTDer if you smile with nostalgia when you hear the name ManningtreeEd.

I always bring up VeLoBiNd in these threads. Grade A damaged goods... he was a Norwich fan- maye there's a link.

Another weird Budgie was Squatting Neville. He used to post the same message again and again:

"I'm Squatting Neville and I like to squat.

OTBC"

Other random TWTD memories:

When Phil actually asked Davd Sheepshanks what his favourite Cheese was, and got the reply "Suffolk Blue, of course".

The Rose Malster saga. If she'd won the case, we'd not have destroyed the atmosphere and it may have been enough to gain an extra point or two in the relegation season AND even if not we'd have been able to weather the relegation and ITV Digital collapse from a financial perspective...

The horse's head in the background was a sort of faded blue on a white background I think, Lucan.

When Old Git was a regular report writer and poster, and his amazing characterisations of players I'd never (at that point) seen but felt like I knew a lot about eg Eager Beevers

When "Part-Timer" was the biggest insult on TWTD, rather than a philosophical position taken by many who see themselves as adhering to the Ipswich Way in protest to Evans, Mick or both. It usually was reserved for those non-Season Ticket Holders who were seeking tickets for the never-ending procession of Play Off Semi-Finals we reached in the early days of TWTD.

Characters: NewmarketBlue, Haverhill, and of course DalaiFarmer (aka moodyblue I think)

Random odd usernames that are lodged in my brain: Big Eared Boys on Farms, FootFetish

Years and years ago a couple of users posted conversations every now and then as Suffolk ol' buhs who would discuss going down "The Brockles" to fish.

TWTD, you've taken up far too much of my time, and over-loaded a good 30% of memory capacity!
Most senior forum member? on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 4158 viewsITFC_Forever

Most senior forum member? on 12:51 - Feb 13 by RoyKeanesDog

He's still about, lurks alot and posts from time to time under a new identity.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Most senior forum member? on 13:47 - Feb 13 with 4153 viewsITFC_Forever

I've read the paper version of TWTD since Paul Stephens founded it and used to sell it outside PR on match-days and contribute the odd article, and have been on here in cyber form since around 2004-05-ish.

But when I was at uni in the mid-90s and e-mail and the internet were starting to become more widespread, I was a member of an ITFC e-mail distribution list where members would debate everything ITFC and beyond (much like TWTD), and you would receive e-mails with each contribution.
I re-joined it a few years later when I had a computer for work, but as I was out and about with work for most of the day, before doing my "admin" at home via PSDN line, the e-mail volume became too much, so I unsubscribed, that would have been the summer of 2000.

Most senior forum member? on 13:49 - Feb 13 with 4146 viewsBluefish

Most senior forum member? on 13:35 - Feb 13 by connorscontract

I always bring up VeLoBiNd in these threads. Grade A damaged goods... he was a Norwich fan- maye there's a link.

Another weird Budgie was Squatting Neville. He used to post the same message again and again:

OTBC"

When Phil actually asked Davd Sheepshanks what his favourite Cheese was, and got the reply "Suffolk Blue, of course".

The Rose Malster saga. If she'd won the case, we'd not have destroyed the atmosphere and it may have been enough to gain an extra point or two in the relegation season AND even if not we'd have been able to weather the relegation and ITV Digital collapse from a financial perspective...

The horse's head in the background was a sort of faded blue on a white background I think, Lucan.

When Old Git was a regular report writer and poster, and his amazing characterisations of players I'd never (at that point) seen but felt like I knew a lot about eg Eager Beevers

When "Part-Timer" was the biggest insult on TWTD, rather than a philosophical position taken by many who see themselves as adhering to the Ipswich Way in protest to Evans, Mick or both. It usually was reserved for those non-Season Ticket Holders who were seeking tickets for the never-ending procession of Play Off Semi-Finals we reached in the early days of TWTD.

Characters: NewmarketBlue, Haverhill, and of course DalaiFarmer (aka moodyblue I think)

Random odd usernames that are lodged in my brain: Big Eared Boys on Farms, FootFetish

Years and years ago a couple of users posted conversations every now and then as Suffolk ol' buhs who would discuss going down "The Brockles" to fish.

TWTD, you've taken up far too much of my time, and over-loaded a good 30% of memory capacity!

It's always good to remember when Phil and the board were fun. Twtd

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most senior forum member? on 13:57 - Feb 13 with 4136 viewsITFC_Forever

OTBC"

I always liked StupidBigMouthHead's updates.

If only someone could exhume the character and bring him back to life - we never did find out who was behind him. Too funny, too often to have been Blueas, who was a bit hit and miss, but on the whole I liked him.

Nerdy was an odd one. Hated Burley, hated Sheepy and seemed to hate everyone and everything connected to ITFC. I did challenge him one day as to what he would do differently, and had given up on him replying, when he came up with a monster of a post, going in to detail as to what he would do given the chance. He went up massively in my estimation after that as he actually had thought about it and presented it in a constructive and well-thought out manner, rather than his usual fault-finding and general sniping.

Most senior forum member? on 14:31 - Feb 13 with 4113 viewsmos

Christ. There are some people I have never seen on here before that have happened to actually been on this forum for longer than I’ve been alive!

Crazy to think that these TWTD veterans rarely comment, but do regularly browse TWTD.

Scenes.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Most senior forum member? on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 4103 viewsRoyKeanesDog

OTBC"

JimThePixie is a forgotten hero too.

Poll: Best Football Song

Most senior forum member? on 14:41 - Feb 13 with 4097 viewsLord_Lucan

OTBC"

VeLo was great but Squatting Neville was a Town fan - possibly Bulbeck / Sparks?

I seem to recall that Simon Clegg also answered the cheese question - but before he was even asked.

Horse head. Yes, but was the original board with or without head?

Old Git was / is great but has somewhat been forced off by The Trendy Mafiosi

Moodyblue = Moodybloo

Footfetish was as hot as holy feck.

Another interesting look back. I remember Sheepy coming on here very late after the play off final, thanking us all and signing off "Your very tired and emotional chairman"

I also remember Darren Bent coming on here after possibly a Youth Cup semi final and pronouncing "Wow, did that just happen"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Most senior forum member? on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 4086 viewschicoazul

Most senior forum member? on 13:57 - Feb 13 by ITFC_Forever

I always liked StupidBigMouthHead's updates.

If only someone could exhume the character and bring him back to life - we never did find out who was behind him. Too funny, too often to have been Blueas, who was a bit hit and miss, but on the whole I liked him.

Nerdy was an odd one. Hated Burley, hated Sheepy and seemed to hate everyone and everything connected to ITFC. I did challenge him one day as to what he would do differently, and had given up on him replying, when he came up with a monster of a post, going in to detail as to what he would do given the chance. He went up massively in my estimation after that as he actually had thought about it and presented it in a constructive and well-thought out manner, rather than his usual fault-finding and general sniping.

Nerdy was posting on the EADT comments BTL on their various ITFC articles until recently as Pundit. He was totally insane but like all nutters, there was a sliver of genius in there too.

I still laugh to myself when I think about Marcus Stewart signing Belstead's black away shirt with a black pen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Most senior forum member? on 14:59 - Feb 13 with 4072 viewsSaleAway

Been around since 1999, was a pure lurker for a while, then Stockley Park Blue in my london time back when I actually regularly went to games..

Squatting Neville is always a memory that makes me laugh purely for the weirdness.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Most senior forum member? on 15:05 - Feb 13 with 4070 viewsKeno

Most senior forum member? on 14:41 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

VeLo was great but Squatting Neville was a Town fan - possibly Bulbeck / Sparks?

I seem to recall that Simon Clegg also answered the cheese question - but before he was even asked.

Moodyblue = Moodybloo

Another interesting look back. I remember Sheepy coming on here very late after the play off final, thanking us all and signing off "Your very tired and emotional chairman"

I also remember Darren Bent coming on here after possibly a Youth Cup semi final and pronouncing "Wow, did that just happen"

My one and only valuable contribution to TWTD, possibly the world, was at the end of a conversation with Simon Clegg suggesting he surprise Phil by telling him his favourite cheese.

Phil may confirm that.

Ive been around since the mid/late 90's, for which I blame my nephew now a Teacher in Felixstowe.

I miss Blueas, Mariner, Warky and Daisy

Malcy's late Saturday evening musing were fun.

Deckchair Derek deserves a mentioned

As does East Fife Eric (tho I am not sure any else remembers him!!)

And I think the temporary board after rivals was the best platform
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 15:06]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Most senior forum member? on 15:18 - Feb 13 with 4053 viewsblueislander

Most senior forum member? on 14:41 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Moodyblue = Moodybloo

I always thought that Squatting Neville was a Vesty alias, like Windowlicker. I have done my 20 years with only one change of username, brought about by the migration from Rivals.
Most senior forum member? on 15:19 - Feb 13 with 4051 viewsvilanovablue

21 years and 2 user names later...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024