Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the main 7 rumoured names 09:28 - Apr 4 with 10361 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What is your order of preference of those potential managers.

For me it would be:

1) Steijin
2) Mowbray
3) Warburton
4) Pardew
5) McClaren
6) Cowley
7) Stam
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 9:42]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 2330 viewsTractorCam

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:27 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

Excited you say?

Shines a different light on things, perhaps he was forced to adapt to the top divison? Still mid table on the lowest budget in the league. Shows he has a plan B too.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:33 - Apr 4 with 2326 viewsKieran_Knows

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:32 - Apr 4 by TractorCam

Shines a different light on things, perhaps he was forced to adapt to the top divison? Still mid table on the lowest budget in the league. Shows he has a plan B too.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be against bringing him in either, as it would be something different, but I get the impression we would perhaps need someone to work alongside him (like Wagner had Webber at Huddersfield) for it to be some sort of success.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:43 - Apr 4 with 2299 viewsTractorCam

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:33 - Apr 4 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough. I wouldn't be against bringing him in either, as it would be something different, but I get the impression we would perhaps need someone to work alongside him (like Wagner had Webber at Huddersfield) for it to be some sort of success.

Have to agree with you there. Of course it would be a gamble but certainly one which I'd imagine all the fans would accept, no manager candidate is perfect.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 11:48 - Apr 4 with 2280 viewsBlueRaider

1) Mowbray
2) Warburton
3) Steijn
4) Cowley
5) McClaren
6) Stam
7) Pardew

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:02 - Apr 4 with 2253 viewsKuqicoo

Steijn
Jones
Warburton
Hurst
Cook
Mowbray
Mclaren

Not the 7 favs but my picks!
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 12:05]
From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:06 - Apr 4 with 2238 viewsBiGDonnie

It has to be Mowbray for me. I'd be happy with Warburton, McClaren or Steijin. Tyhe nostalgic elemenet of Mowbray coming in would give the whole club a serious boost and could really set us up for next season.

Venus as his assistant

Edit - I'd be well happy with Paul Cooke from Wigan too.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 12:08]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:23 - Apr 4 with 2213 viewsVic

Trouble is with these are that most have a relatively poor recent record. OK, TM is doing well now, but prior to Blackburn, with a great squad, he's not had huge success. He's top for me only on the back of his current success. I wouldn;t be sad if we didn;t get him. Steijin seems to have some good things said about him, but has anyone actually seen or followed his teams personally? He's such an unknown that I'm surprised people keep bringing him up. Thats said, he's on my list because I'd rather have an unknown than those below him on my list!

1) Mowbray
2) Warburton
3) McClaren
4) Steijin
5) Cowley
6) Pardew
7) Stam

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:24 - Apr 4 with 2211 viewstcblue

Mowbray
The other 4 in no real order
Steijin (I just don't know anything about him, and the Dutch league is *so* poor in quality)
Hitler
Ming the Merciless
A metephysical anthropomorphism of Death

Pardew
Login to get fewer ads

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:29 - Apr 4 with 2202 viewsginkyblue

1) Burley
2) Mowbray
3) Kuqi

Poll: Letting smoke bomb off

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:34 - Apr 4 with 2194 viewsPJH

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:23 - Apr 4 by Vic

Trouble is with these are that most have a relatively poor recent record. OK, TM is doing well now, but prior to Blackburn, with a great squad, he's not had huge success. He's top for me only on the back of his current success. I wouldn;t be sad if we didn;t get him. Steijin seems to have some good things said about him, but has anyone actually seen or followed his teams personally? He's such an unknown that I'm surprised people keep bringing him up. Thats said, he's on my list because I'd rather have an unknown than those below him on my list!

1) Mowbray
2) Warburton
3) McClaren
4) Steijin
5) Cowley
6) Pardew
7) Stam

I think that I would just about agree with your listing except probably having Pardew above Cowley.

Certainly agree with your top two and your seventh place.
From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:44 - Apr 4 with 2180 viewsgrimboy

Warburton for me by a country mile.
From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 2167 viewsHerbivore

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:23 - Apr 4 by Vic

1) Mowbray
2) Warburton
3) McClaren
4) Steijin
5) Cowley
6) Pardew
7) Stam

Mowbray's record is mixed to be fair, not bad by any stretch but he's had failures as well as successes. He did well at West Brom but less well at Celtic and Boro which is kind of worrying as they were both former clubs of his as a player, which would be the same as for us.

To be fair though, any manager we get with experience at this level will have had their fair share of failures. It'll only be if we get an up and comer like Hurst, Jones or Adams that we'll be getting a manager with no history of failure and those guys would all be seen as a gamble.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

From the main 7 rumoured names on 12:50 - Apr 4 with 2165 viewsGlasgowBlue

1) Mowbray
2) Warburton
3) McClaren
4) Steijin
5) Cowley
6) Stam
7) Pardew

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

From the main 7 rumoured names on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 2145 viewsbenno1uk

1) Cowley
2) Warburton
3) Mowbray
4) Stam
5) Steijin
6) McClaren
7) Pardew
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 13:00]
From the main 7 rumoured names on 13:06 - Apr 4 with 2131 viewsfabian_illness

I like Mowbray, he's having some success at Blackburn which is good to see.
But I worry about former players returning, they must have a hell of a lot of pressure on their shoulders to perform, I'd hate to think the hero status he holds at Portman Rd would be tarnished.
I don't think he'll come although I would certainly welcome him wholeheartedly if he did.

What I really don't want is one of the merry-go-round of ordinary run of the mill men, mclaren, pardew etc etc.

We know literally nothing about the Dutch guy, it baffles me why the link remains.

Out of the remaining list, it has to be Warburton, I liked the football Forest were playing when they came the PR, they were a bit fragile at the back but they played some good football.
I think he's a very intelligent man, but he's always been plagued by issues out of his control where ever he has been. I think the way our much maligned owner lets the manager get on and gives them plenty of time would really suit MW. He's my top pick from that bunch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024