Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit 01:05 - Apr 11 with 7647 viewsPhilTWTD

https://www.twtd.co.uk/extras/mp3/mm.mp3

This post has been edited by an administrator
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 01:38 - Apr 11 with 7403 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Mick McCarthy to the very last.

All it's missing is the theme tune from Sanford & Son...

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 04:02 - Apr 11 with 7272 viewsVic

Extraordinary!

What a sad way to go. To be generous he may have been cut up and that was his cackhanded, manlike way of dealing with it. But that clip suggests a rude and arrogant man - which is not the way I want to remember him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:34 - Apr 11 with 7152 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 04:02 - Apr 11 by Vic

Extraordinary!

What a sad way to go. To be generous he may have been cut up and that was his cackhanded, manlike way of dealing with it. But that clip suggests a rude and arrogant man - which is not the way I want to remember him.

Really, trying to maintain some dignity comes to mine.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:36 - Apr 11 with 7151 viewsdidsburyblue

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 04:02 - Apr 11 by Vic

Extraordinary!

You may not want to remember him as arrogant and rude, but as has been proven on numerous occasions throughout his tenure this is exactly what he is
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:54 - Apr 11 with 7104 viewsCrawfordsboot

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:36 - Apr 11 by didsburyblue

You may not want to remember him as arrogant and rude, but as has been proven on numerous occasions throughout his tenure this is exactly what he is

I suggest it is worth reflecting for a moment and asking how do yo think he will remember our club and our fans!
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 07:19 - Apr 11 with 7021 viewsdidsburyblue

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:54 - Apr 11 by Crawfordsboot

I suggest it is worth reflecting for a moment and asking how do yo think he will remember our club and our fans!

I think it’s pretty clear what his opinions of both are. Interesting how the last few months of his time here mirror exactly the same at both Wolves and Sunderland.
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 07:57 - Apr 11 with 6916 viewsbraveblue

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 07:19 - Apr 11 by didsburyblue

I think it’s pretty clear what his opinions of both are. Interesting how the last few months of his time here mirror exactly the same at both Wolves and Sunderland.

Exactly. He seems to be able to bring out the worst in people. Including himself. Quite a skill.
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 08:57 - Apr 11 with 6757 viewsSouperJim

To my ears it's less of a two fingered salute to the fans and more of a two fingered salute to the press in the room. I've done the interview, I'm leaving, I'm not going to say goodbye to any of you guys and I'm not going to answer any questions about my departure, I'm just walking out.

Yet again he just comes off as a giant walking ego, which is why he can't handle any criticism from the paying fans.

Fwiw, having watched many of the press conferences etc, I think you did a great job with him Phil and had the balls to ask him the right questions despite his hawklike stare regularly aimed in your direction, his confrontational attitude and his beligerent demeanor. He often came across as a class A vvanker from where I was sat.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 10:41 - Apr 11 with 6502 viewsdidsburyblue

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 08:57 - Apr 11 by SouperJim

To my ears it's less of a two fingered salute to the fans and more of a two fingered salute to the press in the room. I've done the interview, I'm leaving, I'm not going to say goodbye to any of you guys and I'm not going to answer any questions about my departure, I'm just walking out.

Yet again he just comes off as a giant walking ego, which is why he can't handle any criticism from the paying fans.

Fwiw, having watched many of the press conferences etc, I think you did a great job with him Phil and had the balls to ask him the right questions despite his hawklike stare regularly aimed in your direction, his confrontational attitude and his beligerent demeanor. He often came across as a class A vvanker from where I was sat.

agree with all you've written Souper Jim, expect the first line. Rather than a two-fingered salute to either the fans or press, I think it's two fingers to anyone who has ever had the temerity to question him
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 12:55 - Apr 11 with 6256 viewsSuperblue95

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 01:38 - Apr 11 by NoCanariesAllowed

Mick McCarthy to the very last.

All it's missing is the theme tune from Sanford & Son...

He's right, he ain't much on speeches

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 13:01 - Apr 11 with 6249 viewspowinswitch

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 06:36 - Apr 11 by didsburyblue

Listen I wanted Mick out, for footballing reasons. But I thank him genuinely for the passion, the togetherness, and the better squad he has left us with. He earned a long spell here for saving us, he got about 20 - 25% more than he should have. Lets all move forward. He's a passionate guy, and he's hurting at the moment, which is fair enough
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 13:11 - Apr 11 with 6244 viewsPhilTWTD

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 08:57 - Apr 11 by SouperJim

Thanks. I can't say I've particularly enjoyed that side of things, to be honest. A bit more antagonistic than was really necessary, probably as a result of his experience with Ireland in the latter days. I was told that would be how things would be by a friend of mine in the Irish press pack when he was appointed.

Having said that, MM would always say hello and shake you by your hand at the start of a press conference or if we bumped into one another elsewhere. I'm sure me and my local colleagues will be warmly shaken by the hand when we bump into him with his future clubs, as he does with Midlands, North-East or Irish journos now.
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 13:12 - Apr 11 with 6235 viewsPhilTWTD

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 10:41 - Apr 11 by didsburyblue

agree with all you've written Souper Jim, expect the first line. Rather than a two-fingered salute to either the fans or press, I think it's two fingers to anyone who has ever had the temerity to question him

I think it was in part to make some drama out of his exit but also to avoid answering questions having given his quotes and post-match interview to the club.
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 15:50 - Apr 11 with 5966 viewsRyorry

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 13:12 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

I think it was in part to make some drama out of his exit but also to avoid answering questions having given his quotes and post-match interview to the club.

One of the things that I really love about Yorkshire is that generally speaking, people are much more prepared to say it how it is honestly to your face (rather than whispering behind your back) than they are down south.

However, for football managers these days, PR, interviews, being able to be the public "face" of a club and help "sell" it, plus have good relationships with the media, are surely an essential part of their skill set? - tho some people might not like that. So MM's difficulties in these areas do rather stand out - would you happen to know if he's ever done any media training, Phil? My guess is that he hasn't!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 16:32 - Apr 11 with 5906 viewsPhilTWTD

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 15:50 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

One of the things that I really love about Yorkshire is that generally speaking, people are much more prepared to say it how it is honestly to your face (rather than whispering behind your back) than they are down south.

However, for football managers these days, PR, interviews, being able to be the public "face" of a club and help "sell" it, plus have good relationships with the media, are surely an essential part of their skill set? - tho some people might not like that. So MM's difficulties in these areas do rather stand out - would you happen to know if he's ever done any media training, Phil? My guess is that he hasn't!

Not sure he's one to accept guidance along those lines!
Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 16:46 - Apr 11 with 5897 viewsRyorry

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 16:32 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 17:06 - Apr 11 with 5864 viewsflimflam

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 16:32 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

The Uefa pro license covers dealing with the media and other such things around PR

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 21:26 - Apr 11 with 5563 viewsfarkenhell

Audio: McCarthy's Press Conference Exit on 17:06 - Apr 11 by flimflam

The Uefa pro license covers dealing with the media and other such things around PR

Blimey - Portman Road now embedded into the uefa pro licence. Good to see!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024