Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park 21:02 - Jul 1 with 1668 viewsFunge

Any of you fools go to this yesterday?

1) QOTSA are just fcking ridiculously good live. Hella pleased I finally got to see them. Drummer is a lunatic.

2) That was easily the most badly organised gig I've been to. 2 hour queue for the bar, 30 minutes for water and a piss. Thank god for MD.
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:12 - Jul 1 with 1615 viewsStokieBlue

Finsbury Park is usually awfully organised for gigs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:20 - Jul 1 with 1585 viewsLord_Lucan

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:12 - Jul 1 by StokieBlue

SB

I saw The Stone Roses there, it wasn't too bad but getting back to Liv St in time was impossible.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:21 - Jul 1 with 1585 viewsFunge

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:12 - Jul 1 by StokieBlue

SB

Aye, I'd heard, but this was next-level bad.

Bar company have come out and said it was their fault, as 40% of their staff failed to report in for work!
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:25 - Jul 1 with 1564 viewsDubtractor

Had thought about going to that, but other the QOTSA wasn't arsed about anything else on the line up.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:30 - Jul 1 with 1548 viewsFunge

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:25 - Jul 1 by Dubtractor

Had thought about going to that, but other the QOTSA wasn't arsed about anything else on the line up.

Iggy was decent, albeit the sound levels were far too low.
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:35 - Jul 1 with 1534 viewsStokieBlue

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:20 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

I saw The Stone Roses there, it wasn't too bad but getting back to Liv St in time was impossible.

I saw them there as well a few years back.

I thought it was pretty badly organised then, no transport as you say, I walked home I think.

SB

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:38 - Jul 1 with 1515 viewscombsblue

Were You wearing a town hat? Saw a guy with a Ipswich baseball cap, me and another blue chanted at him and got blanked!

Awfully slow at bar but some decent music
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:01 - Jul 1 with 1465 viewsLord_Lucan

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:35 - Jul 1 by StokieBlue

I saw them there as well a few years back.

I thought it was pretty badly organised then, no transport as you say, I walked home I think.

SB

I flagged a random car down and offered them £30 to get me to Liv Street by 23.30, I think I got there an hour late. Chaos.

Then had the bright idea to find a late bar and get first train in the morning but no one would let me in because I was covered in red wine. Finally paid £15 to get in some dive, paid £5 for a can of Carlsberg and the lights came on, it closed.

Ended up getting a Uber back to Ipswich

You would have gone to the same gig as me, PIL were supporting and they were sh1te.

Lovely hot day but the sound wasn't great. No bar queues at all though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 1459 viewsGiant_Midget

Went yesterday, the acts were great but the organisation was piss poor.

Was handed a flyer today at music in the park for a Libertines headlined festival in Trinity Park in September.
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:06 - Jul 1 with 1447 viewsStokieBlue

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:01 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

I flagged a random car down and offered them £30 to get me to Liv Street by 23.30, I think I got there an hour late. Chaos.

Then had the bright idea to find a late bar and get first train in the morning but no one would let me in because I was covered in red wine. Finally paid £15 to get in some dive, paid £5 for a can of Carlsberg and the lights came on, it closed.

Ended up getting a Uber back to Ipswich

You would have gone to the same gig as me, PIL were supporting and they were sh1te.

Lovely hot day but the sound wasn't great. No bar queues at all though.

Yeah, I remember the sound being pretty shocking. I hung around the bar near the bars - seemed the most efficient thing to do.

Pretty eventful evening for you!

SB

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:14 - Jul 1 with 1430 viewsbrogansnose

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 21:20 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Son Of is there today. Sounds like I'm going to end up driving down there to pick him up.

Tastic.
Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:21 - Jul 1 with 1412 viewsLord_Lucan

Queens of the Stone Age - Finsbury Park on 22:06 - Jul 1 by StokieBlue

Yeah, I remember the sound being pretty shocking. I hung around the bar near the bars - seemed the most efficient thing to do.

Pretty eventful evening for you!

SB

Funny thing was we had this mad Indian taxi driver back to Ipswich, he said that he works every hour he can to keep him out of the bookies.

I dropped my mates off and ended up round mine and I couldn't find one of my trainers. After about 5 mins looking in the car (I was in the front seat) I decided that my mates must have nicked it for a laugh and I gave up. I went in my back garden to have a final glass of red and look at the stars, after about 20 mins I heard a knock on the side gate, the taxi driver had got to Copdock and my trainer had fell out of the footwell, taxi driver was such a lovely bloke he turned back to return my trainer to IP4.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024