Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oz Travellers 17:56 - Jul 19 with 5212 viewsartsbossbeard

Right, I'm booking flights/holidays for next year, where I suspect that I'll either be bitten by a snake, spider, shark or stinger or maybe a combination of all 4.

Anyhoo, two of the most "cost effective" 1 stop* options into Brisbane are:

China Airways
China Southern

Anyone flown with these? Any reviews?
I'm getting Eddie Murphy travelling to Nepal in The Golden Child vibes, I'll be honest.

Or am I best to pay a couple of quid more and simply go Emirates?

Thanks in advance
ABB

*I really don't want a 2 stop option, cheers.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

[Redacted] on 12:22 - Jul 20 with 910 viewsvictorywilhappen

Oz Travellers on 19:01 - Jul 19 by brogansnose

Have a word with Victory.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 12:26 - Jul 20 with 909 viewsvictorywilhappen

Oz Travellers on 11:03 - Jul 20 by TractorWood

I've even used Garuda through Jakarta. I got a dirt cheap business class flight last year. It was the same price as premium economy BA!

I'm not picky about airlines, I just try and get the best possible cabin for value. As others have said, you can't go that far wrong with Singapore, Cathay or Emirates. If you're going premium economy I'd go Cathay. For economy, Singapore are probably the best, their regional arm Silkair are pretty pleasant and Changi is nice to transfer through.

[Redacted]
Oz Travellers on 12:45 - Jul 20 with 896 viewsTractorWood

[Redacted] on 12:26 - Jul 20 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I used Singapore airlines a few months ago for Bali. I was top deck on A380 which was only 50% full. It was c.£500 return. Amazing value. I could have got it even cheaper but wasn't willing to risk the 45 minute transfer.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 12:47]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Oz Travellers on 16:10 - Jul 20 with 856 viewsIPS_wich

Oz Travellers on 12:45 - Jul 20 by TractorWood

I used Singapore airlines a few months ago for Bali. I was top deck on A380 which was only 50% full. It was c.£500 return. Amazing value. I could have got it even cheaper but wasn't willing to risk the 45 minute transfer.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 12:47]

Lived down under for five years. When my parents visit they fly Singapore into Singapore and then do low cost carrier (Silk, Air Asia, Scott) from Singapore to Oz.

Saves them a fortune on a main airline from uk to oz all the way.

Plus in five years, I've seen one snake and two nasty spiders...no sharks.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 16:11]
Oz Travellers on 16:35 - Jul 20 with 836 viewsartsbossbeard

Oz Travellers on 16:10 - Jul 20 by IPS_wich

Lived down under for five years. When my parents visit they fly Singapore into Singapore and then do low cost carrier (Silk, Air Asia, Scott) from Singapore to Oz.

Saves them a fortune on a main airline from uk to oz all the way.

Plus in five years, I've seen one snake and two nasty spiders...no sharks.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 16:11]

Ooh, this interesting. Flight wise rather than lack of shark sightings, of course.

Do Silk, Air Asia & Scott have all the niceties on board still? Films & TV stuff & maybe a relaxing sherry or two?

If so, we might have a winner.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oz Travellers on 19:20 - Jul 20 with 789 viewsTractorWood

Oz Travellers on 16:35 - Jul 20 by artsbossbeard

Ooh, this interesting. Flight wise rather than lack of shark sightings, of course.

Do Silk, Air Asia & Scott have all the niceties on board still? Films & TV stuff & maybe a relaxing sherry or two?

If so, we might have a winner.

I've only used Silkair and Cathay Dragon but they are normally for smaller legs like HKG to Siem Reap, Singapore to Penang, HKG to Bali etc. They tend to get around the entertainment thing by giving you access to restricted WiFi and saying you should download an app to a smartphone prior to departure. Food and drinks service is ok but limited.

If you want proper movies, a few cans of lager and an ice cream stick with the big boys. If you are keen to save cash then it's a decent option. I'd struggle on the cheaper options for 7 hours being totally honest.

If you can, I'd recommend geting an A380 and pay extra to go upstairs and pick the 2-4-2 seat configuration. Much better.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024