Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers 13:13 - Aug 15 with 3196 viewshype313

Was hard to watch the highlights of him getting skinned by League Two players, got a lot of time for Luke, real stalwart of the club, extremely vociferous, and a great ambassador, however, I do have some serious concerns regarding his form and how he will perform against the better teams in the division. His positional play has been lacking for a while, last night wasn't the first time he and Bart had a mix up, I'm starting to feel like he could be a liability this season, and at 32 he isn't getting any quicker.

It will be very interesting to see who Hurst brings in on the loan front, as for the first time in years, I feel Chambers could be under some pressure for his place in the team.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chambers on 15:54 - Aug 15 with 348 viewsMetal_Hacker

Chambers on 15:45 - Aug 15 by theblueginger

Chambers doesn't struggle with the physicality often although he's no Berra and he isn't small either (Micheal Morrison is the same height as Chambers.) He is also relatively mobile for a CB even at 32. Saying that we do miss someone a bit more uncompromising at the back, someone like Shaun Hutchinson from Millwall. Tilt looks as though he could also be the answer, especially considering he is left-footed.

I would say he isn't being helped by a lack of confidence around him. At Rotherham he was solid for 80% of the game, the 2 occasions he looked shaky in my memory was when either Jonas or Toto contributed to dropping him in it.

The short memories on here considering Chambers was one of our better players last season, and we looked shaky after he got injured at Brentford.

Has nothing to do with having "short memories" it's about a players capabilities and adapting to a team structure . For me that applies to Chambers and Knudsen .This "new" style of play PH has introduced has caught some of the old guard out and exposed their inefficiencies ...nothing to do with loyalty , leadership ,memories etc

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024