Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerken vs Bart 09:42 - Sep 3 with 3158 viewsArnieM

Lovely to see decent kicks up the oark yesterday , slightly more in field so our front men could win the ball and not squeezed into touch by defenders because the ball had been kicked ridiculously close to the by line. Or even being kicked simply into touch.

I think he did well yesterday in a high pressure game, considering he’s barely been given a chance at #1 . Gerken bread and butter game is SO much better than Barts iMO and at least when he punched the ball it ends up go8mg well out to the by line and not falling in the 18yard area.

Bart is not the be all and end all. It wouldn’t surprise me if he moves in Jan or the summer. I think HE thinks he’s bigger than the Club now. He was dropped yesterday because he had a paddy when Hurst told him he was responsible for a number of soft goals this season.

He’s NOT bigger than ITFC , and he seems to believe his own hype ...” the World Cup has made me a better player”. Really?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Gerken vs Bart on 09:54 - Sep 3 with 3095 viewsScuzzer

Really painful are kicks up the oark!

Established 1968

Gerken vs Bart on 09:55 - Sep 3 with 3086 viewsfloridaboy

Will be really interesting to see how Bart reacts to being dropped because I honestly believe after he came back from the world cup - even though he didn't get a game - that he was the best keeper in the world.

I still think he is miffed because no premier club came in for him in the summer.

Up to him now to persuade Hurst in training that he warrants the no 1 spot back

Really like how Hurst is doing his job. No one is safe. Be interesting if he gets Collins who is a left sided defender where that leaves Chambers especially with Toto to return and how well Pennington played yesterday
Gerken vs Bart on 09:56 - Sep 3 with 3080 viewsBrixtonBlue

I wouldn't have dropped Bart. He's a quality keeper (the better of the two overall) and would've played his way through his dodgy spell. Class is permanent and all that.

Having said that I understand why Hurst put Gerks in. He's been very patient and professional, so if he's not going to get a chance now (when Bart has made a few ricks) then when will he?

Plus Hurst hasn't had the years of quality we've seen of Bart. He can only go on what he's seen.

"I think HE thinks he’s bigger than the Club now. He was dropped yesterday because he had a paddy when Hurst told him he was responsible for a number of soft goals this season."

Have you got any evidence for this?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Gerken vs Bart on 09:56 - Sep 3 with 3070 viewsFrimleyBlue

Gerken vs Bart on 09:55 - Sep 3 by floridaboy

Will be really interesting to see how Bart reacts to being dropped because I honestly believe after he came back from the world cup - even though he didn't get a game - that he was the best keeper in the world.

I still think he is miffed because no premier club came in for him in the summer.

Really like how Hurst is doing his job. No one is safe. Be interesting if he gets Collins who is a left sided defender where that leaves Chambers especially with Toto to return and how well Pennington played yesterday

Also another reason why it's not always beneficial to bump up someone's pay packet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Gerken vs Bart on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 3062 viewsportmanking

Hang your head in shame.

Stop peddling disgusting myths about one of OUR players that loves the club and area.

He has not had a paddy whatsoever. He won't be happy to have been dropped but this is good man management to fire him to come back; nothing more, nothing less.
Gerken vs Bart on 10:03 - Sep 3 with 3030 viewsAshFinland

Gerken vs Bart on 09:55 - Sep 3 by floridaboy

You believed Bart was the best keeper in the world? Seriously?!?

Given his form over the last three years a case can be made that he has been the best keeper in the Championship, but if he was the best in the world he wouldn't be playing for us. Simple as.

He is one of the best reflex shot stoppers I have ever seen in an Ipswich shirt, but even when on form he doesn't particularly dominate his area, seems to struggle with long-range shots on the ground, and consistently fails to find teammates with his distribution.

I consider Bart a better keeper than Gerken but there is no way he deserved to play yesterday given his start to the season.

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of."

Gerken vs Bart on 10:04 - Sep 3 with 3028 viewsRobTheMonk

If I'm taking account this CURRENT season, then Bart has not had a good start. The majority of goals conceeded this season have been saveable in my opinion. That's why you have more than 1 goalie in the squad I guess - if one is not performing then you put the other one in. Gerks might be smashing it in training as well.
Gerken vs Bart on 10:06 - Sep 3 with 3014 viewsArnieM

Gerken vs Bart on 09:56 - Sep 3 by BrixtonBlue

I wouldn't have dropped Bart. He's a quality keeper (the better of the two overall) and would've played his way through his dodgy spell. Class is permanent and all that.

Having said that I understand why Hurst put Gerks in. He's been very patient and professional, so if he's not going to get a chance now (when Bart has made a few ricks) then when will he?

Plus Hurst hasn't had the years of quality we've seen of Bart. He can only go on what he's seen.

"I think HE thinks he’s bigger than the Club now. He was dropped yesterday because he had a paddy when Hurst told him he was responsible for a number of soft goals this season."

I suppose the evidence is his current reaction. He clearly doesnt feel he’s done anything wrong ( and we’re not talking about one mistake here are we). I think he played the Club regarding his contract. Yes all players want the best deal they can get , but if Palace had have put in an offer for him ( they didn’t ), he’d have gone in a shot.

I also think he does feel he’s worth a shot at the PL, which is fair enough , we’d all want that wouldn’t we. Is he good enough ! Personally I’d say no. Which is why no othe PL has even made inquiries for h8m. He may be our legend / hero/ POTS but he’s nobody else’s!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Gerken vs Bart on 10:11 - Sep 3 with 2992 viewsBrixtonBlue

Gerken vs Bart on 10:06 - Sep 3 by ArnieM

I suppose the evidence is his current reaction. He clearly doesnt feel he’s done anything wrong ( and we’re not talking about one mistake here are we). I think he played the Club regarding his contract. Yes all players want the best deal they can get , but if Palace had have put in an offer for him ( they didn’t ), he’d have gone in a shot.

I also think he does feel he’s worth a shot at the PL, which is fair enough , we’d all want that wouldn’t we. Is he good enough ! Personally I’d say no. Which is why no othe PL has even made inquiries for h8m. He may be our legend / hero/ POTS but he’s nobody else’s!

What reaction?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Gerken vs Bart on 10:14 - Sep 3 with 2980 viewsRegencyBlue

Gerken vs Bart on 09:56 - Sep 3 by BrixtonBlue

Seems to me that the message Hurst has given to the squad through this decision is that nobody is guaranteed to keep their place regardless of current form.

Pretty much what the majority of fans have been asking for over the last few years!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 10:16]
Gerken vs Bart on 10:23 - Sep 3 with 2926 viewsBrixtonBlue

Gerken vs Bart on 10:14 - Sep 3 by RegencyBlue

Seems to me that the message Hurst has given to the squad through this decision is that nobody is guaranteed to keep their place regardless of current form.

Pretty much what the majority of fans have been asking for over the last few years!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 10:16]

I think you mean regardless of PAST form. But yes, good stuff by Hurst. A far cry from Mick's proper blokes who play regardless.

Gerken vs Bart on 10:49 - Sep 3 with 2843 viewshammo56

I would imagine Bart wasn't very happy about being dropped.
If he was then I would be more concerned as I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. I back Hurst for making the decision to drop him as there is no doubt his form has been iffy to say the least so far this season.
I have no doubt Bart will regain his place in the side but this decision has shown all the players that if their form is not up to scratch then their place in the team is in jeopardy.
Gerken vs Bart on 10:58 - Sep 3 with 2811 viewsBerlinBlue

Gerken vs Bart on 09:57 - Sep 3 by portmanking

Hang your head in shame.

Stop peddling disgusting myths about one of OUR players that loves the club and area.

He has not had a paddy whatsoever. He won't be happy to have been dropped but this is good man management to fire him to come back; nothing more, nothing less.

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him reinstated in the next game or two. Dropping him is almost certainly a message to underline to him that he has to maintain his high standards or else, rather than PH having decided Gerken is the way forward.
Bart has consistently shown his ability and worth. Gerken is the number 2 for a reason.
Gerken vs Bart on 11:21 - Sep 3 with 2770 viewsFifeITFC

Gerken vs Bart on 10:11 - Sep 3 by BrixtonBlue

What reaction?

The OP has made 2 references to "reactions" or "paddys" to Bart being dropped that I've not seen mentioned anywhere else.

What has he done to make you think he's got the huff (other than the natual disappointment of being dropped)?

Bart off in January after just signing a new contract? I don't think so.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 11:23]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Gerken vs Bart on 11:32 - Sep 3 with 2733 viewshype313

Lost count the amount of times he has said how settled he is in the area, and the fact that his wife and kids are which is of paramount importance to him.

I haven't seen anywhere where he sees himself bigger than the club, think you're making things up.

He has no doubt suffered a loss of form and fair play to Hurst to sticking to his words, but I have no doubt Bart will come good again, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Gerken vs Bart on 11:44 - Sep 3 with 2697 viewsBluebell

Gerken vs Bart on 11:21 - Sep 3 by FifeITFC

The OP has made 2 references to "reactions" or "paddys" to Bart being dropped that I've not seen mentioned anywhere else.

What has he done to make you think he's got the huff (other than the natual disappointment of being dropped)?

Bart off in January after just signing a new contract? I don't think so.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 11:23]

For some reason the OP seems to dislike Bart. If you read his posting history Bart is often mentioned with Gerken being the preferred keeper.

I doubt anyone except Bart himself would know how he feels about being dropped!
Gerken vs Bart on 11:54 - Sep 3 with 2667 viewsportmanking

Gerken vs Bart on 11:44 - Sep 3 by Bluebell

For some reason the OP seems to dislike Bart. If you read his posting history Bart is often mentioned with Gerken being the preferred keeper.

I doubt anyone except Bart himself would know how he feels about being dropped!

It's actually a female poster - and she should know better...
Gerken vs Bart on 12:54 - Sep 3 with 2549 viewschristiand

It was a funny one yesterday, I wasn't surprised to see Bart drop to the bench equally I wouldn't have been surprised to see him start against Norwich. There's no doubt Bart is not in the inform we have seen over recent seasons where we have been spoilt. However, he has been culpable for a few of the goals we have conceded, which couldn't have helped his confidence and those of his team mates. It's a tricky one for PH to persevere with him based on his reputation and what others say about him or replace him with Gerken, who has been very professional throughout his time on the bench, not complained and waited patiently, and give him a go.

Personally, I would've given Bart yesterday's game to see if he could deliver after having a quiet word with him, but I have to say Gerken did everything that was asked of him and should expect to play against Hull City. I'm not a huge fan of Pickle and he is the inferior keeper in my opinion, but make no mistake that was a big ask of him. He hasn't played that regularly and to that level since Leeds United at home last season. He was steady and assured in his display without being spectacular, which is no more than any of us could ask of him. He was under a lot of pressure, especially the magnitude of the game and whom he was replacing. I can only see Gerken having ownership of that jersey until he has a 'sticky spell' and then it's up to Bart to be as professional as DG in the meantime and grab his opportunity when it arises.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024