Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star 13:51 - Oct 1 with 992 viewsJackADP

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/town-takeover-given-go-ahead-1-117764

Regarding Marcus Evans' takeover and what it would do for the club.

1. Transform the Blues from being a club in Administration in 2003 after relegation from the Premiership.

2. Give them the financial clout necessary to win their way back into the top flight.

3. Allow manager Jim Magilton to enter the transfer market when the window opens on January 1 with £millions at his disposal to spend.

It's interesting but also really disappointing to see that despite being one of the furthest ahead clubs in our division at the time in terms of footballs' new financial era, we are now so much further behind than a lot of clubs.

We've seen so many teams go up and down and we just seem to be eternally stuck with the most likely league change direction being down.
Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 13:59 - Oct 1 with 950 viewschicoazul

"IT is Premier League here we come"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 14:01 - Oct 1 with 943 viewsHorseboy

The first version of our current 5 point plan
Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 14:06 - Oct 1 with 927 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

This is my favourite bit...

'They now have a much better chance of seeing their team successful and watching the best players in the world performing regularly at Portman Road'

I suppose we got to see Gio.
Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 14:24 - Oct 1 with 892 viewsJackADP

Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 14:06 - Oct 1 by WickhamsLeftBoot

This is my favourite bit...

'They now have a much better chance of seeing their team successful and watching the best players in the world performing regularly at Portman Road'

I suppose we got to see Gio.

One of the only plus moments in the last 10 years...
Looking back on an old article from the Ipswich Star on 14:28 - Oct 1 with 880 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024