Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do we go from here then? 21:51 - Oct 24 with 2631 viewsBlueBadger

Some thoughts, in the wake of another gutless, soulless defeat. This time at the hands of Leeds.

1 - Hurst has to go. Now. He looked like the right man at the time of appointment but, like Keane before him he's tried to change too much, too soon, often unneccessarily. I can accept Waghorn going, the money being bandied around in close season we were NEVER going to be a position to refuse but Webster and Garner are big losses. The sale of Webster in particular is grating given that the Waghorn sale alone would have funded the Nolan purchase and we'd have had a centre half who can pass out of defence with Championship experience as opposed to the game-but-limited Nsiala.

2. How do we salvage this season? Much as it pains me to say thus I think we need to bite the bullet and bring in an experienced old lag on a short-term contract to the end of the season with a 'golden goodbye' bonus if he manages, somehow, to keep us up.

3. If Evans REALLY wants a future based round decent football, the academy and an up-and coming man then director of football is the way to go. Had we a DoF in, I suspect that a lot of the utter recklessness displayed by Hurst in the transfer market this summer might have been mediated by a wise head saying 'are you sure? This is a tough division and you need a few streetwise faces to support the up-and-comers'.

4(with a slight return to point 2). The short term appointment of An Old Lag would buy us time to sound out a manager with the appropriate up-and-coming-play-the-youth-players-and-good-football credentials.

5. Marcus Evans needs to seriously evaluate how serious he is about pushing the club forward and his level of investment. Whilst I appreciate he's been offsetting sometimes quite substantial losses that's not enough. Every transfer window since 2015 has seen us progressively more diminished as a competitive force on the pitch. The time has come for him to put his money where his mouth is, if he genuinely, genuinely wants us to compete rather than tread water or, as we are the moment, drown.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 21:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Where do we go from here then? on 21:52 - Oct 24 with 2543 viewsRegencyBlue

In short
League 1!
Where do we go from here then? on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 2517 viewsCoastalblue

So what you're saying is we need a plan?

Novel approach, but it might just work.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Where do we go from here then? on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 2493 viewsJ2BLUE

We need an experienced manager with a book full of contacts to get experienced battlers in on loan.

Send 1-2 of the current ones back and sign some experienced players. They don't have to be world beaters to add some steel to the side.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 21:55 - Oct 24 with 2447 views_

on 21:56 - Oct 24 with 2416 views_

Where do we go from here then? on 21:53 - Oct 24 by J2BLUE

We need an experienced manager with a book full of contacts to get experienced battlers in on loan.

Send 1-2 of the current ones back and sign some experienced players. They don't have to be world beaters to add some steel to the side.

Where do we go from here then? on 21:57 - Oct 24 with 2381 viewsBlueBadger

on 21:55 - Oct 24 by _

My views on him returning as manager are pretty well stated on here, but I think he could be a good DoF.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Where do we go from here then? on 21:58 - Oct 24 with 2365 viewsFtnfwest

I’d give it to Warburton who would tick all those boxes in one. Whoever it is can’t then be sacked if he doesn’t keep us up.....unless we actually get even worse!
Where do we go from here then? on 21:58 - Oct 24 with 2356 viewsbrogansnose

I can't see beyond us getting relegated. To my mind its what we do now to get things in place to get the hell back out of Div 3 the following season.
Login to get fewer ads

on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 2334 views_

Where do we go from here then? on 21:57 - Oct 24 by BlueBadger

My views on him returning as manager are pretty well stated on here, but I think he could be a good DoF.

It's all down to Evans on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 2290 viewsDyland

He needs to front up immediately. He gets such a relatively easy ride here.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where do we go from here then? on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 2278 viewsSteve_M

Have you logged in with the right account for this reasoned stuff??

Yep, pretty much that except I'm sure Evans doesn't want to own the club anymore which is affecting his decision making. The DoF point is such an obvious one yet, because Evans found out about football from playing golf with people who knew how it worked in the 80s, it's still beyond us.

The real shame is that there was so much positivity from fans this season and it's been rewarded with this mess.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Where do we go from here then? on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 2212 viewsBlueBadger

Where do we go from here then? on 22:01 - Oct 24 by Steve_M

Have you logged in with the right account for this reasoned stuff??

Yep, pretty much that except I'm sure Evans doesn't want to own the club anymore which is affecting his decision making. The DoF point is such an obvious one yet, because Evans found out about football from playing golf with people who knew how it worked in the 80s, it's still beyond us.

The real shame is that there was so much positivity from fans this season and it's been rewarded with this mess.

I'm THAT surprised with myself, I've sent it to Phil as a 'would this be a good blog' post.

Where do we go from here then? on 22:04 - Oct 24 with 2179 viewsVic

on 21:59 - Oct 24 by _

Klug won’t do it, we know that.

I do wonder if one thing that comes out of this horrid situation is that Nash and Hogg will have learnt how NOT to do it! So maybe them and a wise head (I wouldn’t be averse to Burley) could work. Let’s face it, we can’t really EXPECT to survive this season, so it could give them lots of time to plan and prepare for next season.

Personally I think some of the players Hurst brought in could well make the grade here, they are just so short of confidence now. These plus the likes of Wolfie, who I really, really liked the looks of, Dozzer, Downes and Morris could form a decent div 3 team ready to challenge to come back up.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Where do we go from here then? on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 2143 viewsblueconscience

Where do we go from here then? on 21:52 - Oct 24 by RegencyBlue

In short
League 1!

Non league is where we will end up with Evans in charge

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Where do we go from here then? on 22:08 - Oct 24 with 2087 viewsBlueBadger

Where do we go from here then? on 21:53 - Oct 24 by Coastalblue

So what you're saying is we need a plan?

Novel approach, but it might just work.

Radical, I know.

Where do we go from here then? on 22:09 - Oct 24 with 2068 viewssixtouchfootball

on 21:55 - Oct 24 by _

He had his time. Would be like Keegans return at Newcastle.. . Clutching at straws. Accept our time in this division is up and plan to rebuild.
on 22:10 - Oct 24 with 2034 views_

Where do we go from here then? on 22:09 - Oct 24 by sixtouchfootball

He had his time. Would be like Keegans return at Newcastle.. . Clutching at straws. Accept our time in this division is up and plan to rebuild.

It's all down to Evans on 22:12 - Oct 24 with 1991 viewsBlueBadger

It's all down to Evans on 22:00 - Oct 24 by Dyland

He needs to front up immediately. He gets such a relatively easy ride here.

The most valuable service Mick ever did him was as a human shield against the numbskulls.

Where do we go from here then? on 22:16 - Oct 24 with 1924 viewssixtouchfootball

on 22:10 - Oct 24 by _

He did in the end but took a fair few games to get a win. I cannot see anyone getting a reaction out of the current crop. The endeavour is there but we lack quality and experience.
on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 1847 views_

Where do we go from here then? on 22:16 - Oct 24 by sixtouchfootball

He did in the end but took a fair few games to get a win. I cannot see anyone getting a reaction out of the current crop. The endeavour is there but we lack quality and experience.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024